The Heroes of House Tharashk

Express

First Post
Gulo sniffs at the dead creature. "What is this thing?"

Turning he smiles at Bursak, "Are these intrusions common here at Huckabees? Part of the entertainment perhaps?"

Last edited:

cdsaint

First Post
Bursak blanches at the sight of the creature. After a few seconds of being white, he turns a violent shade of purple, and barks at the half orcs gathered around outside the door. "Hruuk, Jonn, wait here, everyone else, back to your posts! On second thought, Jonn, go get Sam. Tell him to bring the keys to suite 4. Jump!" At that, he closes the door and turns back to all of you. "That" He points at the corpse "abomination is a choker. They're pretty rare most places, and they aren't all that common here, but they are more common here. They're usually found working with the Cults of the Dragon Below. As deep inside town as we are, I don't believe this is a random attack. Do any of you have any ideas why you might be singled out for elimination by anyone here?"

Hoog

First Post
Dox After Bursk comment I will look at everyone in the room and see if anyone reacts to Cult of the Dragon Below. I will also say " At this time I don't recall making anyone mad at me, yet. But he did attack Gamil even when we were all there fighting it."Then I will laugh. :lol:

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Cazanjan thinks for a moment. "Well, I could be a target just because of my house and profession. If I were, it probably would have nothing to do with me personally; it'd be just business."

Express

First Post
Gulo puts his sword away. Not knowing the old orc very well, the shifter merely shrugs at his question.

"The Cult, huh?" he asks, "are they active here in the marshes?"

Jarval

Explorer
"I have no reason to think that the Cult would be interested in me, but it may be more to do with what I am. Many seem to... dislike my people." Gamil shrugs.

"As for what the creature said, it only said two things: 'Revenge it is! It hurt me, me hurt it. Master says!' and 'It dies! Makes it die!'." Gamil says both in a fair imitation of the creature's voice. "The former was when I struck it with my weapon, and the latter on its failure to kill me. It did come closer than I would have liked, however."

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
"'Master says'?" Cazanjan furrows his brow. "Well, at least you're all right for the most, Gamil. This still doesn't sound all that good, though..."

cdsaint

First Post
"Are they active in the marshes? That's like asking if mosquitos and leeches are active in the marshes. It's where they live and breed with the other bloodsuckers and other vermin. A lot of people don't want to talk about it because they think it makes us look backwards, But yes, they're out there. Could be you just drew their attention because of who or what you are, or because of who you're working for, or something else. If you really want to know ask a Gatekeeper. I gave up trying to understand The Cults before you folks were born.

Since you've drawn their attention, I'm going to play it safe and put guards on your quarters front and back. We'll also move you out of this suite and into #4. We'll worry about cleaning up the mess here tomorrow. If you folks would pack up your stuff and come with me we'll get you settled in."

Hoog

First Post
Dox "No problem I will get my stuff now." After this I will pack my again and get ready to move to the other Suite.

Remove ads