• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
moritheil said:
[sblock]I appreciate your being open-minded about it. Reach weapons specify that they increase a character's reach. The sword, on the other hand, is not a reach weapon. Also, if we are to judge by the size of the sword itself, a sword sized for a Huge creature is (using the "two sizes smaller" rule of thumb) itself a Medium object . . . in this case, yes, you are wielding it, but I can't help but think of the parallels to a Medium animated object.[/sblock]
That's cool chief, as long Zaestilan has a chance to create slaughter and mayhem I'm a happy chappie.

Dichotomy

Explorer
I'm not meaning to complain, but I'd appreciate some clarification.

I'd indicated that
myself in the IC thread said:
Rose attempts to strike those actively casting spells first. However, he also uses his full movement to pass by all of the kobolds, hoping that they attack him and allow the use of Karmic Strike. He attempts to end his movement threatening one of them, and hopefully in a potential flanking position.
I'd intended that that indicate that if someone was in the process of casting a spell (such as a spell with a casting time of 1 round) that Rose attempt to strike that person first. I'm wondering if either Rose couldn't tell that the summoner was casting a spell, or if my intent was unclear. If the problem was lack of clarity on my part, I'll attempt to do better somehow.

I'd also intended that my movement end such that I would be threatening one of the spellcasters (I didn't particularly care which one). I believe that, no matter which of them I was next to, I would have gotten an AoO, unless there was something unstated in the post.

The real reason I bring this up is because I know that my posts for Rose's actions tend to be rather complex. Part of that is because I'm just uncertain where everyone is, how far Rose has to move to get to people, etc. The other reason is because, as he can full attack while moving, there is just a lot tactically that he can do. Given that complexity, I wanted to make sure that, if I'm failing to be adequately clear, I could remedy it.

moritheil

First Post
Dichotomy said:
I'm not meaning to complain, but I'd appreciate some clarification.

I'd indicated that
I'd intended that that indicate that if someone was in the process of casting a spell (such as a spell with a casting time of 1 round) that Rose attempt to strike that person first. I'm wondering if either Rose couldn't tell that the summoner was casting a spell, or if my intent was unclear. If the problem was lack of clarity on my part, I'll attempt to do better somehow.

I'd also intended that my movement end such that I would be threatening one of the spellcasters (I didn't particularly care which one). I believe that, no matter which of them I was next to, I would have gotten an AoO, unless there was something unstated in the post.

The real reason I bring this up is because I know that my posts for Rose's actions tend to be rather complex. Part of that is because I'm just uncertain where everyone is, how far Rose has to move to get to people, etc. The other reason is because, as he can full attack while moving, there is just a lot tactically that he can do. Given that complexity, I wanted to make sure that, if I'm failing to be adequately clear, I could remedy it.

All of them are active spellcasters . . . maybe I didn't understand your post correctly? They're all casting spells, except for the one that got possessed. The summoner was all the way in the back, and I assumed that since Rose was just interested in cutting down casters ASAP, he'd choose convenient targets.

EDIT: Oh, ongoing spellcasting. Next time please give me a Spellcraft check so it's clear what you intend to do. Thanks! FWIW, I'm not sure that Rose could have gotten to the summoner since all those mirror images were in the way . . .

All this casting going on is defensive, so I'm not sure why you get an AOO. None of the casters are taking AOOs on you even if you move past them.

I appreciate your bringing up these concerns, so that I know that there might be something wrong. :)

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Actually, come to think of it, I don't believe that any of the spellcasters in that fight are armed. :uhoh:

In other news, Shayuri, I went back and figured out why nobody got any of Loriel's gear:

The final kobold, still clinging to Snargle, raises a golden globe aloft. "Vengeance for Kipyip!" it cries in a mewling tone, and hurls the ball at where its comrades once were. The resulting fiery blast renders much of the fallen gear unusable. Armor is melted, halberds are charred, and a few flasks boil and shatter. The fireball goes off near Kelteror, but does not hit him.

Yeah.

Steve_Gorak:

[sblock]I think you take 7 damage, not 10 as you posted. Let me know if I'm doing the math wrong or if you are. :D

Also, is there some reason IC shows you as rolling multiple times?[/sblock]

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
We seem to have lost our party diviner, as he hasn't taken place in this most current combat. If he doesn't come back, would you all prefer that I call for another alt? Perhaps toptomcat's warforged monk will put in an appearance after the fight.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
moritheil said:
Steve_Gorak:
[sblock]I think you take 7 damage, not 10 as you posted. Let me know if I'm doing the math wrong or if you are. :D
Also, is there some reason IC shows you as rolling multiple times?[/sblock]

[sblock=moritheil]
OK for the 7 damage.

For IC, yeah, I tend to go back and add dice to my rolls (i.e. for an extra attack, init, saves, etc.). I'll plan things better next time (you'll notice that I always take the results of the rolls with the most dices...)

For your last question on the IC thread, you're right, Kelteror only gets 1 attack from charging.

Cheers!

SG[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
I'm going to be out of town from now until Saturday night. I have to attend a funeral. Please NPC Rose as you see fit. I particularly apologize for not getting a post up for the next round, but mostly Rose is just trying to kill the (other) bad people.

moritheil

First Post
Dichotomy said:
I'm going to be out of town from now until Saturday night. I have to attend a funeral. Please NPC Rose as you see fit. I particularly apologize for not getting a post up for the next round, but mostly Rose is just trying to kill the (other) bad people.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads