• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Legendary Grappling Monk

angry monkey

First Post
So, after he puts on his mexican wrestling mask, my Monk likes to grapple. A lot.

Here's few questions, does he make iterative grapple checks at lower bonuses, like he would with attacks? (IIRC grapple checks take the place of attacks, and are based off your BAB)

Next, Can he make extra grapple checks using flurry (of-arm-locks)?

Third, anyone know of any WOTC rules for picking someone up and throwing them? (my monk also happens to be an Ogre, so this seems like it would be easy, but we can't find rules for it)? I would need it to be in an actual DnD supplement, not a d20 or webpage...

Fourth, why am I awake at 7:30 am, looking at a DnD website?

Oh wait, I'm a total geek.

Ok, just three questions left, I guess.

Thanks.

p.s. just because "legendary" is in the title doesn't mean he's epic. Though he's close, 13th level...

shilsen

Adventurer
angry monkey said:
Here's few questions, does he make iterative grapple checks at lower bonuses, like he would with attacks? (IIRC grapple checks take the place of attacks, and are based off your BAB)

Yes.

Next, Can he make extra grapple checks using flurry (of-arm-locks)?

There's some argument about this, but I'd say no.

Third, anyone know of any WOTC rules for picking someone up and throwing them? (my monk also happens to be an Ogre, so this seems like it would be easy, but we can't find rules for it)? I would need it to be in an actual DnD supplement, not a d20 or webpage...

There are some feats which allow it, in Races of Stone, IIRC.

Fourth, why am I awake at 7:30 am, looking at a DnD website?

Oh wait, I'm a total geek.

No, no - you've got to have been on the site at 11 pm, sleep, get up and be back on at 5:30 am to count as a total geek.

angry monkey

First Post
clarification

No, no - you've got to have been on the site at 11 pm, sleep, get up and be back on at 5:30 am to count as a total geek.

For the record, it was post in an online game at 11:45 (dndonline.com, not here), sleep at midnight, wake up at 4 am (stupid girlfriend leaving and needing me to say goodbye) back to sleep at 4:01 am, wake up at 7, pee, online at this sight at 7:15 am.

But don't tell my RL friends about it, ok?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
shilsen said:
There's some argument about this, but I'd say no.

Right ye be.

The rules o' the Flurry state that all attacks must with unarmed strikes or special monk weapons.

A grapple check be neither o' the two.

If ye be grapplin' already, ye can make use o' the 'attack opponent with light weapon' option, and then ye can use yer Flurry to punch him at -4.

-Piratesmurf.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads