The Mandalorian | Official Trailer | Disney+ | Streaming Nov. 12

Zardnaar

Legend
In the old legends material Han wasn't the first.

I gave it a like anyway, looks good so far and wanted to know more about some of the other characters.

Season 7 of the Clone Wars is incoming as well.

The question is will the Mandalorian talk.
The Mandalorians were fleshed out alit in the old legends material.

MarkB

Legend
Somebody in carbonite? It's become common practice since they tried it with Solo, then.
You'd certainly think so from how much it's used in various Star Wars games and other media. It's the downside of everyone extrapolating from limited examples - one bounty hunter brings in their target in carbonite, simply because they happened to be somewhere that had a carbon-freezing facility and a completely different dude used their bounty as a test subject, and suddenly every bounty hunter in Star Wars fiction is using it as a matter of course.

In the Bioware Star Wars games bounty hunters use wrist-mounted carbonite sprayers - no need for expensive, room-filling machinery to safely package your target, apparently, just give them a quick squirt and they're good to go.

MarkB

Legend
The Mandalorians were fleshed out alit in the old legends material.
Several times over, as I recall - at least, the Clone Wars cartoons (later built upon by Rebels) had a rather different take than the EU novels, which didn't always agree with each other. We'll have to see which way they take it in this series.

Zardnaar

Legend
I dont know what "old legends" is, but I saw the movies, and he was defintely the first.

Legends is the old EU. All the old games, books, comics etc.

They had a planet where Carbonite was mined the Empress Teta system which was prominant in the Tales if the Jedi.

Legends was responsible for the Star Wars revival in the 90s and it's where Thrawns and the TIE Defender come from which have been added back into the new cannon.

It's also where things like double bladed lightsabers and the planet of Coruscant come from so it still influences Star Wars now.

They also lifted a huge amount of plot from legends in the new trilogy with the names filed off.

Remove ads