• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

jbear

First Post
"These blob devils he has called ... are they resistant to fire also Fantalass?"

Spirit's trembling hand lets loose his arrow at the closest blob but it flies wide in his panic to move back from the front line near the side of the road covering one of Crystin's flanks. He stretches out his hand towards the blazing trees and beckons the fire towards him.

In a swirl of flame a circle of fire surrrounds his body protectively.

[sblock=Actions] Relic fires a Point Blank shot at the Blob devil in I10. He moves back to square A11. As a swift action he draws the flames from the forest around him to create a Fire Shield (Flame Supremacy feature). [/sblock]

OOC: Damn ... I wonder if someone tallied all the unmodified dice rolls from the Dice Roller what the average number would be.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"I said 'resistant' to no silver... or 'good' weapons, not 'immune'."

[sblock=OOC]

check below to identify / know weaknesses of the lemures.

---

Fantalass
AC 12 (T11, FF10), HP 12/12, F +1,R+2,W+4

Acid Dart: 7/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)
Magic Missle Wand: 20/50 (1d4+1)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message, Ray of Frost
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount
2: Stone Call - Invisibility, Resist Energy

Effects:

Caty: AC 16 (T14, FF14), HP 6/6, F +2,R+2,W+4 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Odds are good on that, Spirit. Don't bother hitting them with flames," Barrik grunts out before drawing a symbol in mid-air and intoning a few words. A golden beam of sunlight pierces through the burning canopy in a line just in front of Barrik. It coalesces into a gleaming shield before fading from sight.

Gulujak's neck bunches up as he steps forward and spits on the ground in front of the summoned devils. With a snarl, his head shoots forward from his shoulders at one of the ashy blob-creatures!
The strange wolf is also prepared to lash out at any fiends trying to pass him.

[sblock=OOC]
Barrik stands his ground and casts Shield (+4 AC, 30 rounds). Gulujak takes 5-ft step forward to G7 and attacks the Lemure at I6 (10-ft. reach for his bite - he should take Combat Reflexes eventually).

Barrik AC 20 (16 normal) HP 26/26
Summons: 0/4 used
1-level spells: 1/4 used

Gulujak AC 19 HP 24/24
10-ft reach, +5 bite for 1d6+3 damage and Trip +5 (for AoOs).
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The dwarf curses in dwarven at hearing of her enemies' strengths. She drops the axe and draws forth the warhammer hold it high as she calls to her goddess, "Gracenyes, I call upon your favor!" The weapon glows silver for a moment. Lowering the weapon she readies to face her foes by stepping forward.

((Drop weapon - free, draw weapon- move, cast divine favor on warhammer +1 - standard, 5-foot step to E-11 - miscellaneous action ))

[sblock=Marda's Status]Dwarven Cleric 2/Fighter 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +8
Conditions: Stand the heat (potion), bless, divine favor (10 rounds)
AC: 21 (11 touch; 20 flat-footed)
HP: 24 of 24
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Ref: +1 Will: +5
In Hand: Warhammer +1 & Shield (+8 Attack / 1d8+5)
Spells: (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize; (1st level) Stand the Heat, Bless, Command, Divine Favor(d) (color notes cast)
Channel Energy 5 of 5 uses remaining; Inspiring Word: 4 of 5 uses remaining; Touch of Glory: 5 of 5 uses remaining[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Wait WD two 20's in what two days??? LOL Will allow Fantalass to know all there is to know about Lemures they are the bottom of the food chain and most common devils so the DC is like 6 I think. Also I need your actions for the round if you have a minute. Will update TUE morning (my time) to give you time to post up something.

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"You mean the lemures, the least of devil-kind? Same resistances and immunities. They are also mindless."
Fantalass quickly answers before casting a spell on himself. Stones rain from the sky, but do little to the devils but hinder their movement.

[sblock=OOC]

cast stone call to hit all lemures. (low damage roll :(, all soaked by DR. Terrain is difficult for CL/rounds).
put bow away

---

Fantalass
AC 12 (T11, FF10), HP 12/12, F +1,R+2,W+4

Acid Dart: 7/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)
Magic Missle Wand: 20/50 (1d4+1)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message, Ray of Frost
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount
2: Stone Call - Invisibility, Resist Energy

Effects:

Caty: AC 16 (T14, FF14), HP 6/6, F +2,R+2,W+4 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Cyrstin moves up behind Aaron quickly. "I can help. Here!" she says laying a hand on the warrior and mumbling a word of magic. "Now they can't touch you."

OOC: playing her green and casting protection evil on Aaron not the best choice but she needs to learn.

