The Kolloseaum: Team Gil's Conscience (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
If needed I have a move action to make my turn work. Go ahead and use it as needed IronSky, just keep me adjacent to the big burrower so I can keep him divine challenged.

AC bonus works for all within the spell area, so yes, Artemis is in his original location and Ootah is slid.

And, as far as I remember, TENT effects mean that they end after MONSTER's turn (that is, they affect the monsters once) - since the effect ends at the end of the Cyr's next turn, PCs should be protected until he acts next. Since PbP means we don't have set init order and to avoid using this twice it ends after it's main effect (protection from monsters end)-

We should really ask [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] about his intent on this.

Also, as written, I believe monsters are in new locations (and, knowing neurotic, he's sleeping and won't confirm before tomorrow morning)

Darksteed

First Post
*Watching the chaos whirl all around him and the rest of his new comrades in arms. He pauses a moment to simply contemplate the next best course of action to take. Then he takes off like a flash. Darting around the outskirts of the battlefield. Then plunging into the thick of it. Raising his blade as rushes in he skewers the burrower spawn in the soft underbelly. He bellows out in pain, letting all those close at hand whom to be focusing upon next. Kauldron grins behind his masked helm.*

Come, and get it yee big uglies.

[sblock=Action]Start of Turn: Take Ongoing 5 FIRE reduced to 2 (Superior Fortitude: Resist 3 Ongoing damage)

Move: Move to O25 (Via M27 -> N27 -> O27 -> P26 -> O25)

Standard: Valorous Smite.
-Target: Burrower Spawn 4 (N24)
-Attack: +14 vs. AC (Hit; 31)
-Damage: 2d8+8 damage. (19 damage)
-On a Hit: Each enemy within 3 squares of Kauldron is subject to his divine sanction until the end of his next turn. (Burrower Spawn 2/Burrower Spawn 4/Burrower)
-Divine Sanction: Creatures are Marked taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls if they target another character other then Kauldron. As well as take 7 RADIANT damage if they target another character other then Kauldron.

End of Turn: Save vs. Ongoing FIRE (Success; 20)[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 6
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC: 28, Fort: 19, Ref: 20, Will: 20
While not bloodied: +1 item bonus to AC.

Initiative: +5
Speed: 5

HP: 48/59, Temp HP: 3
Bloodied: 29, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 11/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Pure Devotion [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [X]
Student of the Sword [X]
Valorous Smite [X]

Hallowed Circle [ ]
Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Potion of Healing [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=hit points] Just clarifying Artemis hit points: end of turn 9 hp, +25 hp from Lerrick (awesome heal dimsdale!) = 34 hp then -9 hp from burrower spawn 3, -13 damage from burrower, and another -6 from burrower = 6 hp to start the turn (before heal) [/sblock]

Artemis is buffetted again by the burrowers attack. He is about to collapse from the blows and overwhelming heat when Brenwar's healing touch and reasssurance revives his energy. He gives the stalwart paladin a thankful nod.

"Stand fast, friends, we will overcome!"

Seeing the crippling blow landed by Kauldron, Artemis spins on his spot and slices the spawn worm with a blazing light born of the stars. The burrower spawn next to it is also buffetted by the blow.

[sblock=actions]
Pre-Turn: Heal 21hp from Brenwar (thanks Rapida!)
Start: Take 5 damage (ongoing)
Start: Take 5 damage (next to burrower)
Standard: Resplendent Blade vs. burrower spawn 4 (square N-24): 1d20+11+2, 1d10+12+2 → ([14, 11, 2], [3, 12, 2]) Roll Lookup Hit AC 27 for 15 damage. I think that kills it. The burrower spawn next to it (spawn 2 I think) takes 3 radiant damage.
Free: Dire Fate: Artemis gains +1 to attack rolls TENT
Movement: Shift to L-24
Save vs ongoing damage: 1d20 → [16] = (16) Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 4
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC 25 For: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 19
HP: 17/37 Bloodied: 18 Surge value: 9 Surges/day: 7/8
Speed: 5 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
Wield the Warp, Wield the Warp, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
Confusion of the Cosmos, Inspiring Word, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally

PC:Artemis Harks, Hexblade (FourMonos) - L4W Wiki

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match One: The Sandy Arena, Round 3

One of the worms burrows up leaps at Cyr with its hooked limbs, but the Invoker evades it. Kauldron isn't so lucky, one managing to clamp onto the goblin but not managing to bite through his tough armor.

