[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

reviews are in of 1st 2 episodes (ign and comicbook). Both say first episode slow but IGN says second episode makes up for first episode flaws and gives it an 8/10. Both say its gorgeous

Ryujin

Legend
Now I want Amazon to make a dour bleak police procedural set during the events of the Akallabêth. Slap some pointy ears on David Tennant and spend a hundred million or so. Is that too much to ask?
I think that I would prefer a dour and bleak procedural set in modern day, starring David Tennant and Michael Sheen, as demonic and angelic police officers keeping the peace, between the two warring factions.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
1st episode looks amazing. I want to live with the elves and visit the harfoots.

Not only are elves immortal, but have regeneration also?

1st episode looks amazing. I want to live with the elves and visit the harfoots.

It indeed looks great. Hard to say about the story though.

Not only are elves immortal, but have regeneration also?

Yeah, that's from Tolkien:
Their spirits were tenacious therefore of life 'in the raiment of Arda', and far excelled the spirits of Men in power over that 'raiment', even from the first days protecting their bodies from many ills and assaults (such as disease), and healing them swiftly of injuries, so that they recovered from wounds that would have proved fatal to Men.

They can't regenerate lost limbs though, as evidenced by Maedhros.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm amused that the actress who play Nori is 21 but she looks 12. I wonder if they had to deage her.

After 2 episodes this is a mixed bag for me
most times special effects are amazing especially episode 2. Episode 1 had some minor "this looks fake parts"
i totally see the politics/agenda that will be heavily criticized
The dwarf family scenes were really bad in the acting area. strong vibes from the 90's dinosaur sitcom where dad comes home. im grumpy but not grumpy was awful

Questions
is that a wringwraith sword hilt that the kid has?
are they just making up some of the lore? i know who spaceman is but was this in the books/papers?

I thought it was fine. They leaned more into fantasy over realism, but this isn't too unexpected, as this is more an age of legends that the LotR setting.

GreyLord

Legend
After 2 episodes this is a mixed bag for me
most times special effects are amazing especially episode 2. Episode 1 had some minor "this looks fake parts"
i totally see the politics/agenda that will be heavily criticized
The dwarf family scenes were really bad in the acting area. strong vibes from the 90's dinosaur sitcom where dad comes home. im grumpy but not grumpy was awful

Questions
is that a wringwraith sword hilt that the kid has?
are they just making up some of the lore? i know who spaceman is but was this in the books/papers?

I thought it was implicit that they were going to be making stuff up as their source material that they are allowed to use is extremely limited.

Note: I have not watched the series or even part of it at this point.

Remove ads