THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vale moves up and slashes the Leonid deep with his axe! The Leonid winces in pain, as Vale's slash brings him to the very brink of death! The Leonid is staggering, and bleeding, and looks as if one more solid blow could finish him!

GM:
Vale uses his Haste action to move into position. (Square D5.)
The Leonid charged this round, so he doesn't get his reach AoO vs. Vale.
Vale spends his normal actions as a Full Round Action.
Vale's First Attack (34) hits.
You did his second attack wrong. You had him at +15. Should've been +10.
Plus, you have +2 from the Haste, so it should have been +12.
I am going to re-roll that attack for you.
It was a 16. (Miss.)
Leonid takes 11 pts. damage. (116 pts.) GRAVELY INJURED.

RESPEN: It's your turn! What do you do?

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Respen:
Sending the end of the fight, Respen’s brow furrows at the remaining Leonid’s desperate attacks upon Thallok & particularly Tam. He is fond of the hobbit, and particularly Tam’s tendency toward good fortune. A moment of cruelty sharpens Respen’s eyes, but as it passes he stoically whispers an arcane elven phrase and blue light flies from his fingertips, striking the Leonid (17 damage). He hopes that it’s enough.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Although these Leonids are extraordinarily tough, in the physical sense, they have no particular resistance to magic or spells, with one or two minor exceptions; thus, Respen's Magic Missile spell hits its intended target, having its full, intended effect; the Leonid winces in pain, as the bolts slam into him, and it is more than his system can bear. The creature blinks twice, then collapses to the floor, and ceases to move.

GM:
Leonids have no SR.
Magic Missile is auto-hit. Leonids have no resistance to force effects.
Leonid takes 17 pts. damage.
The Leonid has now taken a total of 133 pts. damage.
Leonid goes down, and is DYING. [-3]

COMBAT HAS ENDED! All of the Leonids are either dead, or dying. EVERYONE: What do you do?

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
SPECIAL NOTE: After looking at his sheet, and seeing that he was weak compared to the rest of the party, Hua Xao (Scott DeWar's char) has been re-worked, and is now much stronger, and much more in-line with everyone else's abilities; Hua Xao is still a draconic-looking Humanoid (Human-like features, with Draconic aspects) but now he has a TAIL. For the sake of story continuity, let's all just assume that the tail was always there, lol. :D

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd
Stepping up to each Leonid in turn, I deliver a coup de grace with my greatsword. "Might as well be safe rather than sorry. I've never been a fan of giving enemies the chance to try to take my life again. Where to next?" I ask, looking to the others.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Dewydd, while finishing off your foes, you notice that on the large digit of the left paw, each of the minor Leonids is wearing a Silver Band (ring), and the Large Leonid has a Gold Band.

Respen also notices the rings, and speaks up, "We should keep those, they're all highly magical."

Sylvar nods in agreement: "He's right, all these rings radiate strong magic."

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam slumps down to sit on the Golem's shoulder. He feels the bleeding inside his cut up leathers, but looks at the face of the construct he had stood upon throughout the battle. Noting the strong, chiseled features that only intensified the reality of the sheer strength of the thing; Tam pats it on the cheek.

"Well, ol' boy," he says in his perpetual whimsy, "that was a hell of a thing."
He winces for a moment at the pain from the raking he took from the Leonid, then continues,, "I probably could have used some of your stone hide on this one, eh?"

Tam then chuckles to himself for talking so cordially to what he supposed was a completely mindless automaton.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As everyone is catching their breath, another portal suddenly appears!

Georgie says, in a lilting, female voice, "Ok, little Georgie, come home to mama. You did very well against the mean ol' kitties. Respen my dear, please pick up the pace, I am very anxious to find my childe. But at the same time, do try to be more careful. Muah!"

As Clare finishes speaking, the golem quickly turns toward the new portal, causally (and carefully) brushing Tam off of his shoulder (quite unceremoniously) before disappearing back through the portal, which immediately winks out of existence as soon as he steps through it. Tam is not injured by the tumble, unless one counts his pride.

Remove ads