The burrower itself dives into the sands despite, knocking Brenwar and Lerrick around as its it burrows. Its barbed, lashing tail is finally visible as its long, blazing body arcs through the sand. It swivels its head towards the goblin that provoked it but seems too rattled by Gil's enfeebling magic to do much else.

GM: @Neurotic , curse damage is also maximized on a crit.

@pathfinderq1 , Joy took 5 damage for entering the Burrower's aura.

@CaBaNa , your attacks vs Spawn 4 and Burrower took 5 extra psychic damage from inevitable defeat.

For convenience, we'll assume Brenwar went before Artemis was slid away so his Lay On Hands doesn't have to be retconned.

@FourMonos , Artemis had already been slid before his turn. Because of that, he took his 5 fire damage from moving to N24 through the aura to get to Spawn 4 instead of at the start of his turn.

Gave Artemis the 3 THP.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Burrower Spawn 1: Burrow up to I26, Stealth 32, Claw Hooks(+2 CA): 16 vs Cyr's AC 22, miss.
Burrower Spawn 4: Claw Hooks: 31 vs Kauldron's 28 AC, hit, 13 damage and Kaldron is grabbed. Burning Bite: 16 vs Kauldron's 28 AC, miss.

Burrower: Burrow Up: Burrow Down (close burst 1, -2 marked), take 7 radiant damage from Kauldron's Divine Challenge, 28 vs Brenwar's 18 Fort, hit, 11 vs Joy's 16 Fort, miss, Brenwar takes 11/2=5 reduced to 2 damage. Burrower midsection replaces head, Burrower tail replaces midsection, Stealth 23, Burrow Up (close burst 1, +2 CA): 20 vs Brenwar's 18 Fort, hit, 13 vs Ootah's 16 Fort, miss, 16 vs Kauldron's 18 Fort, miss, 17 vs Lerrick's 16 Fort, hit, Brewnar and Lerrick take 18(Brenwar's reduced to 15) damage and slide 2.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Ootah: L25, 37/46hp, prone, 5 fire damage if start turn adjacent to Burrower
Joy: O23, 35/46hp, Inevitable Defeat
Cyr: L27, 22/42hp
Gil: B24, 36/36hp
-Phantasmal Henchman: M19
-Twilight Falls: L21-N23
Kauldron: O25, 38/59hp, grabbed(Spawn 4), 5 fire damage if start turn adjacent to Burrower
Artemis: N24, 3+25/37hp, +5 AC
Martelai: L15, 5+15/54hp, concealment, insubstantial
-Shade: I10
Lerrick: P27, 13/47hp, 5 fire damage if start turn adjacent to Burrower
Brenwar
: N22, 22/65hp, DR3, +5 AC, 2x5 fire damage if start turn adjacent to Burrower

-Enemy-
Burrower Spawn 1
: L26, 12/57hp
Burrower Spawn 4: N25, 25/57hp, Divine Sanction(Kauldron), 5 fire damage if start turn adjacent to Burrower, Quarry(Ootah), Curse(Martelai)
Burrower Spawn: 57hp, AC 21, Fort 19, Ref 19, Wil 18. Resist 5 fire. MBA: +12 vs AC, 1d10+5 damage and the target is grabbed. Fire Sense(Immediate Reaction, when targeted by a fire attack): The Burrower Spawn may not be targeted by the attack. Burrower Surprise: The Burrower does +1d6 damage when it has CA.
Burrower Spawn killed: 2

Burrower: Head(M26-O28)-Mid(L20-M21)-Tail(O21), 196/285hp, Divine Sanction(Kauldron), Dazed, Curse(Martelai)
Burrower: 285hp, AC 23, Fort 25, Ref 20, Will 19. MBA: +13 vs AC, 3d6+5 fire and poison damage and 5 ongoing fire and poison damage(save ends), Miss: 1/2 damage and no ongoing. Burning Sands(Aura 1): The zone is difficult terrain and any creature that enters or starts its turn in the aura takes 5 fire damage. The damage from the auras stacks. Burrower Surprise: The burrower does +1d8 damage when it has CA. Half-burrowed: The burrower is immune to forced movement.

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Walls: The walls out of the arena are 30 feet tall sheer stone Athletics (Climb) DC 25 if you want to try to escape into the stands for some reason.
Pillars: The pillars in the center are the same DC and can provide cover.

Stairs: The stairs are all difficult terrain. The northern podium area is one square above the rest of the arena. [/sblock]

[sblock=Appease the Crowd]*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Religion:19
All: 17[/sblock]

Attachments

• SandArenaRound3.jpg
    SandArenaRound3.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Ootah flips and rolls to get away from the worm. The spectators are not impressed and boo him as he retreats behind one of the pillars.

[sblock=actions]
start of turn: Take 5 damage (aura)
Move action: Stand up
Standard->move: Move to I-20. Since the burrower is Dazed, it can't make OAs.
Minor: Appease the crowd using Acrobatics, fail, -2 to next d20 roll[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Ootah Half-Orc Ranger 5
Initiative: +7, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
Defenses: AC: 21, For: 16, Ref: 19, Will: 16
HP: 32/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge value: 11, Surges/day:4/8 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Giant
AP: 0
Powers:
Twin Strike, Clever Shot
Two Fanged Strike, Disruptive Strike, Invigorating Stride, Furious Assault, Surprise Strike
Skirmish Stance, Flying Steel[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Martelai rod flashes again as the burrower spawn dies. Again it explodes in cold looking motes, which fly into all spawn and back to the warlock. He moves forward, targeting the spawn which threatens the invoker, but fails to destroy it. It seems Caiphon is not happy that his power is used in this manner, to entertain lower life forms.

[sblock=Actions]
Free (Rod of Avernus): slide Spawn 4 to M25, Martelai gains +2 from his pact boon
Move: G21, gain concealment
Minor: Curse Spawn 1
Standard: Eldritch Blast vs Spawn 1 Ref; Damage; Curse (1d20+10+2=30, 1d10+5=6, 1d6=3) - I'm getting good rolls to hit, but minor damage :),
gain +1 AC & Ref from Rod Expertise
[/sblock]

[sblock=Martelai stats]
CURSED: Spawn 3, Burrower, Spawn 1, Spawn 2, Spawn 4
NOTE: +2 all defenses vs cursed enemies
AC: 20 Fort: 17 Reflex: 19 Will: 19
HP: 15/54 Surges: 8/9 Surge Value: 13+1

FEATS
Level 1: Sacrifice to Caiphon
Level 2: Improved Fate of the Void
Level 4: Superior Implement(Accurate Rod)
Level 5: Rod Experise
Level 6: Bloodied Boon

POWERS
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance

Knack for Success
Cursebite
Ethereal Stride
Delban's Deadly Attention
Mirror Darkly
Cast Fortune

Blackleaf Gloves Teleport

Decree of Khirad
Flames of the Smoking Crown

Elixir of Will
Armor of Dark Majesty (daily, minor): place your curse on any enemy you can see instead of only closest one
Talon Amulet (daily, minor): until the end of the encounter any creature that hits Martelai in melee takes 1d6 damage
Rod of Avernus: (daily, minor): until the end of the encounter any enemy that ends it's turn adjacent to Martelai takes 5 psychic damage

[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=Iron Sky][MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], you have two identical TErrain blocks in stats. Also, in enemy actions you have Spawn 2 and in Combatants Spawn 4 (in P25 which should be N25 I think)[/sblock]

The sound of Kauldron armor being hit amplifies until it is true promise of thunder somewhere in the distance.

Cyr smiles as his god marks the target.

Deva decides to target all of the remaining enemies. His cleched hand shines, rays of holy light escaping through. When he opens it, thin beam of holy light strikes all remaining opponents, killing the one closest to him and burning the rest.

He then tries to recall some useful info from Mireva's library and to spot any hidden burrowers, but between flashes of magic and his own blinding fist he doesn't manage either.

[sblock=Actions]
Immediate Reaction: On Kauldron being hit, Preserver's Rebuke, Cyr gets +3 to hit that enemy

Standard: Hand of Radiance vs Ref(Spawn 1; Spawn 4 or 2?; Burrower); radiant damage (1d20+12=25, 1d20+12+3=34, 1d20+12+2=27, 1d4+7=10)

Minor: Arcana check against Burrower (1d20+12=14) - fail

Minor: Perception, looking for more hidden monsters (1d20+14=20)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC:
I think you have my HP value from last round instead of this round in the combat stats.

GM: Gotta run, will try to check it out later tonight or sometime tomorrow when I have more time.

[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], fixed those errors, thanks for catching them!

Remove ads