• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

[MENTION=6699085]Alexander Bauhdric[/MENTION]
You can hear the creature in front of you breathing quite heavily once all the bots are dead. It suddenly sits bolt upright and slumps down on your chest. You think it laughs, or at least it sounds like it. It then places a hand on your chest and pushes away. You see the same light fill your sight then you see yourself out in space again. The ship is in front of you, it turns around and speeds away.

Everyone else sees a small burst of light where the large Mech is standing. A brief moment later Alexander is floating in space again and the attack ship separates away. The ship then turns away and rushes off.
Shortly afterwards Okado opens up a Comms link.

"Echo and Sierra squad, do not commence pursuit of that ship. We require everyone back inside. Damage is on the bad side and we need to conduct a damage report. We also need to calm down the populace on the ship, we do not wish a panic at this time. Squads report back to the bridge."

'Ghost'

First Post
Ghost stands up and locks in the safety on his rifle. Then quickly surveys his surroundings. The ship looks in a bad way, and this is just his side of the ship. The he takes a moment and looks directly towards alexander...

What was that? I've never seen such power, though I do wonder where it came from. And if he had that type of destructive power why did he take so long to use it? More importantly I hope the commodore trusts that man, such power can easily sway one's loyalty. I've seen it all before. Should that day come my team better not hesitate, I hope his doesn't either otherwise we could have a problem.

Seemingly lost in his thoughts Sarah speaks up.

Erm Ghost......Shouldn't we be heading inside right about now instead of just staring into nothing?

Sierra, fall in.

Ghost snaps back to reality as he radios in his squad. Turns and heads for the airlock. As he enters the armory he exits his suit and takes one last look at it. This has been an eventful day, a new enemy to concern himself with, Echo's captain and his suit changed, entirely. He knew what this meant, a whole lot of paperwork to explain the events of combat but that would have to wait. Once his squad had re-assembled, he gave a brief nod to Meia, then lead them away to the bridge to await further orders.

Last edited:

"Roger. Coming in. Echo-squad, on me."

It was all he said over the radio as he navigated his way back to the ship, and made his way back inside. His armoured suit looked very different than before; his bulky armoured plates replaced with a thick, rippling musculature, not unlike the Roman armour of ancient history. However, his helmet looked more like a knight, a plume of ribbons flicking idly in the vacum of space, his armoured helm only opening up for a singular slit, where his eyes glowed a golden colour.

Inside his mind, however, he was thinking hard. What on earth had just happened? Though a miracle was one answer, it still begged the question as to it's purpose. Why was there such an intervention? Who was behind it? And why? So many questions; so few answers.

Last edited:

Arthur Campbell

First Post
That will have to do kaboom.

The droid settled back on the ship and rolled back up on to Arthurs' suit taking its place in a new niche on his back. Arthur then followed his captain into the ship.
He reviewed the encounter in his head; on the whole his methods remained effective, he was almost sad that the state of the art explosives on board this ship had proven so easy to manipulate, he had expected a challenge. He had managed to tweak them all to his needs almost without batting an eyelid. Still, he smirked slightly, the samples should prove interesting enough.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Somebody call me when things start making sen....

​Mikhail suddenly realized that instead of his MDA suit he was wearing something rather similar to his old uniform and tank helmet, before he had time to wonder about implications of this development his brain registered that the cockpit has also seen some dramatic change that was easily summarized by the word Gothic.

Again?! I will find whoever did this and when I do... said Mikhail while opening the hatch to see what happened to snowdrop from the outside ...I will... his thought process was interrupted by the sight of added firepower ... ah.. never mind!

Getting back inside he quickly darted towards the storage compartment to check on his whiskey bottle stashed in there. Storage compartment welcomed him with a cocktail bar.

I can live with that. Time to leg it. Hope this thing will fit through the door.

OOC: For visual reference feast your eyes upon this catht.jpg

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
Busily grabbing what parts he could from the disabled robots, J.D. hardly noticed his suit had changed from a gaudy purple glowing armour suit, to a gaudy purple glowing three piece suit, obviously made to measure and seemingly with computer screens woven into the very design.

Thoughtfully making his way back to the airlock, he studied both broken robots and his altered MDA in detail.

