The Last of Us (HBO Max)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Eh, most of them weren't expecting trouble, and we don't know how much experience any of these folks had. I think the toughest two people he dealt with were the pair in the stairwell, who were probably what remained of Marlene's personal bodyguard. There's no saying how much or how little experience or training the rest of the people in the hospital had.
Also true, I dont think the scene was the most egregious of action sequences. Joel never faces more than two at a time, and a few even miss their shots which was lucky for Joel. Though, I do wonder why they didn't form up and flank Joel? Though, maybe this was the C team and the main fighters were elsewhere working against Fedra? Plausible they didn't raise too many alarms by having folks camped out in Salt Lake. However, they did seem to be consolidating so maybe this was just the left overs of a dying outfit?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Also true, I dont think the scene was the most egregious of action sequences. Joel never faces more than two at a time, and a few even miss their shots which was lucky for Joel. Though, I do wonder why they didn't form up and flank Joel? Though, maybe this was the C team and the main fighters were elsewhere working against Fedra? Plausible they didn't raise too many alarms by having folks camped out in Salt Lake. However, they did seem to be consolidating so maybe this was just the left overs of a dying outfit?
I think it's probable that they had a lot of guards outside the hospital, too, probably patrolling the city and fortifying things like food and ammo dumps.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Eh, most of them weren't expecting trouble, and we don't know how much experience any of these folks had. I think the toughest two people he dealt with were the pair in the stairwell, who were probably what remained of Marlene's personal bodyguard. There's no saying how much or how little experience or training the rest of the people in the hospital had.
A huge sin most movies do is the "two bad guys behind me with a gun pointed at me and suddenly I whip around and take them out!" That...doesn't happen. Only in movies and amateur training clips from martial arts dojos that get made fun of by McDojolife lol.

Bolares

Hero
A huge sin most movies do is the "two bad guys behind me with a gun pointed at me and suddenly I whip around and take them out!" That...doesn't happen. Only in movies and amateur training clips from martial arts dojos that get made fun of by McDojolife lol.

You are the one with experience here, and sure, it was not realistic, but I think they tried to move away from the common trope of this in the show. They are in a really confined space with long weapons, joel frustrates them by stoping a lot of times before and turns around before jumping the guy...

Sacrosanct

Legend
You are the one with experience here, and sure, it was not realistic, but I think they tried to move away from the common trope of this in the show. They are in a really confined space with long weapons, joel frustrates them by stoping a lot of times before and turns around before jumping the guy...
They were also explicitly told, "If he tries anything, shoot him." so they should have been alert for something like that, and the result would be more like in that video clip ;) But that doesn't make a good story.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Honestly, are the Fireflies anywhere not a dying outfit?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

On the other hand, I know security professionals who say the "have the gun within arm's reach of the person you're pointing it at" is just asking for trouble. I have never been in a situation where I've seen this play out in real life, though, I'm happy to say.

Remove ads