The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
If the show requires a small puppet to keep its audience, it’s a poor, poor show hinging on a gimmick and doesn’t deserve to.

I don’t believe that. This show has so much more to give.
The Office (American version) required Michael Scott to keep its audience. That doesn't make the show bad, it just means people were there for the characters they liked, and when they leave, the viewers get disappointed and watch it less.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Office (American version) required Michael Scott to keep its audience. That doesn't make the show bad, it just means people were there for the characters they liked, and when they leave, the viewers get disappointed and watch it less.
Well, OK then. You go ahead and stop watching it. I’m going to carry on watching it. :)

Dire Bare

Legend
I'm gonna keep watching it. I was just explaining why people may leave the show if Grogu leaves, and why that doesn't make the show "weak".
Now that Luke is Grogu's guardian . . . . Din Djarin will just need to find a new, super-cute alien baby to foster. Season 3, after "The Book of Boba Fett" storyline, will be about Djarin visiting a space orphanage and adopting an adorable little tyke to adventure with. In Season 4, the two foster kids of Djarin meet and don't get along . . .

pukunui

Legend
The relationship between Din and Grogu was a big part of the appeal of the show. It was fun watching their dynamic.

That said, we knew it would have to end at some point, as he was “quested” with returning Grogu to the Jedi. (EDIT: Frankly, I’m pleased they resolved this storyline instead of dragging it out and milking it for as long as they could like most American shows.)

It will be interesting to see where they take the show next. I expect we will see a resolution to the Bo-Katan / darksaber / reclaiming Mandalore plot.

I can still see Din becoming the new Mand’alor instead of Bo-Katan.

I wonder if we will ever see the Armorer again. It could be interesting for Din to encounter her again and have a full-on reckoning of his cult-like upbringing vs mainstream Mandalorian culture.

Last edited:

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
I think The Book of Fett will be a mini-arc, taking place over a handful of episodes and in-show years; Then we'll segue to Din re-uniting with Grogu now a motion-captured child actor, but adolescent in maturity. Fett might even unite the Jawas and Sand People behind Bo Catan's claim for the Mandalorian throne, in return for protection from Hutts and international aid. ;)

MarkB

Legend
I think The Book of Fett will be a mini-arc, taking place over a handful of episodes and in-show years; Then we'll segue to Din re-uniting with Grogu now a motion-captured child actor, but adolescent in maturity. Fett might even unite the Jawas and Sand People behind Bo Catan's claim for the Mandalorian throne, in return for protection from Hutts and international aid. ;)
That would be quite a growth spurt for Grogu. Still, it would explain his appetite.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Oh, yes. I think they've explored "Yoda as toddler" sufficiently; so I think they're going to step up to "Yoda as tween or teen". And while I can't be sure, I think they'll want to pattern him on an actor who can be on set in a mocap suit, and one who can follow direction. Given size restraints, that actor will have to be as small a child as possible that can still be easily directed; (probably multiple children with similar builds; at least mocap means they won't be forced to find twins).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads