• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Kobold's Captive (ozymandias79 judging)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
As you move down into the dark slimy cave there are a series of twists in the beginning.

As you near the next twist Vixo is the first to notice anything, the first he notices is the smell. The smell is just a general smell of filth, definitely not a smell of kobolds.

Then ahead Vixo and Hadrak hear voices, speaking in Goblin.

JRYoung

First Post
"That's not draconic... Doesn't kobold speak draconic?" whispers Trevor to Vixo.

"Yesss, they do" hisses Skalisss quietly as he draws his sword slowly and presses himself against the side of the passage. "I don't expect a warm welcome from them, ssso be ready."

SeaPainter

First Post
Cross's lips part revealing his pointed teeth, but whether he's gritting them or grinning is difficult to determine. "Always ready..." he hisses under his breath.

Brain

First Post
Vixo whispers "Yes, I hear goblins. Approach confidently."

Vixo urges Skalisss and Trevor forward, following them closely.

Moon_Goddess

[sblock="OOC"]Having a bit of trouble with the map right now,

In the meantime, what's the marching order? is cross with the light going around the corner? do you want to be seen? do you want to see them before you get seen?

[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss proceeds forward, Trevor at his right, chin high and chest puffed out. "Let'sss sssee if they want to talk firssst".

OOC: I propose Vixo behind Skalisss, Hadrak behind Trevor, Cross behind Hadrak (because Skalisss is really tall). I can't remember, can we fit two across?

SeaPainter

First Post
Skalisss proceeds forward, Trevor at his right, chin high and chest puffed out. "Let'sss sssee if they want to talk firssst".

OOC: I propose Vixo behind Skalisss, Hadrak behind Trevor, Cross behind Hadrak (because Skalisss is really tall). I can't remember, can we fit two across?

OOC: The proposed marching order sounds good to me... and if the party wants the light out, then it'll go out.

Velmont

First Post
Trevor, his sword in hand. "No problem, you cannot lose a fight that never happen. But if they are goblins, do you think they are related to that case?"

Moon_Goddess

Your group confidently steps around the corner catching the goblins unaware.

They are sharpening weapons and chatting in Goblin when they see you come around the corner suddenly.

They jerk to a start and shout.

[sblock="OOC"]
There are five goblins in the room before you, K4-K8 is a half wall granting cover.

You have surprise, one standard action to either fight or talk your way before we roll init. (Go ahead and give me your init now just in case save time).

[/sblock]

Attachments

• KC_g1_r1_1.jpg
    KC_g1_r1_1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads