• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lost Son ( IC Adventure Thread)

Arabesu

Grubnar probes the ground cover every so often with the butt of his poleaxe, "Maybe boy fall down, hit head. Could be under leaves. Hmm. Should we call out to him? How fresh is trail, Tor?"

When not probing the ground, he mostly looks directly ahead in the direction they are traveling, i.e. northeast. From time to time he also scans from northeast to north to cover that direction.

OOC: modifier +2 (i.e. wisdom); FYI he will bump this and listen up using some of the optional rules in the OOC thread ASAP.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Following the Trail

Tor leads the party off to the north. Following the four hour old trail. (This keeps the creek off to your left.) Alittle less than a hundred yards up stream there is a path that follows the creek, and it seems young Nebin ran out onto it and headed north.

[sblock=Tor & Grubnar] As your walking along (before finding the path) you notice ripples in the creek. That wouldn't be a bad thing had they been flowing down stream with the current instead of up. They also stop when your party stops to inspect the path.Weird.[/sblock]

[sblock= Fethwynyth & Midias] Sorry guys you didn't make your spot checks. I'm sure for any number of reasons. I can't think of any now but
I 'm sure you two can think of something.[/sblock]

Time till sundown: 40 min

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth Elf Evoker1, AC13/T13/FF10, HP4

Fethwynyth, as usual, is paying more attention to the forest than anything else. At the moment, he is so wrapped up in tree-watching that he notices little else. "I just LOVE the forest! Sigh....."

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

"Yes, Feth, and look at that cloud formations..."
[Sblock=Stats]AC: 17
Touch: 11
Flatfooted: 16

HP: 10 / 10
Turn Undead: 7 / 7

(Domains: Healing, Sun)
Spells Memorized 3/1+1+1
0 Level: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command

Speed: 30'
Init: +1

SAVES:
Base Abil Mod Misc Total
Fort: +2 +2 +4
Ref: 0 +1 +1
Will: +2 +2 +4

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
Morningstar +2 1d8+2 20/X2
Dagger +1 1d4+1 19-20/X2 Range: 10 feet
L. Crossbow +1 1d8 19-20/X2 Range: 80 feet

Languages: Common, Celestial
[/Sblock]

Jerrand Redband

First Post
LOL DM is laughing so hard I may skip this encounter. lol NOT!! lol
No that was funny you two thanks

It is quiet in this part of the forest an ominous quiet you can cut with a blade. The birds have long since gone to their beds, but the noise of other forest animals and even the wind in the trees should be heard all around you. The creek is deep and runs slowly to the south it's brown waters make no sound as they pass by on their way to meet the river. Quiet to quiet.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Guess you didn't realize that you had a budding comedy team in your campaign, did you? ;)

[sblock=Dad]"Feth" likes the new nickname, thanks![/sblock]

Jerrand Redband

First Post
OOG: Wish we were all around the table like I'm about to do now. That would be fun.Hi Everybody from Jake/Brotaz."

Placeholder for really big (10' tall) bad things to come.

Edit: fixed Rogue's Gallery (thanks Leif) gtg be on tommorrow after work just need any reactions from Grubnar and Tor.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Fethwynyth Elf Evoker1, AC13/T13/FF10, HP4

"Yes, the trail should be very fresh, considering that they boy was just taken. I don't imagine that the boy's captors would have spent any more time than was necessary in getting to someplace where they felt safe. Can you tell about how many people are in the group that we are following?"

Walking Dad

First Post
"Any tracks from other creatures? Like big upwalking lizards?"
[Sblock=Stats]AC: 17
Touch: 11
Flatfooted: 16

HP: 10 / 10
Turn Undead: 7 / 7

(Domains: Healing, Sun)
Spells Memorized 3/1+1+1
0 Level: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command