The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dire Bare

Legend
A season or two following a different Mandalorian? A scifi American Horror Story?
Interesting comparison.

Hollywood tried this with the TV show "Heroes", each season was supposed to be a new story with new characters . . . but they got cold feet and tried to stretch out the Season 1 cast, to disastrous results. I just learned that Star Trek: Discovery was originally intended to follow a similar pattern, with Season 1 following Michael Burnham the mutineer, and later seasons telling new stories with new ships and new characters . . . but that got changed in development.

A Star Wars show that has a theme (Mandalorians) but every season or two switches it up to follow different Mandalorians? I'm down for that! As much as I (and everybody else) love the Baby Yoda & Mando story, it couldn't last forever. If you have to follow it up with something, Boba Fett taking over Tatooine's underworld isn't a bad way to go!

pukunui

Legend
Yes - which matches with the progression they went through in Dark Forces.
Right. They started out as a guy in a suit, followed by a cyborg hybrid, followed by a full droid, right?

And based on the comments about “who’s in the suit”, it would seem that the dark troopers aren’t wholly unknown in-universe.

pukunui

Legend
A Star Wars show that has a theme (Mandalorians) but every season or two switches it up to follow different Mandalorians? I'm down for that! As much as I (and everybody else) love the Baby Yoda & Mando story, it couldn't last forever. If you have to follow it up with something, Boba Fett taking over Tatooine's underworld isn't a bad way to go!
Same! If Mando S3 is about Boba, maybe S4 will be about Bo-Katan’s quest to reclaim Mandalore.

MarkB

Legend
And based on the comments about “who’s in the suit”, it would seem that the dark troopers aren’t wholly unknown in-universe.
Nah, I think Mando just heard "dark troopers" and assumed they were yet another variant of Imperial trooper.

pukunui

Legend
Weren't they a suit in the 3rd stage there with stage 2 being droids?
Yeah. I just checked Wookieepedia. The phase 0 troopers were the Vader-like cyborgs. Phases 1 and 2 were fully droid. Phase 3 was a droid that could also be “worn” as an exosuit. So I guess they’ve remixed it a bit for the new canon.

Nah, I think Mando just heard "dark troopers" and assumed they were yet another variant of Imperial trooper.
Yeah, maybe. I was expecting them to make a bigger deal of the fact they were droids given how much Mando hates/fears droids, but they didn’t really.

pukunui

Legend
Maybe. Maybe not. Some interesting ideas here:

Not sure what the author means about Boba's story being a prequel, as the fact that Boba is wearing his freshly painted armor in the post-credits scene requires that it takes place after this season of The Mandalorian, I can get behind the idea that it's going to be an extremely-limited run thing, possibly as short as three episodes, and that season 3 of The Mandalorian will follow it immediately.

Whatever the case, I sincerely hope that Din's next quest is to help Bo-Katan retake Mandalore. And I hope that they are able to find a way for Bo-Katan to reclaim the darksaber without having to kill Din to get it -- although Din didn't have to kill Gideon to make the darksaber belong to him, so there is that. It seems like they've turned the darksaber into something akin to the Elder Wand here.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads