[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I'm the opposite. I hate trailers that tell the story. to each their own!
I don't want to be told the story either - I hate trailers that make me feel like I don't need to see the movie now.

What I was trying to say is that I want a trailer that lays out who some of the major players are and what they're up against. The trailers and teasers this far have shown us snippets of some important characters, and make it clear that Galadriel is a main character, but only that they're up against...evil.

The dialogue in this new trailer sounds like it could have been lifted from the LOTR movies, with the lines about the evil they face sounding like a rehash of LOTR. I know it won't be that but, again, the people I've watched the trailers with who aren't big Tolkien fans are underwhelmed, to the point that I haven't recommended the teasers or trailers yet to anyone.

Obviously YMMV. That's cool.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
but only that they're up against...evil.
It's Sauron. The show is about him way back when before he was an eye in the sky and when he was forging the rings of power (thus the title). At least that's the impression I've gotten from the marketing.

But when it comes down to it, an early teaser doesn't need to tell you any more because (a) there will be lots more (tons more, so much you'll be sick of it) marketing as we get closer to the show in September and (b) when it launches everybody will be talking about it. Everybody. This teaser is just a reminder it's coming, nothing more.

Don't worry, you won't be left in the dark wondering whether you should watch this show or not. You won't be able to escape info about it. It's the most expensive show ever made. They'll be on every chat show. There will be ads and teasers and trailers everywhere. Every podcast and website will have breakdowns and rumours and summaries and previews. The news will talk about it!

I imagine we'll get to the point where we'll be avoiding previews and stuff due to spoilers. Luckily right now we're just at the early 'bookmark' stage of the marketing.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Oh man, maybe we should have the when its ok to spoil or not talk again before September?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
It's Sauron. The show is about him way back when before he was an eye in the sky and when he was forging the rings of power (thus the title). At least that's the impression I've gotten from the marketing.

But when it comes down to it, an early teaser doesn't need to tell you any more because (a) there will be lots more (tons more, so much you'll be sick of it) marketing as we get closer to the show in September and (b) when it launches everybody will be talking about it. Everybody. This teaser is just a reminder it's coming, nothing more.

Don't worry, you won't be left in the dark wondering whether you should watch this show or not. You won't be able to escape info about it. It's the most expensive show ever made. They'll be on every chat show. There will be ads and teasers and trailers everywhere. Every podcast and website will have breakdowns and rumours and summaries and previews. The news will talk about it!

I imagine we'll get to the point where we'll be avoiding previews and stuff due to spoilers. Luckily right now we're just at the early 'bookmark' stage of the marketing.
Good point: by the time this premieres, anyone confused by what it's about and if they want to watch it will have had ample information from which to figure that out.

Anyway, tere's no confusion in my mind about whether I'll watch it!

I guess I'm just anxious for the hub-bub to reach a point where the people I'm most likely to watch it with and talk about it with will be excited to watch it.

Finally watched the new trailer with the family, and without any comment from me they unanimously said it was just as vague as the teasers and not very interesting. :(

Remove ads