[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

i have changed my mind based on watching some videos on lore. im still watching no matter what but im hopeful based on what i know of the quick shots and the lore associated.

Thanks. Then I'm going to suggest that the meteor might be what some or all of the rings are forged from.
The meteor is:

(actual spoiler, revealed in the latest Vanity Fair article, whose writers, remember, have had the first three episodes screened for them. No really, this is probably a big spoiler for the first episode, maybe even the episode’s final scene. Frankly I wish I hadn’t read it. Don’t ask why I’m spreading it around. I guess spoilage loves company):

The meteor is the character seen holding the harfoot Nori’s hand in the final shot of the teaser. Probably this is (my guess) a Maia, either one of the Istari crash-landing upon arrival from Valinor (yes, I know they aren’t supposed to be sent til TA 1110, but that’s not going to stop Amazon, since it’s confirmed they’re going to compress and scramble the canonical timeline in several other major ways), or just possibly Sauron himself in a form that will gain the trust of the ones to whom he is appearing (“benevolent” old man to gain the young harfoot’s trust for some reason). There’s a very brief shot in the trailer of this man being helped out of a burning crater.

Purportedly, this vignette from the trailer is of Finrod at the Battle of Sudden Flame surrounded on the Fen of Serech. He's a blondie, so it figures. Could be a balrog in the background:

1644932510597.png

Article here

The meteor is:

The meteor is the character seen holding the harfoot Nori’s hand in the final shot of the teaser. Probably this is (my guess) a Maia, either one of the Istari crash-landing upon arrival from Valinor (yes, I know they aren’t supposed to be sent til TA 1110, but that’s not going to stop Amazon, since it’s confirmed they’re going to compress and scramble the canonical timeline in several other major ways), or just possibly Sauron himself in a form that will gain the trust of the ones to whom he is appearing (“benevolent” old man to gain the young harfoot’s trust for some reason). There’s a very brief shot in the trailer of this man being helped out of a burning crater.
I'd thought as much - everyone likes a Wizard, right?

Lore faithful? - Sure. In Tolkien's later writings, he changed the name of the Blue Wizards from "Alatar and Pallando" to "Rómestámo and Morinehtar," and moved them from the Third Age to the Second.

I hope this does very well and that eventually it all works out. I won't be able to watch it, because streaming. So once it airs, a spoiler post would be appreciated.

Also the dwarf is hot, I'd mine that. lol

Remove ads