[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Perhaps his transformation was disrupted in some way, leaving him is some half-orc/half-elf state? Maybe he is the result of the first attempts at creating orcs from elves long ago, and it just did not go 100%? This position and longevity could lead to him being named "father" by other orcs. :unsure:
I was thinking may be the Orcs refer to him as Father because he quite literally is their Father - maybe the implication is that Orcs are’nt just corrupted elfs, they are the ‘true’ breed of elfs

I took that to be an ignorant man seeing "omens" in something and taking it for Sauron's return. He didn't strike me as someone with a lot of knowledge of what the signs of Sauron's return would be.
not so ignorant given he did have possession of the Hilt and knew what it could do. Maybe a low level servant of Morgoth who managed to recover the hilt and has kept the faith for a long long time.

I'm thinking Adar might have helped Morgoth create the orcs. Would be nice if there were a few BBEG other than Sauron around to keep things interesting.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The destruction myths rely on either a single God or a pantheon with one head gid that sets all morality.
That is false. Most European pantheons, for instance, do not all agree with eachother or their “head god” on morality, yet most still have myths of their gods destroying stuff.

There are often gods who war with eachother. The real world just doesn’t have the idea of cosmic alignment like D&D.
Krynn is more like 3 separate pantheons with no "true morality" as each pantheon rewards its followers with eternal life and elevated positions for its faithful after death.
Okay?

Ok interesting episode but I have lots of questions
The elf at the tree battle story? Was that the current king
The king story a lie?
The angelic people? These the same as gandolf
The wargs in the forest? Were the wargs created by Sauron or mystery elf
The boat at the end. How many of these are actually Tolkien creations?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I missed something, was The Stranger freezing his own arm/leg? After Nori ran away I noticed the trees moving. Did The Stranger cause it or were they speaking to each other?

Sacrosanct

Legend
So does the gauntlet of "father" pretty much prove that's Sauron? I thought the prevailing theory he was a disgraced elf (name starts with an M, but I can't recall the whole thing. Meaglin maybe?)

MarkB

Legend
I loved the walking song. Especially the echo of Bilbo's rhyme about Aragorn at the end, suggesting it's destined to survive being passed down through many generations of harfoots and hobbits.

Ryujin

Legend
When Elrond looks at his piece of Mithril and then turns to look at the sky, isn't that The Stranger's constellation that he's looking up at?

Kaodi

Hero
If Adar is one of the M-named Sons of Feanor that survived that would certainly be a twist. And it might even explain why he reacted to such hostility to the name of Sauron: Sauron was a willing servant of Morgoth, whereas the orcs are merely Morgoth's "creation" .

But in any case I came here to say that this plot line where if the elves do not get mithril they will wither away in less than a year is just every kind of stupid. Like, the shows origin of mithril is interesting, if unnecessary. But this whole, "Wow, good thing we found this this year or we would all be toast," is just bloody insane.

Remove ads