The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It felt at times like a Western, which was cool, giving off a Fist Full of Dollars vibe. The settings were nicely done and OMG baby Yoda! or at least a baby of his species. IIRC, Lucas didn't want to revel his species when he was in control. So,either Yoda is reincarnated or we'll finally figure out what his species really is.

Nebulous

Legend
I thought it was a decent episode. The highlight was easily IG-88 as voiced by Taika Waititi laying waste to the marauders. That was badass.

I thought it was a decent episode. The highlight was easily IG-88 as voiced by Taika Waititi laying waste to the marauders. That was badass.
the closed captioning say IG-11 not 88, I wonder if he's dead or if he will be back for vengeance or something.

Also did you notice what alien was getting roasted? (haha)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
There was another of Yoda species back in Phantom Menace, so I wouldn’t hold your breath on them revealing anything, even if they show more of them...

On another note, damn I hate disney for not giving us the service yet here in europe. I want to see this series!

Last edited:

RSIxidor

Adventurer
the closed captioning say IG-11 not 88, I wonder if he's dead or if he will be back for vengeance or something.

Also did you notice what alien was getting roasted? (haha)

Indeed, it is IG-11. Filoni mentioned in an interview that they didn't want to step on the stories from Legends. That said, IG-88 has done a few things even in canon, including existing sometime after The Battle of Takodana in ABY 34. He exists at at about 9 ABY, which is when the show takes place, though nothing in canon is known of it between 4 ABY (when he tried to infiltrate the Death Star II) and after ABY 34. Leaves a lot of room for existing legends material to take place alongside new-canon stories.

There was another of Yoda species back in episode 1, so I wouldn’t hold your breath on then revealing anything, even if they show more of them...

This is a very young Yoda-species, though. It could be the first time the species is named in the fiction (that's never happened, even in legends). I don't expect it to be incredibly big news but the young creature means that there had to have at least been its parents (or maybe just parent, we've got no clue how they reproduce). There's a lot we could learn about the species, even if small things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases