The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion moves behind Raijin, putting another shadow over hulking demon. He proceedes by lobbing one of his bolts over the beast into one of it's smaller brethren. It flies high, but then hits the branch of the tree on it's way down, missing completely.

"Earth, back off, let it get up. It seems it'll hurt more when it does and I can target it better! Raijin, I'm right behind you! Let's target the big one first, you were right, there is no time for smaller ones. That one up is not really accessible at the moment."

[sblock=Actions]
Free: shroud over the hulk
Move: F10
Standard: Chaos bolt vs N16 Will; psychic damage (1d20+7=10, 1d10+10+3=22) - figures, when I roll good damage, I cannot hit anything

Minor: Perception (1d20+1=16) - of course, here I roll high - to notice that portal on the far left side

OOC: I don't think I can get close enough (3 squares ) with one move to spend standard on closing, I will in the next round.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: FYI: I'm out of town from tomorrow through Sunday. Not sure what internet access might be like. Especially since this game is in combat, it'll be prioritized, but if you're waiting on me, feel free to NPC. Barring major changes in the tactical situation, Devinihm's likely to continue with what he's doing now; taking DR-reduced hits from demonlings to get auto CA and make use of the Claw glove bonus.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Demons Rifts, Round 3

Xander blasts down the demonling attacking Devinihm and then follows after the others.

---

The huge demon roars in frustration as it slams futility into Earth's hulking form.

Meanwhile, one of the demonlings leaps across the rocks, spotting Illarion and tearing at him as another snaps at the swarm of Devinihm to little effect.

Yet another appears from the south-eastern rift and the large one draws closer to reality in the biggest rift.

[sblock=Xander's actions]Standard: Sacred Flame: 1d20+7=21 Reflex vs Demonling 4. Earth gains 3 THP.
Move: Move to J8.[/sblock]

GM: Earth's End-of-round save: 1d20+2=13, saved.

[sblock=Arcana DC 20, minor action]The smaller rifts are fairly unstable. If someone could get adjacent to one they could close it with a Standard Action DC 20 Arcana check. The larger rift looks more more stable, it will take 5 Standard Action DC 20 Arcana checks to close, though these attempts may be made from up to 3 squares away.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Horned Demon 1: Dangerous Foe(when hit by Earth): Spined Fist(-2 prone): 23 AC, miss. Stand up(taking 14 damage), Tearing Swipe(Close burst 1): 10 Fortitude vs Earth, miss.

Hunter Demonling 5: Unnatural Leap: Jump to G13, charge to F11. Claws(+1 charge, +1 damage Demon Rage): 14 AC vs Illarion, hit, 6 damage.
Hunter Demonling 6: Charge to N17, Claws(+1 charge, +1 damage Demon Rage): 25 AC vs Devinihm, hit, 6 damage reduced to 2.

Small Rift 4: Hunter Demonling 7 appears adjacent.
Large Rift
: Horned Demon 2 visible. Will emerge in 2 rounds.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: J12, 3 THP, 10 damage taken, Form of the Thunder Mountain
Xander: J8
Mab: E13, Stealth 36
*Hand of Salzacas: F18
Devinihm: O16, 1 THP, 5 damage taken, DR4
Illarion: F10, +1 AC
Raijin: E9, 5 damage taken

Horned Demon 1: H12-I13, 75 damage taken, marked(Earth), slowed, 2 shrouds(Illarion)
Horned Demon: ?? Max HP, 17 AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, ?? Resist, ?? Vulnerability. MBA: Spined Strike: +8 vs AC, 2d10+3 damage, miss: 5 ongoing damage(save ends) and the Horned Demon takes 5 damage. Demon Rage(Aura 5): Demons in the aura deal +1 damage per demon adjacent to the target they are attacking. Dangerous Foe(Immediate Reaction, when hit by a melee or close attack): The Horned Demon makes an MBA against the target.

Hunter Demonling 5: F11
Hunter Demonling 6: N17
Hunter Demonling 7: N21
Hunter Demonling: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will, ?? Resist, ?? Vulnerability. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 4

Spinetail Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, ?? Resist, ?? Vulnerability. MBA: ??
Spinetail Demonlings destroyed: 1

Large Rift: A14-B15, Horned Demon 2 emerges in 3 rounds.
Small Rift 1: A7(4 squares up on cliff)
Small Rift 2: F20
Small Rift 3: O22
Small Rift 4: M1[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]The smaller rocks in the middle and sides of the battlefield require a DC 15 Athletics check or are considered difficult terrain that costs 3 squares of movement to traverse instead of 2. It provides cover.

The cliffs (A1-E8) require DC 18 Athletics(Climb) checks to ascend.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Demon Rifts Round 3.jpg
    Demon Rifts Round 3.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Illarion AC: 14 (15 until start of next turn if his 1st attack roll in a turn is even) - which it was (10) it doesn't matter if it's a miss.

I will work toward making mini statblock. Sorry about this. I understand if you want to keep it as hit as I didn't mention this in stat block.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin moves slowly and carefully over the rocks towards the large portal. I think I see the tear in space! He pulls his older staff out to stead himself, now wielding two.

OOC: Move: Walk to C11
Standard: Close portal with Arcana
Minor: Draw second staff

[sblock=ministats]
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 18
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 13, Will 19
HP: 38/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 6/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath, Slaad's Gambit, Brooch of Shielding

Triggers: Attacked from within 5 while bloodied (Slaad's Gambit - Interrupt)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth lifts his hammer over his head, and it glows, like a beacon. Then, with all the weight of the stone, he propels it downward, sinking it again on his foe's shoulder. The glow extinguishes, but before that, it heals Earth's wounds. "The Earth heals the infected little wounds you make on me, while it batters and destroy you. What chance has a pitiful demon, against the Will of Nature? Return to you plane, of perish!"

OOC: Using Earth gift, Earth heals 10 dmg. Damage is 2d10+6, +2 from Guardian form, +4 because the demon is slowed. I forgot to add the extra guardian damage in my previous attacks I think.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Illarion AC: 14 (15 until start of next turn if his 1st attack roll in a turn is even) - which it was (10) it doesn't matter if it's a miss.

I will work toward making mini statblock. Sorry about this. I understand if you want to keep it as hit as I didn't mention this in stat block.

GM: Less important than a mini-statblock - which is mostly for player reference to remember what powers you've used and to check the DM if he makes a mistake(which I do) - is posting EXACTLY what happens on your turn. When you post your turn, post the mechanical effects of every action, power, feature, etc.

Unless something seems way off, I trust my players to tell me what they and their powers do. Some players get lucky and I've seen their class in play enough (or played one myself) and I'll add bonuses they forgot for them (like Earth's Font of Life beginning of round save).

Otherwise, I rely on what you post as the mechanical effects of your actions. At some level, I know Chaos sorcerers get an AC bonus if they roll something, but after a long day of work and trying to update two games and run three PCs before I pass out, don't trust me to remember it.

That said, I'll revise Illarion's status.

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
Not entirely sure what to do to negate the portals' Abyssal energies, Auntie Mab settles on an old fortune teller's trick. Taking a steadying breath, she whispers, "Well, here goes nothing." Mab begins to move her hands in overlapping circles directly opposite to the pattern of the large portal's rotation, just as she would with the 'arcane mists' inside her old crystal ball. For a moment, she feels almost in tune with the pulsating energies, but true mastery of the arcane proves just beyond her grasp.

The tieflingoid hand hovering near the smaller portal however, having much greater familiarity with Infernal and Abyssal magics, mirrors the old woman's motion briefly, but then lances forward at a crucial moment tearing the fabric of the portal's unreality and sealing it shut.

[sblock=Auntie Mab actions and stats]Minor = Sustain Prison of Salzacas

Move = Auntie Mab remains hidden, Hand of Salzacas moves to G20

Standard = Arcana vs. Portal in F20 (1d20+8=23)

Free = Action Point

Standard = Arcana vs. Large Portal (1d20+8=19)

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10 (Daggers: 5/5)
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace
Prison of Salzacas, Cloak of Resistance
Combat notes:

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17
Skills: +17 Thievery, +21 Stealth

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Waiting for [MENTION=55230]DMDanW[/MENTION] to run Xander, [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] to run Devinihm, and [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] to run Illarion.

I'll update tomorrow sometime.

Remove ads