• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Last of Us (HBO Max)

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
So many excellent visual references to the game in these past two episodes. Set pieces taken directly from the game as well. And I love how they gave the raiders in Pittsburgh Kansas City a bit of humanity as well.

Sacrosanct

Legend
She's obviously consumed by anger. She instantly interprets Joels arrival as the actions of the bloke she's hunting, kills a Doctor (in the zombie apocalypse no less) out of spite, wastes manpower conducting a room to room search of a whole city looking for the bloke she's after, and then when shown the room the bloke she was after was hiding in, ignores the Zombie issue because she feels like she's super close to finding him.
I was hoping that what's-his face? Perry? Something like that would have told her as the only person she would remotely listen to that she's creating more people just like her by her actions. I.e, she lost a loved one to "the enemy" and she's doing the exact same thing to hundreds of other people. But alas, that never happened.

While the episode was heartbreaking, I knew something like that had to happen. Henry and his brother couldn't continue as protagonists in the series.

But man, they writer sure know how to hit you in the gut when it happens.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I was hoping that what's-his face? Perry? Something like that would have told her as the only person she would remotely listen to that she's creating more people just like her by her actions. I.e, she lost a loved one to "the enemy" and she's doing the exact same thing to hundreds of other people. But alas, that never happened.
This is, ultimately, the lesson of the franchise.

Nobody in-universe learns it, unfortunately

Bolares

Hero
I was a bit dissapointed that there were no infected in the tunnels, I remember being very tense while playing that part of the game. On the other hand I understand why they chose to rearange things the way they did.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My impression, from the conversation in the bedroom, is that they have had these conversations, which is why she jumped in and explained that she knows her brother would oppose what she's doing. She's had these conversations before, probably with Perry. (Incidentally, Jeffrey Pierce may be the most macho voice actor I've ever seen, even beating out Travis Willingham, who looks like he could bench press most of the Critical Role cast.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I was a bit dissapointed that there were no infected in the tunnels, I remember being very tense while playing that part of the game. On the other hand I understand why they chose to rearange things the way they did.
In the game, was Joel sniping everyone trying to attack Ellie a thing? That sequence, while it was very effective, looked very much like a ripped from the gameplay kind of moment.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I could watch a whole episode of Graham Greene and his wife going back and forth. 20 years of their lives passing by as the episode goes. I really hoped to see more of them.

As the season goes on I like Ellie more and more. Sometimes it seems she can say a lot with just a look.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I loved episode 6. It was well done.

Episode 5 was kind of a let down just because I saw it coming. Felt very Walking Dead with crazy town leader monologue scene. Instead of the child clicker they should have had a runner with a work shirt on that had "Tuco" on the name patch leap onto Kathleen. "When you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk" lawlz That monologue scene was bad. Which sucks because the sniper scene was pretty good until then.

Remove ads