• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Manzanita

First Post
[sblock]Raven moves in to help Orerreth. She feints, then thrusts quickly to the man's gut.

OOC: feint to eliminate dex bonus to AC, and gain sneak attack. Her feint is against her opponent's sense motive + BAB. rollsbluff check 16; to hit 20; dmg 10; sneak dmg (if appropriate) 6[/sblock]

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

[sblock=Niccolo's action]"If gold is all you fight for, then see how you'll be paid," Niccolo snaps, and steps to flank the man with Siobhan as he redoubles his attack.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Bront: You used the action point. Technically you must use it before knowing the action's success or failure, and since I gave you the DC that meant that I de facto forbid you to us them in the saving throw roll. I don't think that was fair from my part, so I think it's fairer if you're allowed to use it.

[sblock=Siobhan]
Niccolo nods at you and dissaperas into he mist, trying to flank the soldier with you, but he doesn't hurt the soldier. Intead, you hear him talking with Raven. Not wanting to spend more time with a minion, she deflty avoids the Cannith and moves around him.

As she does it she hears Stulgar's voice, calling out "Sis, I'm over here."
. As Siobhan moves towards the voice, but around Niccolo's opponent position, she finds Orerreth. He holds a bloody handkerchief against his mouth and looks relieved when he sees you. Obviously exhausted, he points in the dais direction.

(ooc: you can see the dais' front's outline, but still not the warforged or Stulgar, whose voice seemed to be very close. You still have enough movement to reach them, but I want you to confirm that to finish the round.)[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Yeah, I agree, I was more worried about someone else reminding me I could use it. It does seem appropriate to have used in that instance. I think that's the third action point I've used in an eberron game ever. I keep forgetting them. Thanks for being flexable either way :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Someone](OOC: Did that take too much movement to also attack Orrereth? I'm guessing yes--if she can attack, she does that too)

*Siobhan nods to Orrereth, moving to stand next to him.*

"Do you have any of your spells left, Orrereth?" she asks him.

(OOC: If he moves away without doing a full withdrawal or casts a spell or does anything else to provoke an AoO, she will take it against him. If he starts to get away and she can't see him anymore, then she'll immediately shout "CESHIL IS TRYING TO ESCAPE DISGUISED AS ORRERETH, BUT YOU CAN TELL IT'S HIM BECAUSE OF THE CUT NICCOLO GAVE HIM TO HIS MOUTH! BLOCK THE EXIT!" to make sure the others know about this, and then she will go up to Brother)[/SBLOCK]

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=Siobhan]
You used a Withdraw action, so you can't attack. Remember you were adjacent to the Cannith swordman, and unless you specify I tend to think you prefer to avoid attacks of opportunity.

Also, what's your in-character rationale to think this is Ceshil and not Orerreth? You lost track of Orerreth at least two rounds ago, and Niccolo never actually hurt Ceshil: he used an attack of opportunity to strike at his back, definitely not his front, and even then failed to hit. In this specific encounter, the man you just found does look like and act exactly like Orerreth, and Siobhan honestly believes he's sincere when he looks relieved of seeing her.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads