The Kolloseaum: Team Gil's Conscience (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick moves to the north east corner of the platform and spots the scout below her. She closes her eyes briefly, the opens them abruptly. With eyes radiating silver light, she points to the foe below her. Saying nothing, the foe begins to glow in a silver light, which momentarily distracts the foe. She smiles at the result. My healing powers mostly depleted, but if someone can hit the one glowing in silver light down there...you can get some relief. Not much though. Sorry.

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: move to new location
action: astral shield 1d20+9 vs ref s1: Hit:

Until the end of Lerrick's next turn, the target (s1) takes a -2 penalty to all defenses. The next ally who hits it before the end of Lerrick's next turn regains 5 hp.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=30079]Rapida[/MENTION], I wouldn't jump if I were you. Except maybe if I would get a chance to do 2d10 falling damage to it too. And maybe not even then

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil shrieks like a coward as he is stabbed, slumping to the ground immediately in shock and going unconscious. When he is revived, the pain is still more than the scholar wants to deal with, and he bemoans loudly while standing. Right! Drop the spiders... Gil summons the last of his strength, calling loudly I SUMMON FORTH THE HORDE! and a fountain of frogs erupts from the wizards robes and mouth. The crowd begins to boo, having seen the same spell so many times in one day. Luckily for Gil, his near death experience gave him the good sense to ignore the crowd, and finish off one of the scouts, while distracting the marauder that stabbed him.

In the confusion Gil completely forgets to move the rope for Artemis, leaving both him and Joy with a difficult climb.

[sblock=Actions]

Move to stand

Standard Winged Horde area burst 2 (enlarged) centered on R14
26 vs will m2 HIT
29 vs will s2 CRIT

3 psychic damage and target cannot take opportunity actions until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn

Minor appease with arcana FAIL
OOC: My apologies, I completely spaced moving the rope before making this check.

EOT: Twilight falls area fade

Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=Readied Immediate Actions]

Phantasmal Henchman (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger: An ally within 10 misses an enemy with an attack.
Effect: Gil conjures a Phantasmal Henchman in a square adjacent to the target of the triggering allies attack. The Phantasmal Henchman stays TE of Gil's NT. Gil's allies can flank with the Phantasmal Henchman. As a move action, Gil can move the conjuration up to 6 squares. Once, before the end of Gil's NT, Gil can use the Phantasmal Henchman Attack power.

OR

Moonstride (Immediate Reaction)
Trigger: When an enemy moves adjacent to Gil.
Effect: Gil becomes insubstantial TENT, and shifts 2 squares away from the triggering enemy

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard|Artificer multiclass Assassin theme Scholar
AC 17 Fort 16 Reflex 19 Will 17 (additional +1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 10/36 bloodied 18, Surges 1/7 Surge value 9
Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19, Normal vision
Second Wind: Used,
Saving Throws: +5 vs Fear Effects (Battle Hardened)
AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +6, Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart
Action point; Demonskin Tattoo Gil resists 5 cold TE of the encounter
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Don't worry there, Joy. I'm sure we'll get out of this mess someho...."

Thump, skid, *whomp*.

Artemis then stands up. And having a firm grasp on the location of the pillar, Joy once again over his right shoulder, starts his climb again.

[sblock=actions]
Start of turn fog effect: 1d6, 1d8 → ([5], [4]) Roll Lookup That slides Artie and Joy solidly SW and into the pillar they are standing next to. Artie takes 1d6 → [2] = (2) Roll Lookup 2 damage.

Movement: Stand.

(Standard convert to) Movement: Climb: 1d20+9 → [12,9] = (21) Roll Lookup

Save: 1d20 → [9] = (9) Roll Lookup Still blind. Still weakened.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 4
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21/20 For: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 19
HP: 11/37 Bloodied: 18 Surge value: 9 Surges/day: 2/8
Speed: 5 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial
AP: 0, Second Wind: unused

Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
Wield the Warp, Wield the Warp, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
Confusion of the Cosmos, Inspiring Word, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally

PC:Artemis Harks, Hexblade (FourMonos) - L4W Wiki

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
*Gurgle 2*

[sblock= OOC]
>If joy also takes damage from being slid into pillar while carried, 1d6= 6

>End of turn: Death save 1d20= 20 (normally that would be spend a surge and wake up- not sure how that works with no surges left. Does it mean she is back up at 1 HP ?); roll Roll Lookup

[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
"I'll let you ranged fighters deal with him on the floor, if it comes back on the platforms I'll handle it." With that Brenwar jumps back to the other platform hoping his team can survive till the next wave.
[sblock=Combat Actions]
Start of Turn:
37/65 HP

Turn Actions:
Minor Action:
Null

Move Action:
Move to H4
Athletics (1d20+0=11)

Standard Action: -> Move
Used in move to H4

End Turn:
HP: 37/65 HP (0 THP)

[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 6
PC:Brenwar Holyshield (Rapida) - L4W Wiki

Initiative: +2, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 25 Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 20, Resist: 1/all 3/all
HP: 37/65 (0 TMP), Bloodied: 32 , Surge Value: 17, Surges Left: 1/13

Action Points: 0

Feats of Note:
Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

Whenever Brenwar uses a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge or regain hit points as if she had spent a healing surge, that ally can use his healing surge value (17 HP) to determine the number of hit points gained.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +11 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (1/3 Remaining)
Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Heroic Effort, Censure the Unholy, Divine Reverence, Second Wind
Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Hallowed Circle
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Three: Pillars of Doom, Round 9

Two of the remaining half-spiders simple skitter to (relative) safety, while the last marauder swings at Cyr, then slips past him to stab Gil, nearly dropping the mage yet again.

"It's almost over folks, but there's some entertainment to be had yet! Let's make the fog animate their weapons! That'll be fun!"

The crowd cheers and throw this round's balls at Ootah in anticipation, mostly hitting the pillar near him.

GM: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], you get a separate save against each effect affecting you, so here's one for weakened: 1d20=8, fail. I tried.

[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], I think (and therefor rule) that you get 1 hp.

Map.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Half-spider Scout 1: Start of turn, slide 1 N, take 1 damage. Stand. Move and climb to P1.
Half-spider Scout: MBA: +10 vs AC, 1d4+3 damage.

Half-spider Marauder 2: Quick Jabs: Short Sword: 20 vs Cyr's 23 AC, miss, shift 2, Short Sword: 26 vs Gil's 18 AC, hit, 9 damage.
Half-spider Marauder: MBA: +11 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage(+1d6 if has CA).

Half-spider Web Crafter 2: Move to F18.
Half-spider Web Crafter: MBA: +11 vs AC, 2d8+5 damage and slowed TenT.

Green Dragons killed: 1
Drake Mounts killed: 2
Dragonborn killed: 2
Half-Spider Grunts killed: 2
Half-spider Warriors killed: 2
Half-spider Marauders killed: 1
Half-spider Web Crafters killed: 1
Half-spider Scouts killed: 1[/sblock]

[sblock=Current Fog Type]Animate Weapon Fog: Creature level + 5 vs AC, Creature's level in damage and drop whatever is held in hands.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Pillars: The pillars are 20' (4 squares) up. They are DC 15 Athletics to climb (usually climbing rules: roll per move action, 1/2 speed, grant CA, fail by 5 or more is fall). Falling off deals 2d10 damage.

Light colored pillars will fall at the end of the next round.

Magic Fog: The fog below does damage to anything that enters and/or starts their turns in it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Appease the Crowd]*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Acrobatics: 21
Arcana: 23
Athletics: 19
Bluff: 19
Heal: 19
History: 21
Insight: 21
Perception: 19
Religion: 19
Stealth: 19
Streetwise: 19
Thievery: 21
Others: 17[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Just noticed Joy only has one review for level 5 (though from an SR, I think). Added her to the 'seeking approval' wiki page, since it seems possible she might survive at this point.

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron moves up, and takes a swing at the Half-Spider Marauder. The spider far to agile for the small goblin. His blade hitting nothing but air. At least he's got the Half-Spider's attention now.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to O14

Minor: Divine Challenge
-Target: Half-Spider Marauder 2 (N15)
-Effect: Target is subject to Kauldron's Divine Sanction.
-Divine Sanction: Creatures are Marked taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls if they target another character other then Kauldron. As well as take 7 RADIANT damage if they target another character other then Kauldron.

Standard: Enfeebling Strike
-Target: Half-Spider Marauder 2 (N15)
-Attack: +12 vs. AC (Miss; 13; Natural 1)[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 6
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC: 29 (Bloodied 28), Fort: 19, Ref: 20, Will: 20

Initiative: +5
Speed: 5

HP: 49/59, Temp HP: 10
Bloodied: 29, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 7/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point [X]
Call to Challenge [X]
Channel Divinity [X]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Pure Devotion [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Strength from Valor [X]
Student of the Sword [X]
Valorous Smite [X]

Hallowed Circle [X]
Lay on Hands [X]
Majestic Halo [X]
Potion of Healing [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [X]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil summons a spectral version of himself from the shadows of the marauder, it grabs the spider-like creature and shouts, Now Cyr! Meanwhile the human starts to cry, as he watches blood spill rapidly from his wound, his mind reeling. Gil holds the gaping hole shut, and watches the last moments of battle through a mixture of shock and adrenaline.

The wizard attempts to hide the sound of his sobbing, however each attempt to swallow back the tears is met by an exacerbated wail or moan. The pain was more than he had dealt with in the past, normally he'd be unconscious by this point, but his body seemed to have other plans this time. I'm.. I'm sorry Artemis! calls the young human, choking up during the apology. His mage hand begins to hover, picking up the slack of the rope and bundling it for travel.

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]

using Phantasmal Henchman

Trigger: An ally within 10 misses an enemy with an attack. Gil conjures a Phantasmal Henchman in a square adjacent to the target of the triggering allies attack. The Phantasmal Henchman stays TE of Gil's NT. Gil's allies can flank with the Phantasmal Henchman. As a move action, Gil can move the conjuration up to 6 squares. Once, before the end of Gil's NT, Gil can use the Phantasmal Henchman Attack power.

@MetaVoid m2 cannot take OAs, and is granting CA via flank with the PH, enjoy.
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] I won't forget the rope this time, it is on the top of my list, I feel bad for missing it last round. After Cyr gets his shots in, I'll run Gil.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads