• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB

Legend
Pre Vizla lost though.

In the old EU some did go hand to hand with Jedi and win mostly Mandalorians. They kind of cheated though.

Boba Fett trained Leia's and Hans daughter to fight dirty. Was an interesting way they did it.

They had anti Jedi stuff (cortosis, phrik, ysalmari etc) as well which doesn't exist in the new cannon.
The Mandalorian seems to have upgraded Beskar to being practically on par with Cortosis for resisting lightsabers.

And there's always the chance that Gideon has/will perfect his midichlorian-infusing treatment and apply it to himself.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
What do you guys think of my theory upthread that we might end up seeing Mando getting the darksaber and becoming the new leader of Mandalore? Or do you think they'll keep Bo-Katan in that role?
I think it more likely that he would leave leading to Bo-Katan and be a wandering hero of Mandalore.

Zardnaar

Legend
The Mandalorian seems to have upgraded Beskar to being practically on par with Cortosis for resisting lightsabers.

And there's always the chance that Gideon has/will perfect his midichlorian-infusing treatment and apply it to himself.

Cortosis shorted lightsabers out but it was fragile so cortosis weave was used.

Beskar is basically Beskar' Gam from legends.

pukunui

Legend
Fair points all. I still think Mando could "level up" to being a leader type at some point, though. But maybe that's not in keeping with the western gunslinger in space aesthetic.

I'm still a bit bemused about the Obi-Wan series that is supposedly in the works. I like that Ewan MacGregor wants to reprise his role, but I'm just not sure what it would be about. I mean, it's supposedly going to be set during the Dark Times. What's Obi-Wan going to be doing besides growing prematurely old as a hermit in the desert?

I'm still a bit bemused about the Obi-Wan series that is supposedly in the works. I like that Ewan MacGregor wants to reprise his role, but I'm just not sure what it would be about. I mean, it's supposedly going to be set during the Dark Times. What's Obi-Wan going to be doing besides growing prematurely old as a hermit in the desert?

Probably dealing with attempts to kill him and/or find and kill Luke. Or maybe he goes off-world to find and help other surviving Jedi. There may be appearances by Yoda or Ahsoka, now that she is part of the live-action world. I just wonder if this will be about the immediate time after he goes to Tatooine or in the few years in between him killing Maul on Rebels and when he appears in the original movie.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
She wasn't a fully trained Jedi. She left the order before becoming a Knight; she was still technically a Padawan of the order when she walked out on it, refusing the rank of Knight. Her own Master was not himself a Master (and never became one, because the Council - while letting him sit on it - refused him that rank).
Yes, she was! She was a Jedi Knight literally in all but name. She left after being offered that rank. That literally means she had the skill and knowledge of a jedi knight, and thus in game mechanics terms, she had the game mechanical element made to represent that.

The idea that the PrC merely represents in-fiction membership is completely, unsalvageably, absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads