The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

pacdidj

First Post
Realizing this won't end until the spheres are destroyed, Mab quickly takes aim and brings the nearest demonling down, her glinting magical blade lodged momentarily between its eyes before reappearing in her hand. She then turns swiftly to the nearest sphere, and reaches out a cautious hand to investigate which is swiftly burned by an arc of Abyssal energy.

"Ouch! My that smarts," The old woman huffs. "How am I supposed to bring one of these down without losing a finger or worse?," she ponders.

[sblock=Auntie Mab actions and stats]Start=

Standard= :ranged:Sly Flourish vs. Demonling 12 = hit

Move= to I6

Minor= Arcana (1d20+8+1=12) = fail to destroy sphere, take 8 damage

End=

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: bloodied
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: 4/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 6/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace
Prison of Salzacas, Cloak of Resistance, Gambler's Suit

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17
Skills: +17 Thievery, +21 Stealth

[sblock=Readied Immediate Interrupt]Trigger: An enemy hits Mab with an attack that would reduce her to 0 or fewer HP.

Action: Gambler's Suit - The triggering enemy rerolls the attack roll and must use the second result. If that result is a hit, the attack scores a critical hit.[/sblock]

OOC: FYI: this is the last time I'm going to be able to post for a little while. I am leaving on vacation tomorrow morning for a week and a half, and I'll probably have limited or no internet access till May 1st. [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION] - I hate to stick you with NPCing another character. Maybe someone else would be able to run Mab's turns? Her sheet is linked in the statblock. It'll probably be hard to keep her alive at this point with only 4 HP left, much less conscious. But do you're best. ;) She still has a healing potion left which could help.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I could take her, she can aid arcana and Illarion gets burned on fail (or she drinks the potion an she is the one aided). Also, could she use the prison as proxy to avoid the damage?

Neurotic

Illarion observes warily the portals still open, but leaves his post, making his way to closest red orb. He takes a deep breath and grabs for the red light, twisting it's energies into outward spiral that quickly dissipates.

"Mab, take the potion let's do this together. Raijin, come and help us! Earth, Devilnhim, please take care of the little ones. Deal?"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: H6
Standard: Second Wind healing 8
Minor: Arcana (1d20+5=23)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Illarion Meriele]
SPECIAL: resist 5 psychic; if 1st attack in the round is even gain +1 AC; odd - make a saving throw
On nat 20: slide the target 1 square and knock it prone
On nat 1 MUST push all within 5 squares 1 square

AC: 14 Fort: 12 Reflex: 14 Will: 19
HP: 26/34 Surges: 4/7 Surge Value: 8

FEATS
Level 1: Shadow Initiate
Level 2: Grasping Magpies

POWERS

Chaos Bolt
Blazing Starfall
Changeling Disguise

Changeling Trick
Assassin's Shroud
Mists of Disarray
Ice Dragon Teeth
Second Wind

Grounding Rebuke
Good Timing

[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I could take her, she can aid arcana and Illarion gets burned on fail (or she drinks the potion an she is the one aided). Also, could she use the prison as proxy to avoid the damage?

GM: Go ahead and take over Mab Neurotic.

The prison will not reduce the risk of damage. Side note, I forgot to mention the damage they deal is psychic.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Final Chamber, Round 8

Earth smashes the demonling into the stones before it even finishes emerging fully from the void. Seeing another one appear, he runs up to it and binds it to him.

[sblock=Earth's actions]Standard: Strength of Stone: 1d20+12=20 AC vs Demonling, hit, dead.
Move: Run to P9.
Free: Mark Demonling.
Minor: -[/sblock]

The voidwalker suddenly floats out of the wall, rending at the weave of reality around Devinihm. Fortunately, in his only semi-substantial state, he feels only the merest twinge. With a gesture, another rift closes and another Demonling appears on the stairs.

The demonling that escaped comes bounding back, tearing into the bug-swarm of the druid while the on that emerged from the void sinks its claws into Earth, then uses him like a springboard to leap in an arc that carries it over the void to land nearer the voidwalker.

Yet another demonling appears from the void...

GM: Other instances of the voidwalker are considered the same creature. If the power lets you use the attack against the creature you attacked again, you can use it against other instances of it.

The 6 cold damage Raijin took left him with 0hp. He's down.

[sblock=Red Spheres]The red spheres are definitely keeping the void intact while the relics seem to be keeping the void from opening more. You can disable a sphere by getting adjacent to it and making a DC 20 Arcana check. If you fail the check, however, you'll take damage equal to the amount you failed it by.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Voidwalker: Move to G12. Trembling Wake(close burst 3): 11 Reflex vs Devinihm, miss. Stormrift: A Stormrift closes and Demonling 14 appears.

