• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

'Ghost'

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=18009]dave[/MENTION] Yeah that's fine with me

Opening up a comm to bart.

I hope you plan to get us out of here shortly Bart, otherwise we're going to need a few more guns.

Ghost stared on as the wall of enemies moved towards them, he knew if they didn't get power back up shortly the ship was doomed. His eyes, even hidden behind a visor, never betraying his true emotions.

I knew this was going to be a bad day....

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
No shortage of targets here.

Mikhail punched in the target solution for missile launcher hopping to sever the cable and take some of the bloody bots with it.

OOC: Trying to shoot between the group on the other side of the cable. Will spend destiny if needed to hit the cable.

After the missile left the tube Mikhail opened the coms.

Greeting comrades. Today's forecast is raining :):):):):):):)s so you might want to consider getting aboard your friendly neighborhood tank-taxi just in case mister pilot over there decides to get his :):):):) together and actually get us out of this :):):):) storm.

Last edited:

Ray Ray

First Post
Oh :):):):)... That downtimes gonna cost us..

"READY TO FIRE!"

Ray hurriedly activated his rapid fire mainframe, slamming down on the trigger once more, aiming first for the cables. They desperately needed to sever that link.

OOC: Activate Run it hot, activate brace for fire (roll incoming) then rapid shot the cables.

edit:brace for fire is only one off the TN, can I sped a fate point to rectify that please? :p

Last edited:

Ray_Ray

First Post
She sighed, moving out and recharging her suit's energy as she overloaded the core once more, firing two bolts of damage at the nearest undamaged cable.

OOC: Really simple turn, Surge of magic then deploying 2 Standard attacks, they are Power 14 if I remember correctly

Mikhail and Raymond together take out some of the cables as they blast away with their weaponry.

Bart comes onto the comm links briefly.

Heyyyy Tami, any reason the cockpit is glowing bright blue?!

Tami responds quite hastily

I would inspect that if I could see right now! The paksis core is glowing so bright I can't see anything in the engine room.

Bart lets out a whimper.

We're doomed....

Everyone outside sees a huge flash of light. A wave of blue rushes out around the entire ship. You all feel a small pulse of warmth fill up your MDAs. Taking a quick glance at your MDA they change in shape, better suiting you than ever before. Their appearance even seems to personify the wielder in some respects.

OOC: Your MDAs have changed in apperance though not in function. They no longer look like the bog standard armours unless you want them to. In essence they have become uniquely yours in appearance too. You may choose what they look like.

The flash of light has sent most of the robots reeling. When they regain their composure the small attack vessel is clearly in sight. Some of the more paranoid members of the squads begin to open fire, though it doesn't bother evading shots. It dives directly for the port side of the ship.

Alexander is ready for this though, he jumps up to meet the ship head on. As soon as he makes contact everyone hears something said in a very alien language.

A burst of light erupts from Alexanders' position, blinding everything for a brief moment. When the light dies down, left standing in the attack ships position is a very large muscular looking bipedal robot. It has too large paksis cannon like structures on its back that seem to form a jet pack.
[MENTION=19593]Alexander[/MENTION]
You come to a few moments after making contact with the attack vessel. You are sitting in quite a large chair and you can see a HUD appear on a pane of glass that is allowing you to see outside of your position. Attached to your arms are a pair of glove like control devices. You feel someone else's fingers threaded through your own. Looking directly in front of you, you see a small 'person'. This person seems to be in their own battle suit, the suit is a slightly off white colour. Certain trimmings to the suit are red with some panels in the centre red as well. It almost looks like a uniform, though there are no symbols to denote rank or the like. It turns around to look up at your towering figure. You can't see much past its visor but it nods at you. It moves its arm a little as if to fist pump. It then presses its back onto your chest and seems to ready itself. You can hear it humming some music to itself. A very soft melodious alto voice from what you can tell.

[GM Note]: You can react to this how you like in spoilers as no-one else knows what's going on inside the attack vessel. However you now have narrative control to kill everything around the ship, that you can do outside of spoilers. Go nuts.

'Ghost'

First Post
As soon as the robot is in sight Ghost starts to take aim, his new suit more sleek. The armour, which appeared bulky before, has smoothed out. Rather then what the old MDA felt like, a bulky slow-moving mess, this seemed more fluid-like. The joint's were smaller, making the armour feel lighter. His visor, now no longer the blocky helmet it was before, reaching over behind his head and down the neck. Giving it what could only be described as a more aerodynamic look.

The core no longer hummed with power, sounding more like the whisper of a distant figure on the wind. As far as he could tell the armour was still there, or at least Ghost hoped it was. As he sets himself up to shoot he notices just how smooth his movements are, how much quieter the suit is. With a sly grin on his face.......

This is more to my standards. Finally a piece of technology that actually works on this vessel

He opens up communications to command

Commodore, we have an unidentified target. Seems to be a large robot. Armed with twin cannons currently being used as a jetpack looking directly at us. What are your orders?

His finger resting lightly on the trigger, his eyes scanning the monstrosity in front of him. There had to be a weakness, there is always a weakness. As soon as he could identify it Ghost was prepared to exploit it. The other bot's around the wanderer now placed firmly in the back of his mind.

OOC: For those who are interested in a visual aid, the closest thing I can think of that i'm trying to get at is destiny hero - dasher. Minus the wheels ofc =D

Last edited:

@Universal_narration
OOC: Go nuts? Will do boss.

Alexander blinks several times as he adjusts to the position he's found himself in. Satisfied that he wasn't in fact dead, he moved onto more pressing issues. Looking through the Glass, he looked down upon the hull of the wanderer, cocking an eyebrow as he attempted to work out where the hell he was looking at it from. Lifting up one hand, he raised an eyebrow as a mechanical hand crossed his field of view. Looking down to the person in his lap, he nodded, a resolute smile on his lips.

"Thankyou, kind soul. By the grace of god, we shall now protect that what we own, and defend our family. I do not know what your motives are, but I pray that they are just. I consider thee innocent."

He looked up, attempting to grasp the control system; a lifetime of warfare knowledge running through his mind as he attempted to work out the arcane mechanisms of the mechanical being he was now inside of. It was apparently easy enough; force creates more force, the suit roughly approximating his own actions. With this principle in mind, he set to work.

We will exchange formalities once those I protect are safe. For now, know that I am truly thankful of your intervention

The massive mechanical thing started to move, slowly at first, it's "hands" Twisting and moving slowly, as if getting used to it's immense bulk. Tilting it's head around the battlefield of the wanderer's hull, it then set to work. It began by grabbing a nearby clawbot, the thick fingers of the mecha wrapping around the thin, frail waist of the bot. With almost effortless amount of exertion, he snapped the bot between it's fingers, parts drifting out into the void. As if encouraged by a show of it's own power, it straightened its figure, drawing itself up to full sight as it adopted a martial pose; one that would be reconognised by Echo team as the fighting-style of their Captain, Alexander.

The robots, apparently realising that this new creature is a threat to them, started opening fire on the intruder, rockets streaming through the dark sea of space. Kicking up a nearby clawbot, he threw it at one of the missles, before catching another; the metal skin of the rocket shattering as this Mechanical wonder's fist punched right through it, before the core detonated harmlessly to it's flank. Two or three rockets hit the Assault "Ship" head on, ribbons of explosions blossoming across it's armoured bulkhead; but not a scratch was left on it's dark hull.

Flexing shoulders, the jetpacks on his back started to flare to life, and with the Silent explosion of force that only space could provide, the Mech blasted away from the hull of the Wanderer, taking the fight to the A.W.B's. The Robots had no time to respond to the Hunk of distructive force that barrelled towards them, the armoured shoulder of the suit bashing into one robot, rendering it a cloud of component parts, while a backhand smashed into another. They attempted to fire rockets at the beast in their midst, but all in vain, the practiced German martial technique grabbing robots, and using them to shield himself from the reigning hell being exposed to him.

Still, the Mecha was not done yet. Looking to the Starboard side of the ship, the Mecha came to an awkward landing in the center. It's Jetpack started to power down, before rolling over his shoulders into a brace shoulder-based Howitzer cannon. Finally, you all hear a voice crackle to life over the radio:

"By the grace of god, I consider thee guilty. May the lance of purity shed you from your foul purpose and render you to the merciful embrance of oblivion! Almighty one, it's showtime!

The voice was definitely Alexander's; though a keen-eared soul would hear some gentle singing in the background. With several silent flash of lightning, the cannons fired, turning the Robots into dust, and vaporising any boarding ships that remained, the tempestuous barrage of light and fireworks, the Paksis offering no remorse to the steel invaders.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthurs' apprehension turned to relief as the huge robot started demolishing the clawbots and AWBs'.
Kaboom, the field should be relatively safe. See if you can acquire any more samples from the AWBs

He regarded the giant mech and his own suit now a squat bulky contraption, resembling more a series of storage compartments, launching tubes and thick Armour plates than a cohesive suit. The only exception being his hands which were still able to retain their full dexterity having only some kind of thin metal coating.

Paksis eh? this has potential...

Remove ads