The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
Saw episode 5 today. It's not bad. I think I liked it a little more than last week's episode. I do feel like the show is a little disjointed, and the episodes don't build on the previous ones as well as they should. I wouldn't say there is anything especially clever or surprising in episode 5 either.
This was my opinion about this Episode, pretty much. There were a few gems, but overall I thought it was a wasted opportunity. The season is only 8 episodes long, so each one counts.

Plus, it was set in Tatoonine! They could have done SO MUCH there. Like the stormtrooper helmets on pikes. A cool visual (and completely believable, right?) But it didn't feel like a lawless planet. The cantina also was a missed opportunity - did the whole place become civilized now that the Empire is gone?

Pretty low on action, though Ferrec's fight scene was cool (and I'm a big fan of MingNa).

I actually LOL's during the "You done?" scene. Comedic timing was perfect. And I liked the tusken raider scene too - not surprising but I found it was a clever twist.

That being said, this was my least favorite episode but I am still enjoying the series. Episode 4 is growing on me. I re-watched it a few times and I liked the action, moments with Cara, Mando and Baby Yoda and the world-building. The first three episodes set a high bar.

Here's hoping it picks up and ends with a bang come season's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads