D&D 4E The Intelligent Fighter , Thibault's Circle / La Destreza.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
My wife’s idea was to simply extend the fighter’s reach with rapiers and similar weapons with the fighting style, and then use a feat to allow OAs when the enemy moves while threatened by you, and give an AC bonus.

Or, make it a +1 AC and +1 to attack when wielding a one handed weapon and nothing else (including no shield), and put the rest in a feat.

Me I think there’s something there.

hmmmm maybe the Brawlers fighting style is my current starting point... the feat I was looking at was ahem... well sigh forgive me and we can make it a static bonus
ThibaultsExpertise.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I think Thibaults is meant to be used with an off-hand dagger too so I have been not totally enforcing the offhand being free for all of the possible things.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The Expertise feat (So not happy calling it that) ... Thibaults Mastery perhaps ;)

This all would end up the goto for Fighter-Mage multi-classes and hybrids.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I think Thibaults is meant to be used with an off-hand dagger too so I have been not totally enforcing the offhand being free for all of the possible things.

It can be used with a dagger, but wasn’t always.

The problem with allowing an offhand weapon in a fighting style for it is that it then has less room. I think instead the Adept of The Mysterious Circle feat should be a good pick for dual wielders, single one handed weapon users, and dueling fighting style uses.

Idk, I also think the game needs to support just using a single weapon with a free hand.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
ThibaultsMastery.pngBalancingGuard.png

The mastery is still built as an Expertise

I am thinking i might indeed use Rapiers but currently its still 1 handed weapon group

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Instead of Brawlers Style we have Duelists Style without the unarmed attack elements but I am thinking the balance recovery would be good (ie recover from prone as a minor action)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I didn't realize this one was going to turn out as satisfying as it has to be honest

I will probably pickup and restart my thoughts on new powers for rangers with an animal companion
powers I will probably make a new thread of too.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It can be used with a dagger, but wasn’t always.

The problem with allowing an offhand weapon in a fighting style for it is that it then has less room. I think instead the Adept of The Mysterious Circle feat should be a good pick for dual wielders, single one handed weapon users, and dueling fighting style uses.

Idk, I also think the game needs to support just using a single weapon with a free hand.

kind of like the Adept of the Mysterious Circle ... sounds almost Paragon Path

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Emere, level 11
Genasi, Fighter, Adept of the Mysterious Circle
Build: Duelist Fighter
Fighter: Combat Acuity
Fighter Talents: Duelist Style
Elemental Manifestation: Stormsoul
Background: Wandering Duelist (Wandering Duelist Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 21, Con 12, Dex 14, Int 17, Wis 9, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 12, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 15.

AC: 26 Fort: 27 Reflex: 21 Will: 23
HP: 87 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
History +14, Athletics +16, Intimidate +17, Heal +10, Endurance +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Arcana +8, Bluff +8, Dungeoneering +4, Insight +4, Diplomacy+8, Nature +6, Perception +4, Religion +8, Stealth +7, Streetwise +8, Thievery +7

FEATS
Level 1: Nimble Defender
Level 2: Predictive Superiority
Level 4: Thibault's Mastery
Level 6: Balancing Guard
Level 8: Extended Circle Control
Level 10: Disciple of Lore
Level 11: Superior Will

POWERS
Dark Sun: Body Equilibrium
Fighter at-will 1: Using one against the other
Fighter at-will 1: Surgical Strike
Fighter encounter 1: Dance of Overlapping Circles
Fighter daily 1: Seize and Stab
Fighter utility 2: Scrambling Climb
Fighter encounter 3: Parry and Riposte
Fighter daily 5: Rain of Steel
Fighter utility 6: Line Breaker
Fighter encounter 7: Come and Get It
Fighter daily 9: Murderous Assault
Fighter utility 10: Strength From Pain

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Rebounding Dagger +2, Torc of Justice, Inix Leather Armor of Resistance +3, Thundergod Rapier +3
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases