The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

Songdragon

Explorer
The dwarf is taken aback, shielding her eyes and not looking back at the two bodies. Once she has regained some composure she comments, "Whatever preserves the bodies, is a magical power of some great significance." She points, "There are other items of magical power there and..." She looks to Spirit after pointing them out, "These are your Kin, I will let you descide best to handle the items and if they should be used."

"Perhaps he completed his task and returned?" Marda asks.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: Just rolling the knowledge check here. Proper post after getting the results.
Not using Detect Magic after seeing the effect on Marda.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=WD] The two elves are in some form of stasis spell. Either it was a caster of ultimate power (LvL 20) or that of a godly being. Their is no way for the group to dispel it or move the elves from the shrine.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"We will not be able to help them right now. It is a very powerful stasis spell that froze them. If whoever done this come back, we don't stand a change." Fantalass says after carefully observing the scene..

[sblock=OOC]

active spell: Mage Armor

---

Fantalass
AC 13 (T12, FF10), HP 17/17, F +1,R+3,W+5

Acid Dart: 7/8 (+5, 1d6+3) (includes Point Blank bonus)
Magic Missle Wand: 18/50 (1d4+1)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message, Ray of Frost
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Open Slot, Protection from Evil
2: Stone Call - Resist Energy, Pyrotechnics, Open Slot

Effects:

Caty: AC 16 (T14, FF14), HP 8/8, F +2,R+4,W+5 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"This one still lives. We can't touch him. It's like a cacoon surrounds his body beneath the flames. Why did this Bhurisrava want to take the despairing to the mouth of the river? This is all the doing of this Indomitability creature, isn't it? I want him from my head. Maybe there is something to pry him loose at the mouth of the white river. Maybe there are more answers there. We should leave before the ghasts above return to unlife."

Spirit gets to his feet and motions to leave.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Piecing the puzzle together...

Torrent looks about and wonders. "So the case held something and was broken into. The soldier looks like he is one of those despairing that Bhurisrava wished to save. And if this is Bhurisrava he was attacked before taking this elf to the mouth of the river."

"You think the thief and the attacker are the same person?" She looks to Fantalass and Marda and wonders. "I'm not sure that whoever put them like this is the same person that attacked them. Why kill them and then preserve them to be saved later. It must be some other force but what I don't know... Indomability maybe. That thing sure has power, look what it granted us."

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Might be Indomitability. Might be this place. Might be something or even someone else entirely. In any case, I don't think the answer will be helpful to us, right this very moment."

The half-orc stands and stretches. "But Spirit's got a point - we should check the mouth of the river. There's got to be a reason this Bhurisrava was taking people there. Unless he just went mad," Barrik finishes with a disgusted snort.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron kneels to see if the weapon is under the same effect as the two bodies. If not, he picks it up and examines it. "Might be a good thing to take this, just in case. No telling when a magical weapon can come in handy."

Songdragon

Explorer
((Just b/c Knowledge (Religion) 1d20+7=27 ))

(( Also, what are the other items that are magical? ))

"I agree, we will likely need to go see what is at the mouth of this river... and soon." Marda looks to Aaron, "What else is here that is perhaps of use," she looks to up as if look to the god, "That we might have the permission to use..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Just b/c you rolled a 20]Marda did get a little insight from her detect magic even though it mostly gave her a migraine. She felt the power of Gracenys somehow involved and after remembering that Bhurisrava wished to change religions maybe he cried out to her before he died for protection. It would be well in her power to keep these elves alive until the time came for them to once more serve in their own way.[/sblock]

OCC: Mace is only thing of value down here as it is not "on the bodies" it fell from the elven cleric's grasp. It is magical - Identify check DC 24.

Remove ads