Demonling 7: Move, charge to F8, Claws: 21 AC vs Devinihm, 5 damage.
Demonling 13: Claws(+2 CA): 28 AC vs Earth, hit, 5 damage. Unnatural Leap: Jump to K14, ignoring OAs.

Abyssal Void: Demonling 15 appears adjacent.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: P9, 2 THP, 34 damage taken, grants CA, -5 to attacks
Mab: I6, 37 damage taken, bloodied, 1 death save failed
Raijin: N3(on landing 6 squares up), 42 damage taken, bloodied, dying, unconscious, prone
Illarion: H6, 10 damage taken, +2 defenses
Devinihm: G9, 29 damage taken, bloodied

Silver Demons destroyed: 1

Voidwalker Demon: G12, 89 damage taken, bloodied, resist 10 cold
Voidwalker Demon, 90 Max HP, 18 AC, 16 Fort, 18 Ref, 19 Will, MBA: Frame Discharge: +8 vs Reflex, 1d8+4 lightning damage

Hunter Demonling 7: F8
Hunter Demonling 13: K14, marked(Earth)
Hunter Demonling 14: S16
Hunter Demonling 15: M14
Hunter Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 11

Abyssal Storm Rifts: T6, K17, M4
Abyssal Storms Rifts - any creature moving adjacent to or starting its turn in or adjacent to a Rift takes 1d8 damage(roll d6 for damage type, 1: Acid, 2: Cold, 3: Fire, 4: Lightning, 5: Thunder, 6: All and the rift does +1d8 damage.)

Red Spheres: V10(on landing 4 squares up), N18(on landing 2 squares up)
Red Spheres disabled: 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain, Lighting, and Features]*The room is bright thanks to Mab's sunrod, except within 2 squares of the void(J7-Q14).

*Chains: The chains run up to their appropriate landings, with a DC 20 Acrobatics check and a Run Action, you may run up them to the appropriate landing(if you have enough movement). If the check fails, you fall off half-way up, taking appropriate falling damage. Alternately, they may be climbed with DC15 Athletics checks.

*The red spheres are all 1 square above ground level for whichever level they are at and provide dim 5 light. You may pass under them.

*Each platform of the stairs is 10' higher than the last (first one is 10', next is 20', last is 30'). The walls are smooth stone, DC 25 to climb.

*D6, D10, D11, and D14 are the bases of the arches and are treated as walls.

*The dark swirling void area is... icky. You're pretty sure you don't want to go in there.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Final Round 8.jpg
    Final Round 8.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 104

Neurotic

"Don't you know when to die?! Well, let's see you recover from this!"

calls out Illarion as he puts one of his bolts squarely into the swirling void. Without any apparent effect.

"Now, now, dearie. Don't get mad at it, you'll break something. Let old Mabeth help you." states old witch, expertly putting one of her knives in the middle of the greater demon which collapses to nothingness.

"See, that's how it's done. Now, to see that no more demonlings escape." she quaffs the potion she had ready and moves toward the door
"Help the druid, will you, Illarion?"

Illarion nods at the woman he thought a con. Just as he is more dangerous then his appearance suggests, there is more then just talk to this one. Something he knew already, but she surprises him still.

[sblock=Actions]
Illarion Standard: Chaos bolt vs Void Will; psychic damage (1d20+7=8, 1d10+10+3=16) - Illarion gets +1 AC TENT (this is my second 1 in a row from an attack - just diff character)

Mab Standard: Sly Flourish vs Void AC; damage (1d20+11=26, 1d4+8=11)

Mab Minor: drink potion
Mab Move: E10

Illarion Move: E7, avoiding OA if possible column 6
Illarion Minor: ready staff
[/sblock]

[sblock=Illarion Meriele]
SPECIAL: resist 5 psychic; if 1st attack in the round is even gain +1 AC; odd - make a saving throw
On nat 20: slide the target 1 square and knock it prone
On nat 1 MUST push all within 5 squares 1 square

AC: 14 Fort: 12 Reflex: 14 Will: 19
HP: 26/34 Surges: 4/7 Surge Value: 8

FEATS
Level 1: Shadow Initiate
Level 2: Grasping Magpies

POWERS

Chaos Bolt
Blazing Starfall
Changeling Disguise

Changeling Trick
Assassin's Shroud
Mists of Disarray
Ice Dragon Teeth
Second Wind

Grounding Rebuke
Good Timing

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As Mab finishes off the Voidwalker, energy explodes out, collapsing the last three stormrifts and bringing forth a demonling from each...

GM: Replace all the rifts with Demonlings once Mab kills the Voidwalker.

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

OOC: Thought someone else took out the Voidbringer last turn, eh... :) Death save!

OOC: Devinihm might have, but I didn't quite understand all the mechanics. Fire Hawk comes with an attached Opportunity Attack against the target if it does anything that can provoke an OA. I assumed the voidwalker's physical separation negated that for other instances of it, but if I read IronSky's reply, that wasn't the case. I think the voidwalker moving would have drawn the OA, but since the voidwalker's attack on Devinihm missed and it's dead now anyway, I figure it doesn't seem worth the effort of trying to retcon just to wind up with essentially the same result. :)

Devinihm erupts once again into a swarm, and with Illarion's handy distraction, descends to devour the demonling which had so recently assaulted him. Swirling hungrily, the mass of insects moves to try to block the demonlings near the portal from reaching Mab.

[sblock=actions]Minor: Wildshape to swarm (forego shift), DR4, CA from melee damage 1/round (Stinging Swarm)

Standard: Savage Rend vs. Demonling 7

Savage Rend vs. Demonling 7 Reflex (1d20+9=18)

Move: to I14[/sblock]

[sblock=resources used]Action Point, Wrath of the Destroyer, Summon Giant Toad, Call Forth the Spirit Pack
Healing surges remaining: 4/11[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Final Chamber, Round 9

Earth runs around the void rift, smashing a demonling and threatening the other nearby.

[sblock=Earth's actions]Move: Move to P15.
Standard: Charge to L14, MBA: 1d20+12+1(Charge)=29 AC vs Demonling, hit, dead.
Free: Mark Demonling.
Minor: -[/sblock]

Suddenly, there's demonlings everywhere, attacking Earth, Mab, and Devinihm while one of them picks up a discarded relic...

[sblock=Red Spheres]The red spheres are definitely keeping the void intact while the relics seem to be keeping the void from opening more. You can disable a sphere by getting adjacent to it and making a DC 20 Arcana check. If you fail the check, however, you'll take damage equal to the amount you failed it by.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Voidwalker: Final Stormrift(when killed): All Stormrifts close and Demonlings appear.

Demonling 14: Unnatural Leap: Jump to M15. Claws: 21 AC vs Earth, miss.
Demonling 15: Claws: 10 AC vs Earth, miss. Unnatural Leap: Jump to G14. Pick up relic.
Demonling 16: Unnatural Leap: Jump to H8. Claws: 19 AC vs Devinihm, hit, 5 damage reduced to 1.
Demonling 17: Move, Unnatural Leap: Jump to H9 and make MBA. Claws: 15 AC vs Devinihm, miss.
Demonling 18: Charge to F11. Claws(+1 charge): 24 AC vs Mab, hit, 5 damage.

Abyssal Void: Demonling 19 appears adjacent.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: L14, 2 THP, 34 damage taken
Mab: E10, 32 damage taken, bloodied, 1 death save failed
Raijin: N3(on landing 6 squares up), 42 damage taken, bloodied, dying, unconscious, prone, 1 death save failed
Illarion: E7, 10 damage taken
Devinihm: G9, 30 damage taken, bloodied, DR4

Silver Demons destroyed: 1

Voidwalkers destroyed: 1

Hunter Demonling 14: M15
Hunter Demonling 15: G14, marked(Earth), slowed(relic)
Hunter Demonling 16: H8
Hunter Demonling 17: H9
Hunter Demonling 18: F11
Hunter Demonling 19: M8
Hunter Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 13

Red Spheres: V10(on landing 4 squares up), N18(on landing 2 squares up)
Red Spheres disabled: 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain, Lighting, and Features]*The room is bright thanks to Mab's sunrod, except within 2 squares of the void(J7-Q14).

*Chains: The chains run up to their appropriate landings, with a DC 20 Acrobatics check and a Run Action, you may run up them to the appropriate landing(if you have enough movement). If the check fails, you fall off half-way up, taking appropriate falling damage. Alternately, they may be climbed with DC15 Athletics checks.

*The red spheres are all 1 square above ground level for whichever level they are at and provide dim 5 light. You may pass under them.

*Each platform of the stairs is 10' higher than the last (first one is 10', next is 20', last is 30'). The walls are smooth stone, DC 25 to climb.

*D6, D10, D11, and D14 are the bases of the arches and are treated as walls.

*The dark swirling void area is... icky. You're pretty sure you don't want to go in there.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Final Round 9.jpg
    Final Round 9.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 114

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases