The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons: 1970-1977

D&D General The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons: 1970-1977 Coming In June

This is cool. I will buy it.

But I honestly I was hoping for a more intense 50 year celebration box set. If I was WOTC I would have put out a box set with a new adventure for every version of D&D and then labeled them with the old alpha numeric codes.

The Silver anniversary set had a lost module L3, they did a 1e adventure to add to the Slave Lord book. I would have loved to see some first rate new products in the old trade dress for all the versions (Even 4e).

Bonus points if they had pregens and quick start rules so you could play through them in order. Progressing through the versions with the same party. Let people see how the game changed.

zenopus

Doomed Wizard
One thing that I just noticed that the years in the title have changed from "1970-1976" in the original press release to "1970-1977" in the new press release. The new mock-up cover also has 1977. The Amazon product page has 1976 in the title, but shows the mockup with 1977 in it!

Does this mean it will cover Holmes Basic (released in 1977)?
8)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
One thing that I just noticed that the years in the title have changed from "1970-1976" in the original press release to "1970-1977" in the new press release. The new mock-up cover also has 1977. The Amazon product page has 1976 in the title, but shows the mockup with 1977 in it!

Does this mean it will cover Holmes Basic (released in 1977)?
8)
I would guess not, though maybe in reference towards the end. The topic seems pretty clearly to be just OD&D.

Remove ads