The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Then he'll move right there and stand blocking it, weapon still drawn so that even if Ceshil manages to follow through the crowd, he still can't get past Stulgar. Then next round, nab the crest and possibly more, depending on how things play out)

Manzanita

First Post
"Make way! Official House Business!" Raven shouts, as she dashes after the others.

OOC: Double move, 30 feet in difficult terrain.

DrZombie

First Post
latarion

Latharion runs to the east side of the bridge, looking to see if there are any airbarges passing under the bridge heading west.

(If so : He takes off his armor as quickly as possible, tosses both armor and shield to siobhan, takes a running start and jumps of the west side with aloud Valenar warcry)(OOC using as many action points as humanely possible :D. I know that this might take a few rounds )

(If not : He curses, and with a loud Valenar warcry makes his way through the crowd.)

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: @ DrZombie: Rystil is right, it'll be faster just to walk there. However I like the airbarge idea: if you accept to spend one action point something heading more or less in the right direction may pass near enough for you to grab on it.

Now we're waiting for Inky; I'll post the next round as soon he shows, or tomorrow if he doesn't.

DrZombie

First Post
(OOC : I'll spend the action point and jump. If you want to, I can spend the action point to remove my armor in one round and spend another for the ride :) )

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

OOC: (Whoops, sorry for the delay)

Seeing the action moving to the chapel entrance, Niccolo hurries over there.

Someone

Adventurer
Stulgar finally jumps into the dais where what’s left of Basher is. In his adrenaline-induced state, he’s not patient enough to stay and discern what does all of this mean, of where the crystal could be, so instead he turns to face his enemies.

He finds the horrified faces of those present. It’s curious how a warforged can present a horrified face, but they do, yet they don’t interfere when Stulgar growls his excuse. Beyond these people, Ceshil and what’s left of his men advance. One of them knocks over, on purpose of perhaps (surely) not, one of the stands on Raven’s path, who curses loudly.

Still a long way from the chapel, Latharion finds out that he has no hope of catching those ahead on time. Looking around for some kind of solution, he spots a magic carpet zooming over the platforms. Dropping his shield, he runs, jumps, and grabs it, holding the carpet with just his fingers. “What the…?” says the man on top of it. After a what feels like an hour but it’s really like a couple seconds or two, he slips and falls, to his death it seems. Scenes of his life flash before Latharion’s eyes, rudely interrupted just before hs first date when he rolls on the floor not far away from Orerreth. He looks at Latharion with eyes wide open, before remembering what’s he’s doing there. He waves a hand in the air and touches Niccolo’s shoulder.

[crunch details:

Initiative list:

Ceshil 21
Armed men 18
Orerreth 14
Raven 14
Stulgar 9
Niccolo 5
Latharion 4
Siobhan 4

Raven and Niccolo hurry after Cecil and co. since they are using the way they (the Canniths) opened with Bluff and Intimidate they don’t suffer difficult terrain penalties.

Stulgar jumps into the dais and quickly checks Basher, then turns and faces his pursuers.

Latharion drops his shield and miraculously manages to grab the flying carpet. He spends 1 extra action point in the jump check (technically, you can’t use actions points more than once per round, but since the first use was outside the rules anyway I’ll allow it this time), and before he’s forced to drop from the carpet he gains some terrain.

Siobhan moves too after the others.

Round 5:

Ceshil gets reunited with his men not far from the gate, except one on the Grease and the other one that’s forced to go around Raven. One still with Ceshil knocks over one of the stands, creating yet another zone of difficult terrain (this one smaller; occupies 3x3 squares).

Orerreth casts Shield of Faith on Niccolo’s clothes and moves forward too,

Status: Latharion 6 damage, Siobhan 9 damage. Niccolo has a +2 deflection bonus to AC.]

Attachments

• SW fight.jpg
    SW fight.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 93
  • skyway.zip
    126.9 KB · Views: 93

DrZombie

First Post
Latharion moves with all haste to the funeral, keeping an eye open for the hired thugs.

(OOC : move, tumble, whatever gets him forwards fastest)

Manzanita

First Post
Raven continues to run towards the chapel. Her eyes are narrowed as she leaps over trays and avoid pedestrians. Her mind races with the possibilities. Who can she trust here, and what is her place?

Remove ads