• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Kobold's Captive (ozymandias79 judging)

Brain

First Post
"I like to do my thinking in the dark. I'll take the middle watch." says Vixo in his strange, high-pitched voice.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
As you all bed down you feel a chill in the air, the fire doesn't seem to bur as bright as it should, and beyond the light of your fire, darkness.

The weather had been clear today, yet as the night falls, there is no moon, and the stars do not shine.

Skalisss' watch goes by uneventful although he at times thinks he sees a shadow move.

Vixo's alert kobold eyes watch something move at the very edge of his vision. As the night goes on, it seems to coalesces into several forms made of pure shadow, the temperature drops and the rest of the group all awaken at the same time with a feeling of being threatened.

Brain

First Post
Vixo cries out, "the shadows are attacking! I hope someone brought a sunrod!"

[sblock=ooc]this is my last post before I leave for the weekend. please NPC Vixo (or JRYoung can choose his actions). I should be back Tuesday at the latest.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-"Huh... wha?" Hadrak mumbles as he rouses from his sleep. He fumbles through his pack for a sunrod and hits it against the palm of his left hand to lit it.

Velmont

First Post
As Trevor is awaken by the sound of his friend, he tries to draw his sword as quick as possible and stand up on his feet. "Where?"

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss awakens, struggles to his feet, and attempts to equip his shield. If he survives that long he draws steel and appraises the situation, looking for enemies. "Gather clossse, together we have a chance to sssurvive" he says to the team.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:21, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 7, Surges left 11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Piercing Smite
Paladin's Judgement
Dragon Breath
Lay on Hands x2
Divine Challenge

Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength

Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
As you rush to your feet and grab your equipment the shadows form into more visible forms.

Four of the shadows (S1-S4) are wispy dark spots hanging in the air, One (S5) has a more solid form than the rest looking like a dark humanoid creature. The remaining shadows (S6, S7, and S8) are vaguely human in shape but made of little more than darkness, the largest (S8) is the size of a large bear.

They watch you for a split second then the large one roars and they begin to move forward.

[sblock="ooc"]

You all have enough time to get your gear, I don't like doing that to people, then it's time to roll Inititive...

Fixed the map to accound for the Sunrod Crazy bright.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• KC_s_r1.jpg
    KC_s_r1.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock]I'm not sure how you run your fight...

At any rate...

initiative (1d20+1=8)

Do we go first and post our actions or what?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Hadrak - Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:11, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Healing Word
Healing Word