• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The highest-damage fighter power is level 3?!

TimeOut

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
to me the reading seems to indicate its 2+1 attacks with a possible typo, 1 attack with a possible secondary attack.
No, since the Weapon power is not listed under Effect but under Hit. So it triggers at every hit. A Weapon line that would be listed as an effect would only trigger once (see Ranger Attack 5 - Two-Wolf Pounce).

Surgoshan

First Post
Rain of Blows gives you two attacks (otherwise no one would take it; it only does 1[W] damage). If you're wielding the appropriate weapon, you get to make an additional attack. It doesn't say anydamnthing about getting a secondary attack as a result of either of the primary attacks connecting. You just plain get the secondary attack as a result of wielding the appropriate weapon. It makes it an awesome power.

So you get two attacks, with the possibility of a third. Never a fourth.

chaotix42

First Post
Surgoshan said:
Rain of Blows gives you two attacks (otherwise no one would take it; it only does 1[W] damage). If you're wielding the appropriate weapon, you get to make an additional attack. It doesn't say anydamnthing about getting a secondary attack as a result of either of the primary attacks connecting. You just plain get the secondary attack as a result of wielding the appropriate weapon. It makes it an awesome power.

So you get two attacks, with the possibility of a third. Never a fourth.

Absolutely correct. Notice in the "Hit" section of the power it says nothing about "Make a secondary attack." The secondary attack is granted if you're wielding the correct weapon, nothing more.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hmmm... I see it as up to four attacks as well.

The "Two attacks" line is listed with the original attack, while the "secondary attack (with the stipulation of weapon" is indented under the Hit line, suggesting that it is a condition that occurs on a hit, IF you are wielding the stated weapon. So assuming all hits you have:

2 attacks vs Primary target
1st Hit (If weapon & stats, then) secondary attack vs same or different target
2nd Hit (If weapon & stats, then) secondary attack vs same or different target

So up to four hits on the same guy, or two hits on one and two hits on another, etc.

It's pretty broken that way, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a layout problem.

Fitz

Branduil

Hero
I'm fairly sure you're only supposed to get two attacks at most with that power. If you look at all the Ranger powers that give two attacks, in the "Hit" line it always says "x[w]+x per attack." There is no such wording in the fighter power, so I think you only get the first attack, and then the second attack if you hit and are wielding the appropriate weapon.

TimeOut

First Post
chaotix42 said:
Absolutely correct. Notice in the "Hit" section of the power it says nothing about "Make a secondary attack." The secondary attack is granted if you're wielding the correct weapon, nothing more.
So the indentation is an error?

Edit: I stand corrected. You are right.

I thought the secondary attack was indented one below Weapon.

Yes, 2 basic attacks + 1 additional if you wield the weapon.

Last edited:

chaotix42

First Post
I'm not sure the indentations are indicative of anything. Every power with a secondary/tertiary/etc. effect has those indented except for Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I can see how one could look at this as two attacks or even three, but four? It says you get 2 attacks, then it says you get an extra attack if your wielding x. It says nothing about getting extra attacks because you hit. You get the third or second attack just for wielding the proper weapon. *edit* I see the argument for 4 attacks now, but balance wise its crazy so that tells me their is an error.

does anyone think the actual intention of this power was to allow 4 attacks... lets be honest.

the more I read it, the it looks like only 2 attacks, with a typo on the attack line.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads