The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Demons Rifts, Round 2

Mab moves up towards the big demon, hitting it with a smartly thrown knife despite the rocks in the way.

---

The Demon swings up at Earth from where he has it pinned against the rocks, bone spurs on its arm exploding into fragments that tear into the elemental.

The last Demonling charges Devinihm, killing a few bugs while two more appear from the small rifts.

The demon in the large rift claws its way slowly closer to reality.

[sblock=Mab's actions]Move: Move to M11. Stealth check from cover: 1d20+17=20, success.
Standard: Sly Flourish(+2 CA, -2 cover, -2 prone): 1d20+9=25 AC, hit, 1d4+8+2d6=22 damage.[/sblock]
GM: Earth's Start-of-round save: 1d20+2=9, fail. Earth takes 5 damage. End of round: 1d20+2=15, saved.

DMDanW: I miscounted the range to the big Demon. My bad. I'll change the effect to go to the demon instead(which won't heal but will still reduce its defenses)

[sblock=Arcana DC 20, minor action]The smaller rifts are fairly unstable. If someone could get adjacent to one they could close it with a Standard Action DC 20 Arcana check. The larger rift looks more more stable, it will take 5 Standard Action DC 20 Arcana checks to close, though these attempts may be made from up to 3 squares away.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Horned Demon 1: Spined Fist(reach 2, -2 prone): 14 AC vs Earth, miss, 5 ongoing damage(save ends), Horned Demon takes 5 damage.

Hunter Demonling 3: Elemental Reflection(When takes elemental damage from Raijin): Raijin takes 5 fire damage.
Hunter Demonling 4: Move, charge to N16, Claws(+1 charge, +1 damage Demon Rage): 19 AC vs Devinihm, hit, 6 damage reduced to 3 and grants CA to Devinihm.

Small Rift 2: Hunter Demonling 5 appears adjacent.
Small Rift 4: Hunter Demonling 6 appears adjacent.
Large Rift
: Horned Demon 2 visible. Will emerge in 3 rounds.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: J12, 5 damage taken, 5 ongoing damage(save ends), Form of the Thunder Mountain
Xander: O12
Mab: M11
Devinihm: N15, 3 THP, 5 damage taken, DR4
Illarion: L8, +1 AC
Raijin: F10, 5 damage taken, grants CA, -5 to attacks

Horned Demon 1: H12-I13, 48 damage taken, marked(Earth), can't stand up from prone, -2 defenses, 14 damage when stands up from prone, prone, shroud(Illarion)
Horned Demon: ?? Max HP, 17 AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, ?? Resist, ?? Vulnerability. MBA: Spined Strike: +8 vs AC, 2d10+3 damage, miss: 5 ongoing damage(save ends) and the Horned Demon takes 5 damage. Demon Rage(Aura 5): Demons in the aura deal +1 damage per demon adjacent to the target they are attacking.

Hunter Demonling 4: N16, grants CA to Devinihm
Hunter Demonling 5: G19
Hunter Demonling 6: N21
Hunter Demonling: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, 15 Fort, ?? Ref, 14 Will, ?? Resist, ?? Vulnerability. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 3

Spinetail Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, ?? Resist, ?? Vulnerability. MBA: ??
Spinetail Demonlings destroyed: 1

Large Rift: A14-B15, Horned Demon 2 emerges in 3 rounds.
Small Rift 1: A7(4 squares up on cliff)
Small Rift 2: F20
Small Rift 3: O22
Small Rift 4: M1[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]The smaller rocks in the middle and sides of the battlefield require a DC 15 Athletics check or are considered difficult terrain that costs 3 squares of movement to traverse instead of 2. It provides cover.

The cliffs (A1-E8) require DC 18 Athletics(Climb) checks to ascend.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Demon Rifts Round 2.jpg
    Demon Rifts Round 2.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth swings his hammer, from up to down, sinking it in the demon's chest. The might of the blow lets his foe slowed. "You entered the wrong realm; the only exit, is death."

OOC: I'll try the EnWorld Roller, since most people is using it. Using Weight of Earth, if hi, enemy is slowed UENT

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Very well. Raijin responds to Illarion I will close one of the smaller ones, but only if more of you join me near the large one soon. You too Mab, your arcane sight is needed. The sorcerer begins to climb the rocks but they are too high for him.

OOC: DM, did my immediate interrupt killing the minion not negate its attack?
Move: "Climb" to E9, failed the roll of 15. Does that mean it costs 3 movement instead of 2 or that I fall prone in E9?

[sblock=ministats]
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 18
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 13, Will 19
HP: 31/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 6/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath, Slaad's Gambit, Brooch of Shielding

Triggers: Attacked from within 5 while bloodied (Slaad's Gambit - Interrupt)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm's swarm slithers around the demon, then coils back a moment, lashing out as if a single body with a giant stinger. It's an impressive display, though the effort clearly slows the attack, making it easier to dodge.

[sblock=actions]Status: DR4 (wild shape), melee attackers grant CA Stinging Swarm, +2 damage vs. demons (ship bonus)

Free:
Minor:
Move: Shift to O16
Standard: Savage Rend

Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Weapon: Magic Staff +2: +7 attack, 1d8+6 damage
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage, and you slide the target one square.
Special: This power can be used as a melee basic attack

I apparently had my head up my *** and completely misread my power and messed up the rolls. I didn't re-roll because that seemed unfair. So:

* Attack should actually be +9 (+7 standard +2 for CA), so 15 vs. Reflex.

* Then I also managed to forget both my magic implement damage bonus and the vs. demons damage bonus. So, if the attack hits, it does 15 damage and slides the demon to O15. Massive apologies for the brain-frozen roll:

Savage Rend attack; damage; claw gloves bonus damage (1d20+6=12, 1d8+4=10, 1d10=1)[/sblock]

[sblock=resources used]Encounter: Flowing Swarm[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"I'm on it, Raijin dearie!," Auntie Mab calls out, just before she disappears around the rock pile, faster than even demon eyes can follow her.

As she approaches the large portal, she skids to a stop hidden safely behind one of the rocks. A thought occurs to her as she eyes the pulsating warp in reality. "I wonder if my new set of hands can help me with these portal thingamajiggies," she whispers. "Maybe I can work on two of them at once..."

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=

Move= to H8

Move= to E13, and become hidden = Stealth (1d20+17=36)

Minor= Conjure the Hand of Salzacas in F18

End=

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10 (Daggers: 5/5)
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace
Prison of Salzacas, Cloak of Resistance
Combat notes:

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17
Skills: +17 Thievery, +21 Stealth

OOC: [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION] - can I remotely manipulate the portals through the Hand if I use minor actions to sustain it and standards to make the Arcana checks?

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
DM, did my immediate interrupt killing the minion not negate its attack?
Move: "Climb" to E9, failed the roll of 15. Does that mean it costs 3 movement instead of 2 or that I fall prone in E9?

GM: My bad. The interrupt did kill it, I'll reduce your damage by 6.

Failing the Athletics just means that it costs 3 movement per square of rock instead of 1.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin hurredly scurries up the rock... and falls flat on his face. Standing up he curses I can't make it.

OOC: Continue Move action to run (3/8 used) and climb up cliff (DC 18) to D8
Move: stand up.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: That just leaves [MENTION=55230]DMDanW[/MENTION] for Xander and [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] for Illarion.

Remove ads