• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Godswar

Wrahn

First Post
The High Woods are protected from teleportation. I would imagine the Elven Gods are girding for war. This isn't neccessarily a bad sign, but it isn't a good one. I am going to use discern location on Thondur and see where he is. Talariel sends over the link.

Talariel begins the 10 minute casting of discern location.

Mithreander

Explorer
Thoria looks to the others. "Was there to be a spell cast over us? If not there is a lot of work that I could be doing. not bothering to send her thoughts through the link.

Seeing that everone is preocupied, she shrugs and turns back to the library in search of the scribs and the librarian.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Kel's scouting the coast, Vlad's heading to Heirakonpolis, Tal's tracking down Thor's clergy and Thoria is researching prophecy, right?

Lochlan turns to the advisor,
"If Thor emptied the north of every able-bodied warrior, just how large an army are we talking about?"

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: Kel's scouting the coast, Vlad's heading to Heirakonpolis, Tal's tracking down Thor's clergy and Thoria is researching prophecy, right?

Lochlan turns to the advisor,
"If Thor emptied the north of every able-bodied warrior, just how large an army are we talking about?"

"Every able-bodied warrior? Hundreds of thousands, though only one man in ten would own mail and a shield. That would take months, if not years, though; the Northmen are not easily gathered."

Pyrex

First Post
Lochlan smiles and shakes his head,
"Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question. Assuming the army has been on the march for at most a couple of weeks how large is it likely to be once they reach the High Wood?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Pyrex said:
Lochlan smiles and shakes his head,
"Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question. Assuming the army has been on the march for at most a couple of weeks how large is it likely to be once they reach the High Wood?"

"From five to twenty thousand, depending on how many runners have been sent. If Thor sent visions to his priests to summon more, perhaps as many as thirty-five thousand, and five thousand will be huscarles with better training and arms than their farming brethren."

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
OOC Nitipick: Isn't it "huskarl"?

Nodding, Lochlan continues,
first, over the bond
"Anywhere between 5 and 35 thousand troops could be marching on the High Wood. Tal, Kel, we really need to narrow down that estimate."

then, to the advisor,
"And what of the High Wood? What to you know of their forces?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Wrahn said:
ooc: Waiting for answers from the discern location spell...
OOC: Well, it is a ten-minute casting time; such things take time. And Pyrex, it's from Norse. The alphabet is different. I can spell it any way I like, so long as it's readable.

Talariel completes her spell, revealing that Thondur is perhaps four day's march from the edge of the High Wood.

Wrahn

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
OOC: Well, it is a ten-minute casting time; such things take time. And Pyrex, it's from Norse. The alphabet is different. I can spell it any way I like, so long as it's readable.

Talariel completes her spell, revealing that Thondur is perhaps four day's march from the edge of the High Wood.

ooc: not complaining, I realize it takes time, I was just pointing out that I was a little preoccupied

Thondur, one of Thor's ranking priests, it about 4 days from High Wood. If we wish to know numbers, I think that is the place to find them. Anyone have any objections to going to the army under the flag of truce? Talariel sends over the link as she teleports to the courtyard.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads