• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Ray Ray

First Post
"AAAAAND WE'RE BACK ONLINE!"
He grabbed a hold of his machine gun firmly after his brief respite.
"Hold on sir, theres steam left in dear Misha yet!"
He went to pull the trigger, but, well, nothing happened. nada. just a short buzz.
"Ah crap...still overheating... Hold on sir, just a technical hitch!"

OOC: Actually only recently remembered that run it hot leaves a gun out of action for 2 turns. Hope you guys can hold up without me!

OOC: Resolving port side till the end.

The ship on the port side fires out grappling hooks reaching the Wanderer. With cords attached it reels itself in slightly.

Kaboom scavenges a few parts then flies his relatively battered chassis towards his next target.

Rey opens up the comms channel and tries to decipher the music. As far as she can tell it has no significance to communication. It has a very similar pattern to how most pop songs would follow however, she also hears someone humming along with the music that isn't part of the track itself.

Each of the claw bots now attacks Armstrong trying to take him down. The A.W.B fire off another salvo though they are just targeting the ship. As soon as this happens you get a message from Bart.

"Port side really really badly damaged, much more than this and the side of the ship will be breached!! Is someone taking care of those bots?!"

Ray keeps letting his gun cool down. Alexander moves around and hits one of the claw bots destroying it then braces using Hop Gar for the next attack, which incidentally is the grenade Arthur throws at the group. Blowing up one of the remaining claw bots and leaving two of them left rather battered.

OOC: Spend 4 destiny points to hit, you regain 12 barrier boxes.
Columns in order: 6, 5, 2, 3, 2

Last edited:

OOC: Resolving starboard side until Aleksandra.

J.D. sets his paksis to recharge, the closest A.W.B that still has his gun disabled tries to damage the tank by barging it. The other one pulls back a little away from battle, with most of his systems damaged and unable to fight.

With pin point accuracy Ghost manages to sever the weakness point of one of the bots, the claw bot still seems functional though is in two parts sprawled across the ship. Though is effectively out of the fight.

The boarding ship does similar to the one on the port side and fires the grappling hooks to bind itself to the side of the ship. The ship starts to reel itself in a little as well.

Alexander needs a few moments to catch his breath, having been knocked down by explosions and torn at by clawbots.

Rey! As soon as your gun is cooled, aim for the A.W.B. bots. You and Arthur take them down. As for me...

OOC: Is it possible to cover for the ship? I mean, take rockets on behalf of the Wanderer so long as those rockets land in a 6-Radius of me? If it's possible, that's what I start doing.

The bots seemed to attack her sluggishly, attacks falling wide and slow.
Welp, into the fold.

She darted forward again, searing dagger slicing toward another bot.

OOC: Shift forward and to the side. Regain 3 mana from regen am on 5. Cast Like last turn, thermal lance. Now on 1 mana. Olgah isn't on enough energy for a marker this turn so I'll leave her regenerating.

OOC: Resolving Aleksandra and claw bots.

Aleksandra moves in destroying the bot near her and standing ready for the next few. The two claw bots reach her and attack while Mikhail is swamped by the other 3.

OOC: Columns in order:
Aleksandra: 4, 2
Mikhail: 2, 3, 6

Last edited:

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Seeing that the rest of the team regained the momentum and was pushing the attackers back Mikhail decided to start dealing with grappling cables as the prospect of loosing half a ship during a jump was not a pleasant one.

Mikhail prepared to fire the tank cannon.
Mikhail realized he was not inside his tank.

Who the hell stole my tank?

Spotting "Snowdrop" floating in a distance he decided to postpone finding whoever stole his tank till after the battle.

He kicked the closest claw bot trying to propel himself towards his tank.

Getting inside he armed the missile launcher and fired a barrage at a group of claw bots.

Last edited:

OOC: Resolving to end of round.

The three claw bots all take a swing at Mikhail as he moves away.

OOC: If you spend 3 destiny points you will get back to your tank.

Snowdrop fires and damages all of the claw bots out in space.

Bart comes back onto the comms line.
Right hold out for a few more seconds, annnnd... there we go! Boosting off!

You hear something whir on the Wanderer though nothing happens.

Wait .. what? Tami, you said the thing is charged?!

A Female voice is heard on the comms line.

Yes it is, heck its humming right now. Can't you hear it?

Bart replies with a twinge of fear in his voice.

... Yes, I can hear it, then why is not working?!

Tami finishes by saying.

I don't know I'll get back to you, hopefully sooner rather than later! Also I told Ezra this, that small vessel. It has two paksis cannons as big as the attack vessel itself! Be careful, Tami out.

Bart regains some of his composure.

Ok, Ok, hold your positions just for a little more, we will be fine... I hope...

The ominous voice returns louder now.

I must protect... with my heart!

This however doesn't comfort Bart and he finishes the transmission with.

...ehehe... I hope it means.. us? Bart out..

OOC: Round over, back to the top

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads