The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did not see that coming. I was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and the post credit scene. There was a little bit of uncanny valley going on, as is usually the case with these kinds of effects, but it was pretty well done. Also, the Tie Fighter launching looked amazing.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well, I did not see that coming. I was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and the post credit scene. There was a little bit of uncanny valley going on, as is usually the case with these kinds of effects, but it was pretty well done. Also, the Tie Fighter launching looked amazing.

Shades of the old TIE fighter game there. Was funny seeing Sasha Banks pop a wrestling move and take a bump in Mandalorian armor.

Last edited:

I'll hide my comment for those who haven't watched yet as it pertains to a plot point concerning the darksaber:

The premise here is that Moff Gideon provoked Din into fighting him, expecting that Din would best him and win the darksaber, thus "spoiling" Bo-Katan's claim to it. As he anticipated, she refuses to take it from Din when he offers it to her.

As much as I like how the tables have turned somewhat in this scene, with the "fundamentalist" Din being more open-minded about things than Bo-Katan, I was also like "But ... but ... Sabine gave Bo-Katan the darksaber in Rebels and she didn't have a problem with it then!"

Thoughts?
Well, she is a few years wiser now, and Mandalore isn't in her hand, and in ruins, apparently. So maybe she learned Gideon's lesson the hard way. It didn't actually work out without "the story".

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I adored that, yep you can pick plot holes in it, but for 50 mins I felt like childhood me watching a new hope for the first time, I'm a pretty cynical person but that left me awestruck.
When the lone Xwing came in I was glued to the screen. As the scenes unfolded I could actually feel my pulse quicken. I enjoyed every second up until that point but I just got that feeling when the ship came on screen. The rest was magic. For a Star Wars property to give me that feeling again was unbelievable. I just hope I don't have to wait another 40 years to feel it again.

Zardnaar

Legend
When the lone Xwing came in I was glued to the screen. As the scenes unfolded I could actually feel my pulse quicken. I enjoyed every second up until that point but I just got that feeling when the ship came on screen. The rest was magic. For a Star Wars property to give me that feeling again was unbelievable. I just hope I don't have to wait another 40 years to feel it again.

Yeah I was half expecting a subversion.

MarkB

Legend
I'll hide my comment for those who haven't watched yet as it pertains to a plot point concerning the darksaber:

The premise here is that Moff Gideon provoked Din into fighting him, expecting that Din would best him and win the darksaber, thus "spoiling" Bo-Katan's claim to it. As he anticipated, she refuses to take it from Din when he offers it to her.

As much as I like how the tables have turned somewhat in this scene, with the "fundamentalist" Din being more open-minded about things than Bo-Katan, I was also like "But ... but ... Sabine gave Bo-Katan the darksaber in Rebels and she didn't have a problem with it then!"

Thoughts?
Sabine won the Darksaber, helped Bo-Katan to unseat Mandalore's pro-Imperial rulership, then gave the Darksaber to her with full support for her claim to the throne, amid the acclaim of multiple Mandalorian houses pledging their loyalty to her.

Din tried to pass her the thing like it was an unpleasant piece of garbage he wanted to get rid of, in front of a bunch of assorted gunslingers.

Zardnaar

Legend
Sabine won the Darksaber, helped Bo-Katan to unseat Mandalore's pro-Imperial rulership, then gave the Darksaber to her with full support for her claim to the throne, amid the acclaim of multiple Mandalorian houses pledging their loyalty to her.

Din tried to pass her the thing like it was an unpleasant piece of garbage he wanted to get rid of, in front of a bunch of assorted gunslingers.

As she said it's the story around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads