[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I am not sure this is an example of "not Galadriel" in my mind. Because she's possibly the greatest elf after Fëanor and possibly Luthien. If Fingolfin can ride to Angband and challenge Morgoth to a single duel (and expect to have a chance of winning) after frightening all of Angband's host, an "even superior elf" might be able to be that badass. It's not explicitely within their abilities, but not "out of character".
She was said to be the greatest with the possible exception of Feanor. They were on par. Fingolfin, though, had no chance of winning. Wounding Morgoth 8 times was about as good as it was going to get.

That said, none of them could swim an entire ocean, which is why she, Feanor, Fingolfin and all the rest either had to take a ship, or walk the Helcaraxe.
I'd be easier if the she was a totally new character because of her reckless behaviour -- that fits better the other noldor princes of her immediate family.
I agree.

Edit: Didn't see the mod post until after I posted this. I won't post again in this part of the discussion. :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
You maybe could say that her kryptonite was her thirst for revenge.
Yeah, she's a Greek hero-level character, so she's not going to have Kryptonite, she's going to have a heroic flaw. In her case, her mission blinds her to other possibilities and pushes friends and allies away from her.

(Also, the Superman Problem was created by people who don't know how to write Superman. The way to challenge Superman is to throw challenges at him that he can't just punch. That's why the best version of Lex Luthor is a businessman, not a jackass in powered armor. Superman can punch jackasses in powered armor; he can't punch tort law.)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To avoid banned specifics, I'll just say I am exceedingly familiar with Tolkien's writings about the 2nd Age, and I am totally okay with the changes in RoP. I just see it as icing on the cake, or ice cream with the cake, or some other enjoyable dessert metaphor!
Yup, there is no such correlation.

Remove ads