The Latest Pathfinder 2 Playtest Update Has Dropped!

Along with the start of The Mirrored Moon, the fourth of the seven playtest scenarios which make up Doomsday Dawn, Paizo has released Pathfinder Playtest Update 1.3, which includes numerous changes plus a big update to the multiclass archetypes.

Part4Opener.jpg

Playtest Update
Today also marks the release of Update 1.3, which delivers a number of substantive changes to the game, including a revision to the Proficiency, DCs, death, dying, the Medicine skill, and revisions to a number of classes. But there’s one other gigantic addition:

Multiclass Archetype Update. Paizo has playtest material for all 12 of the multiclass archetypes, along with some revisions to the existing multiclass archetypes found in the Pathfinder Playtest Rulebook. These additions expand the range of tools when building new characters. With these changes, players can now create a bard that dabbles in the strange mysteries of the monk, or a barbarian with a sorcerous lineage. Paizo put all of these archetypes in a document for ease of reference, the Multiclass Archetype Update. The playtest bundle, updates, and surveys are all free to download at PathfinderPlaytest.com.

The Mirrored Moon

Today, Paizo Inc. officially began The Mirrored Moon, the fourth of seven scenarios in the Doomsday Dawn adventure. It runs through October 8 as part of the worldwide, free playtest of the second edition of Pathfinder on both real and virtual tabletops.

The adventure sees a return of the characters from Part 1, now at 9th-level. In the years that have passed, these heroes have grown to be powerful adventurers in their own right, but the mystery that started all those years ago in Keleri’s basement has yet to be solved. In Part 4, they continue the quest in Thicketfell, in the faraway River Kingdoms.

“The heroes from Magnimar are sent to secure aid in the River Kingdoms, while looking for a place called the Moonmere, the home of an ancient Kellid wizard who has something to do with the ominous Countdown Clocks,” said Jason Bulmahn, Director of Game Design at Paizo.

Arakasius

First Post
Because of how they're doing half orc and half human ancestry feats? That's an odd line to draw. In 1e those were explicitly tied to being half human (and similarly got all the human racial trait options) as well. It's basically the same thing but better. That's because them templating it this way allows for more flexible combinations in the future where they could allow a half-X to be applied to any ancestry.

Aldarc

Legend
That's a very odd hill to die on.
Because of how they're doing half orc and half human ancestry feats? That's an odd line to draw. In 1e those were explicitly tied to being half human (and similarly got all the human racial trait options) as well. It's basically the same thing but better. That's because them templating it this way allows for more flexible combinations in the future where they could allow a half-X to be applied to any ancestry.
I understand their design goal, but I dislike how this marginalizes the place of half-elves and half-orcs while also demanding a feat tax to play one. It makes them both just another variety of human rather than proper ancestries.

Arakasius

First Post
Blade of Justice change is actually decently strong change for a tanking build. I don't think Paladins really have a power problem more so than some of their options are just a bit uninspiring. I really don't like the righteous ally feat chain that just gives them enchants. Not because getting free enchants isn't strong. It is quite strong. It just feels lame and tacked on.

As for half races, well those ones were always more powerful because of having access to both races traits. (which is more so in 2e because half races can take the powerful level 1 human feats like the extra class feat) I can somewhat understand your point about the feat tax, but I think they are more powerful having access to 2 ancestries feats so I'm not against them paying something for it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases