The Labyrinth RPG Is Out!

Based on the David Bowie movie with Jim Henson puppets, it has snuck out and is available on Amazon.

Based on the David Bowie movie with Jim Henson puppets, it has snuck out and is available on Amazon.

"Jim Henson labyrinth - the adventure game contains everything you need to enter the magical world of Jim Henson labyrinth. This beautiful collectors item contains a full epic adventure which can be played both by expert role players using their favorite RPG rules system, and by fans of the labyrinth who are not role players, using the streamlined rules system included in the book! In this book you will find: a full length adventure with over 100 varied scenes full rules for creating characters and adventuring in the labyrinth two custom dice included inside the book! Written by renowned RPG writer Ben Milton, with guest scenes by Alessandro cavatore, Jack Caesar, Patrick Stuart, & matt ward amazing artwork by Ralph Horsley, Johnny fraser-allen & Brian froud! Tools and tables for creating your own adventures within the labyrinth three colored ribbon markers for tracking progress through the adventure full color book mark with rules references and tips high quality cloth cover, the perfect addition to any collector's bookshelf"

61au0IlISHL._SX522_.jpg

lab1.png
lab2.png
lab3.png

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
But, yeah, MLP should have been another 5e crossover book like MtG and the liveplay settings. Unless figuring out how to get around the setting subrace-locking magic to the unicorns and the usual 'races with flying speeds' can of worms Pegasi could open was THAT big a hurdle.
You should take a look at Tails of Equestria -- there was a very good systems review article of the game on this site, I believe. It's vastly simpler than D&D because the target audience is little kids, not adults or even middle school kids.

I've been playing it with my six year old. She will be playing D&D at some point, but it's significantly more complex and arguably not as suitable for all kids. (Yes, yes, someone's going to reply that they read the 1E DMG and understood it when they were in kindergarten -- you aren't representative of the majority of children.)

You should take a look at Tails of Equestria -- there was a very good systems review article of the game on this site, I believe. It's vastly simpler than D&D because the target audience is little kids, not adults or even middle school kids.

I've been playing it with my six year old. She will be playing D&D at some point, but it's significantly more complex and arguably not as suitable for all kids. (Yes, yes, someone's going to reply that they read the 1E DMG and understood it when they were in kindergarten -- you aren't representative of the majority of children.)

I've seen it, and it looks pretty good, but it still feels weird that it got outsourced. Could have used it as 'D&D Junior' gateway setting for kids. Kind of like how Tails does it for the whole medium.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, Tails is by the same company as this Labyrinth game.

Arilyn

Hero
Anyone played the game already? How well does it play with only one player (character)?
It worked well. I had my single player pick up a few companions who could offer hints when my player got stuck. It's a fun game, and I'm not a fan of the movie! I really appreciate the variety of encounters. It's easy to play and very flavourful. My adult player had fun. I think it would be awesome with a kid or small group of kids.

Remove ads

Remove ads