• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Kobold's Captive (ozymandias79 judging)

SeaPainter

First Post
Cross rises from his bedroll... gathers his hat & staff, placing one firmly on his head and holding the other out toward the campsite's interlopers.

"There is no fear of the darkness, for those who wield the LIGHT!", he challenges the shadows... as his silver eyes begin to glow red, matching the glowing runes on his charred, oaken staff...

[sblock=OOC]BTW... that map is awsome. How'd you do that?[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]Yes sorry, Go ahead and post actions and I'll get them all in order.

SeaPainter, you didn't roll Init. I made the map using Maptool RPTools - Home It's great. [/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=Init]1d20+1=19, Roll Lookup [/sblock]Cross sprints from his bedroll, toward the edge of the firelight. A fist-sized, oblong stone catches his eye, and he bends to scoop it up as he's moving.
Once his feet are planted, he moves his staff in a wide circle, which ends pointed at the most substantial of the invading shades. The smell of brimstone increases, and the glow of the staff's glyphs flare. His lips draw back, revealing the sharp points of his teeth in a menacing grin.
He brings the base of the staff down to strike the earth... with a declaration of "Incendio!", a burning red column of fire bears down on his target...

[sblock=Actions]Move: I6 to J11
Minor: pick up a "fist-sized" rock
Std: Scorching Burst vs. S5 (hit: 1d20+5=22 Roll Lookup/dam: 1d6+5=10 Roll Lookup) [/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

[sblock="OOC"] A friendly judge was kind enough to point out I messed up the lighting, the map has been fixed.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-"Well, this is rather annoying. Let's do this quickly so that we can go back to sleep"

Hadrak steps boldly forward and calls divine light to smite the shadowy figures.

[sblock]
Move action: Move 4 square to G13 (In range 5 of S5 at B18)
Standard action : Lance of Faith on S5
Minor Action : Religion check

S5; vs Reflex (1d20+5=14, 1d8+6=10) 10 radiant damage

If this is a hit, I grant +2 to hit to Vixo on his next attack roll.

Also, if these are undead/shadows, they probably have a vulnearbility to Radiant damage to take into account.

Monster Knowledge check (1d20+5=11) Nope, never seen these!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Trevor moves in position (K11) and get ready to be swarmed. (Ready action: charge the first creature that move near [2 squares away or less] of anyone in the party, except Skaliss, who can handle himself).

[sblock=OOC]Initiative: 1d20+0=8[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Trevor Stewart - Male Human Figther 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value: 7, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Cleave
Sure Strike
Tide of Iron

Thunder Wave
Passing Attack

Comeback Strike
Frost Longsword

[/sblock]

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Init (1d20=11)

Skalisss stands firm "We are better off holding our ground, ssstaying near the light, and letting them come to usss" he remarks to the others.

Move Action: Skalisss moves to H10.

Standard Action: Readies to attack the first enemy to come adjacent to him.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:21, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 7, Surges left 11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Piercing Smite
Paladin's Judgement
Dragon Breath
Lay on Hands x2
Divine Challenge

Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength

Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post

Moon_Goddess

One of the vague shadow forms (S6) tears off a bit of it's own arm and throws it at Vixo which he easily dodges, but the shadow stuff draws light and heat into it, (Miss, Vixo takes 2 cold damage). It then moves forward (F19). It's arm regrows with a hissing sound.

Cross moves into position and drops a torrent of flame upon the solid dark one (S5) it lets out a horrible his of pain.

The large shadow (S8)roars again and moves in closer hovering slightly above the ground without touching.

The little shapeless shadow motes move in closer flying a few feet above the ground.

Vixo hurls his dagger at the solid looking form (S5), and hits. (S5 is bloodied) He then steps back awaiting Skalisss arrival.

Another of the shapes (S7) launches itself into the air taking on a shapeless form, flying at Trevor slamming into him a brutal hit. When it reforms it take on a bestial shape.(Critical hit, 8 damage)

The last to move the solid one (S5) moves forward then charges Cross who had burned him, striking with a chilly claw. (7 damage and 3 cold)

[sblock="OOC for all"]

Init:
S6 20
Cross 19
S8 18
S1 17
S2 17
S3 17
S4 17
Vixo 13
S7 12
S5 12
Skalisss 11
Trevor 8
Hadrak 8

I need alternate actions from Skalisss and Trevor, before I resolve Hadrak and progress to the next turn.

No, Hadrak your not sure what these are. Your still unsure if the radiant did any extra damage. Hadrak would you still like to move? or take a different move action?[/sblock]

Attachments

• KC_s_r1-2.jpg
    KC_s_r1-2.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I had originally picked up the rock to cast light on it, and throw it out into the darkness... however, since the sunrod threw out as much light as it did, I probably wouldn't have felt the need to do that.

Can we just forget that I ever picked up a rock?[/sblock]

Remove ads