[sblock=Status]
Lemure1 5/14HP

Cyrstin Spells:
(x),(-),(-),(-), - bonded item[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 1:
Aaron - cast spell, move
Torrent - cast spell, draw weapon
Kazyk - summon lemures
Lemures - double move
Spirit - fire bow, use special ability, moves
Cyrstin - casts spell, moves
Marda - cast spell, draw weapon, move
Barrik - cast spell
Gulujak - attack hit (dmg 9)
Fantalass - cast spell, stow weapon[/sblock]
[sblock=Notes]
Looks like Spirit and Gulujak didn't add in their bless bonuses. Just a reminder Bless is in effect. :)

It is top of the 2nd so FTF then Torrent and the bad guys, Torent is going to apply her silversheen and the lemures are going to move Drawing AoO's. If you have time DW and Songdragon please roll up your AoO's and I will apply them might help me as I can note how the lemures move and whether you hit or not. Instead of moving them rolling then having to adjust should you take out a creature before it gets to attack and what not.

FtF you can also add in an AoO but I would do one for now. As you might just need the others for your feat as "Kill the girl" means Cyrstin. :devil:

Man that stone call radius is freakin' huge.:p Grey dots equal difficult terrain.

jbear please put up a status block. Mainly to keep track of spells and powers used - i.e. Fire jet (which I believe will also be empowered in the fire forest). But mainly to keep track of arrows (I think you are at 48/50) part of the thing about this module is supplies and how the party copes later when things start to run out.

Thanks everyone.

Update complete.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Infernal Harrier rd2.jpg
    Infernal Harrier rd2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 63

jbear

First Post
Seeing Crystin run to the front and expose herself to danger, Spirit's eyes widen like plates. His mouth drops to say something but his surprise and sudden fear are such that all that he manages to issue is a gurgling "Errrghk..."

[sblock=Spirit's Status]
Elven Rogue 2/Wizard 1
INIT: +3 Perception: +12
Conditions: Stand the heat (potion), bless, Flame Shield
AC: 15 (Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 12)
HP: 20/20
BAB: +1 CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +3
Speed: 30 ft
Energy Resistance: fire 5
Spell Failure: 10%
In Hand: Longbow with +1 Arrows (+6 Attack (Bless); 1d8+1 dmg);With Point Blank Shot (+7 Atk; 1d8+2 dmg)
Arrows: 48/50
Spells: (0-level) Resistance, Detect Magic, Daze; (1st level) Gravity Bow, Mage Armour, Burning Hands
Flame Jet: 6 of 6 uses remaining
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] I had figured he meant Crystin. For some reason I would expect them to say 'Kill the Dwarf' if they were after Marda, or at least 'Kill the woman', and I totally keep forgetting Torrent is a woman ... hehehe. Spirit should have said something to warn Crystin to stay back, dang! Bless bonus was included in my arrow shot, but alas with a 3 on the dice ... to no avail! Re: Flame Jet, powered up or not, I'm unlikely to have much use for any of my fire attacks against devils who are immune or other creatures that live in a Forest of Fire. I'll make sure I keep my status staked to my post from here on out, sorry about that. [/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
As the first lemure attempts to move past Marda she does not hesitate to strike it with the magical warhammer, "Back to hell with you!"

((AoO 1d20+8=11 to hit for 1d8+5=6 if that crappy attack connects. :hmm: Must be a hint... stop using the freaking warhammer! ))

[sblock=Marda's Status]Dwarven Cleric 2/Fighter 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +8
Conditions: Stand the heat (potion), bless, divine favor (10 rounds)
AC: 21 (11 touch; 20 flat-footed)
HP: 24 of 24
CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +5 Ref: +1 Will: +5
In Hand: Warhammer +1 & Shield (+8 Attack / 1d8+5)
Spells: (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize; (1st level) Stand the Heat, Bless, Command, Divine Favor (color notes cast)
Channel Energy 5 of 5 uses remaining; Inspiring Word: 4 of 5 uses remaining; Touch of Glory: 5 of 5 uses remaining[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Both Barrik and Gulujak lash out at the lemures as they try to get around the group and attack Cyrstin.

[sblock=OOC]
Lemure 1 should have to spend a Move Action to stand from Prone (since Gulujak most certainly nailed his Trip attempt). Gulujak will use his AoO on Lemure 2, while Barrik will AoO Lemure 1.

Barrik AC 20 (16 normal) HP 26/26
Summons: 0/4 used
1-level spells: 1/4 used

Gulujak AC 19 HP 24/24
10-ft reach, +5 bite for 1d6+3 damage and Trip +5 (for AoOs).
[/sblock]

Remove ads