Interesting, most interesting, I can hardly wait to start pulling these things apart, and as for Mr Bauhdric...

Do you mind if we have a little chat later Mr Bauhdric, you're recent behaviour intrigues me, I would like the opportunity to talk to you about your experiences, and maybe see if we can't replicate the event at will

With that, J.D. sauntered away with his usual abandon towards the bridge

Ray_Ray

First Post
She grinned for a moment as she took in the changes, checking out her new suit as she hummed "Looks like things are all ready getting interesting" she said as she discharged her excess Paksis energy, the suit glowing from a bright red down to a dull grey as the energy faded from it's battle capacitors.

"Come on then dearest brother, we have our orders"

She said with a slight pout, her suit's highlights and energy channels turning blue in tune with her softer mood... she hadn't even gotten to push her suit to the limits, where is the fun in that after all?.

Arriving at the bridge you all see Okado arguing with Bart about something, you can't quite make out what it is they are discussing. You are stop by a woman in uniform with a badge on her arm denoting her origin as France. Her uniform is obviously military though looks more suited to desk work than actual combat. The woman has short red hair that is tied up into a bun, she is well groomed and you can see that her uniform doesn't have a single piece out of place. Cradled in her right arm she holds a tablet device. She pushes her glasses back into place as she introduces herself.

"Greetings Sierra and Echo squadrons. My name is Naomi, Okado is a little predisposed so it will be me that will be debriefing you. First I have uploaded a combat report to each of the captain's personal files. This is so they may review the battle when they wish at the terminal in their quarters. You are free to debrief your own squads as you see fit. However at current we have another job for you both. Damage is quite bad and we wish to organise the crew in this state of emergency. Tami is currently compiling a short report on the changes of the engine, however that will take some time.

Sierra squad, you are to go meet the head engineer and help her with the compiling a physical damage report of the ship. You must also find out what we need to repair some the bigger breaches, we have to mobilize resources as best we can.

Echo squad, you have somehow become the hope of the ship due to your earlier stunt. We need you to go and be a presence on board, go out and boost people's morale in the best ways you see fit. I'd advise starting by helping people on the port side of the ship, it was the most damaged and as such has the most injured.

Is there any questions or is there anything you wish to discuss amongst yourselves before departing?"

Naomi waits patiently while holding the tablet and slowly tapping on one of its corners.

Alexander didn't know whether to be feel relieved or daunted by the task assigned to his team. To some extent, he felt that his entire purpose on this ship was to bolster morale as much as possible; hell, until this last foray into the void, he hadn't even predicted that the Starseeker squadron would actually be deployed militarily! But that was Twenty minutes ago. In that time, he had engaged mysterious and vicious robots, caught missiles and even encountered what he could only explain as what /must/ be extra-terrestrial life; assuming, that is, he wasn't hallucinating the whole time anyway! Regardless, he saluted to Naomi, and nodded slowly. An order was an order, and if his team were to be the "Hope of the ship", then they would be just that.

"Thankyou Frau Naomi, we shall do our best. Though I'm sure others will have their own questions, my only question is thus; what is the nature of the dispute between the helmsman and Okado?"

'Ghost'

First Post
Do you mind if we have a little chat later Mr Bauhdric, you're recent behaviour intrigues me, I would like the opportunity to talk to you about your experiences, and maybe see if we can't replicate the event at will

Over-hearing the brief conversation in the armoury, as Ghost and his squad left for the bridge he brought himself up alongside J.D

Be careful what you wish for private, such destructive power should never be praised. Destruction can only beget destruction. Don't ever, for one second, believe it can be anything else.

After which he continues to lead the squad in silence towards the bridge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After being given his new orders, Ghost turned to Aleksandra and J.D

In the mess hall you seemed to be discussing what I can only describe as scientific theory. This means you two would be best suited to dealing with the damages and what we need to repair them. Mikhail, that leaves me and you to compile the damage reports. Questions?

He wait's to see if anyone asks anything of him then he hears Alexander speak up and ask about the arguement.

He raises a good point, what are the commodore and pilot arguing over Naomi? It seems to me if the commander and pilot fail to get along, it could bode ill for us. I don't want someone, who can't keep their cool, in charge of piloting this vessel.

Remove ads