[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yes, because it looks like the Amazon deal is for anything in the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales that directly connects to what is in the Appendices in the back of Return of the King.

Thanks. Then I'm going to suggest that the meteor might be what some or all of the rings are forged from.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Gotcha. Oh, well. That's really too bad. There's a lot of good stuff in the Silmarillion.
The Tolkien Estate become much more amenable to getting paid for further film rights after Christopher Tolkien retired and stepped down as executor, but the family is still protective of the brand. Amazon was able to get more rights than were available before, but the family didn't want to sell the Silmarillion.

Thanks. Then I'm going to suggest that the meteor might be what some or all of the rings are forged from.

I would not be surprised at all if they go that angle, seeing as how meteor metal is used other places as a mystical, magic, special material. It could be used to explain how Sauron could connect all the rings together and know when they are active and being used, aside from just all of his power that he invested into making the One Ring.

And now there is a report that The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim, an animated film from New Line and Warner Brothers, is coming out in April 2024. It is supposed to deal with the history of Rohan and Helm's Deep.

Yep, that was first announced back in June 2021, but it was just today that more info was finally released.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
And now there is a report that The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim, an animated film from New Line and Warner Brothers, is coming out in April 2024. It is supposed to deal with the history of Rohan and Helm's Deep.
It's from q Japanese animation studio in an Anime style, IIRC. That has potential.

Heck, Tolkien's material by and large might be a better fit for that sort of high animation style.

reelo

Hero
Absolutely.

Because I'm a weirdo, the finalized "Children of Hurin" is maybe my favorite Tolkien work.
It is mine as well. I would absolutely love to see the "Narn i Hîn Húrin" on screen (as a big-budget series) done in a tragic, epic way, totally earnest and sober.
Granted, it's depressing stuff, but it's spun from the same cloth as the ancient Greek tragedies.

Also, concerning the dwarf princess, Dísa: if you crank up the luminosity/contrast ij Photoshop, you can clearly make out some facial hair, in the form of sideburns. I was gonna post a picture, but somehow the upload fails.

Last edited:

Dioltach

Legend
Regardless of whether or not female dwarves in Middle-Earth should have beards, it's quite possible that fashions and preferences change. In the real world, fashion rarely stays the same for long, or from one culture to another.

There should be dwarves laughing about how silly they all looked a century before, when the female dwarves had full beards and the males were clean-shaven.

MarkB

Legend
Regardless of whether or not female dwarves in Middle-Earth should have beards, it's quite possible that fashions and preferences change. In the real world, fashion rarely stays the same for long, or from one culture to another.

There should be dwarves laughing about how silly they all looked a century before, when the female dwarves had full beards and the males were clean-shaven.
That, and they're not all one homogenous society where absolutely everyone toes the line in terms of looks or fashion. There will be people who don't follow the conventions.

Ixal

Hero
To quote a poster from another board. "Nice looking Narnia trailer"

But it looks and feels nothing like LotR and considering how Amazons Wheel of Time series turned out I have very low expectations for it.
Or rather, I fully expect them to screw up.

Last edited:

Remove ads