The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: And Stulgar kicks ass and takes names on his Reflex save-- 25!)

*Stulgar rides the glide of the Grease spell without even noticing a problem or even coming close to slipping, leaping and running and almost reaching the front door of the chapel.*

Manzanita

First Post
Raven is disusted at the killing. These soldiers were not evil. If anything, they were obeying a misguided leader. At best, they were doing a task in which they believed.

"Come on, Orerreth. Let's get to the chapel!"

OOC: Raven will continue moving towards the chappel at tha double move, moving directly for Ceshil. I don't think she can reach him.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, for what it's worth, they did attack us first. Should we have just surrendered then? Or run and let them chase from behind and attack each round? By having a few guys stay behind, we can keep the rest of you safe to continue forward, at least I figure)

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

Deciding Siobhan has the right idea, Niccolo runs towards Ceshil. "You cowardly scoundrel!" he shouts. "You set your men to rob us and then call us thieves when we fight back! If no one else will stand up for justice I'll administer it myself!"

OOC: I'd like to make a diplomacy check to get the crowd to lay off Stulgar, and maybe help us out somehow: 1d20+6=8 (well, so much for that plan)

OOC: For the record, I'm certainly not opposed to stabbing evil-doers, and these guys certainly did take swings at all of us as we left the post office. It just seemed like I was better off making a run for it, since it was a race and all.

OOC: (Plus, you know, I am a wussy first-level guy)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No worries. It's more the contempt that was puzzling. As to Diplomacy, the 8 is awful luck, but the good news (if it can be called that) is that we can't make Diplomacy checks in the first place without spending a full-round action at least (and then with a huge penalty), so neither can Ceshil and we don't have to worry about opposed Diplomacy yet)

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: No worries. It's more the contempt that was puzzling. As to Diplomacy, the 8 is awful luck, but the good news (if it can be called that) is that we can't make Diplomacy checks in the first place without spending a full-round action at least (and then with a huge penalty), so neither can Ceshil and we don't have to worry about opposed Diplomacy yet)

ooc: Ah, but that's supposing you want to "change the attitudes of others" or "resolve situations when two advocates or diplomats plead opposite cases in a hearing before a third party", which I may or may not consider what the Diplomacy user is wanting to do. Convincing a stranger to let me borrow his car is going to take a lot more effort than shouting somebody a warning to move out of the way of a speeding bus; I may rule that in some special cases a social skill takes the same time as speaking.

In any case, the worst that coud happen is that you don't use Diplomacy this round, so you lose nothing with trying.

Someone

Adventurer
Siobhan stumbles back reeling from the pain, and reflexively raises her shield as the Cannith fighting with Latharion brings his sword on her. After a second she lowers the shield, as the blow never came down: all she sees is the man, with a serious wound in his arm, stumbling away from Latharion and his bloodied scimitar. The last Cannith they were fighting with looks over his shoulder, to the chapel Ceshil is almost reaching.

Stulgar meanwhile surfs the grease and jumps over the astonished crowd again with ease. He allows himself a moment to look backwards and finds out that Ceshil is running towards him, too at full speed and yelling ”City watch! Make way!”. By the time anyone comes to hi senses and manage to ask “Huh? Where’s your badge?” he’s at least 30 feet away.

[crunch details:

Initiative list:

Ceshil 21
Armed men 18
Orerreth 14
Raven 14
Stulgar 9
Niccolo 5
Latharion 4
Siobhan 4

Orerreth and Raven move forward, still impeded by the crowd.

Siobhan delays

Stulgar makes his Jump check again and continues double moving for the chapel. Now that he’s out of the crowd, he can see the dais where Basher is.

Niccolo follows Orerreth and Raven. His speech went largely unnoticed.

Siobhan maneuvers in position and Latharion strikes the Cannith down with another sneak attack. Siobhan then heals herself for 4 hit points.

Round 4:

Cesshil successfully Bluffs his way through the crowd, and his men follow him, except one who steps on the Grease and falls prone (the others can see than and avoid that spot). The last Cannith fighting Siobhan and Latharion thinks his work is done and withdraws out of the way (Siobhan can't make an AoO since she had to drop or sheathe her scimitar to cast CLW and I don't think she has any natural attack. Since it’s mechanically possible to do the whole flanking maneuver and sheathe the scimitar, I’ll assume Siobhan's weapon is in it’s scabbard right now)

Orerreth continues moving forward, now through the path the Canniths opened.

Attachments

• SW fight.jpg
    SW fight.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Skyway.zip
    125.5 KB · Views: 106

Rystil Arden

First Post
*What kind of action is it to pull the docent out? Depending on that, though it probably doesn't matter, Stulgar will probably double move and leap onto the dais. Realising he must explain himself in this case, he is only able to speak simply:*

"Carrying out Basher's last wish--must save the world from the schema in the docent," he says, "Bad guys behind me."

*Meanwhile, Siobhan gives Latharion a high-five over their successful attempt to hold off the ones that drew arms from endangering their comrades, but she turns her attention now to reaching the chapel in at least reasonable time, double moving after the others.*

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: This round Stulgar will be able to reach Basher if he uses at least a double move (more than 50 feet away). The warforged has decayed somewhat, as (IIRC by one dragonshard at the Wizards' page) it happens to them afer they are destroyed; the adamantine plates have grown brittle, but they still look very strong. There's an element that has survived with just a bit of stain, though: the Brelish crest on Basher's chest, over the place where humanoids generally have the heart. The crest is relatively large, with a diameter of about 6 inches, and while it does look like to be made of adamantine too it hasn't decayed, which suggest that it's not part of the warforged's original plating.

Remove ads