The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardnaar

Legend
I was trying to be silly. The Mandalorian is not Boba Fett. His backstory as a "foundling", rather than as a clone, has already been established in the first couple of episodes.

However, in episode 3 the Mandalorian gets kinda jealous of another character who does have a jetpack, and says, "I've got to get one of those!"

Also, the Mandalorian's ship, the Razor Crest, is waaaay cooler than Slave-1. Yeah, I'm going there.

I don't think it's Fett either.

Live action jetpack was cool. They did that in Rebels so watch that if you have Disney+ imho.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I'm pretty confident Boba Fett is still digesting in the Sarlacc's stomach on Tatooine. None of the Mandalorians in this new show are Boba Fett.

The titular Mandalorian himself isn't Boba Fett either, of course . . . . but he most certainly is Fett's spiritual successor. Fett himself is not needed, and having him pop back into the story would be silly and irritating.

The only thing Fett had going for him anyway was a cool outfit and a reputation for disintegrations. Our new Mandalorian has all of that and he's a badass to boot! With a soft spot for baby aliens, awwww . . .

Also, Mando has Fett’s rifle from the holiday special, so it would be even more weird for them to bring Fett back.

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
I really liked the world building in Ep3 - learning more of the Mandalores, how they’re intentionally hiding and how they’re rebuilding their culture (and numbers)? What’s the Great Purge all about anyway?

This is the way.

Zardnaar

Legend
I really liked the world building in Ep3 - learning more of the Mandalores, how they’re intentionally hiding and how they’re rebuilding their culture (and numbers)? What’s the Great Purge all about anyway?

This is the way.

Not sure about the great purge but the planet was occupied by the empire.

There was an event in Rebels where they got wrecked by the Empire.

But the Mandalores are not united, these ones could be deathwatch remnants, or some clan that got on the wrong side of the Empire.

Looks like the purge is not the Rebels event I was thinking of.

One if them is clan Vizla which were in Rebels.

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
They should rename the show for season 2.

The Baby Yoda Show Featuring the Mandalorian.

Yay/nay?
Nay. Yes, Baby Yoda is a big deal. But the show should focus on the Mandalorian. One thing I’m really enjoying is how they are fleshing out the culture of the Mandalore.

I’m betting this story arc will be resolved by the end of Season 1 (though leave open possible continuations). I really hope Baby Yoda gets to a safe place (and it’s not with the Mandalorian).

The third episode was interesting. Although the show never clearly states where and when it takes place, it is now perfectly clear that this is post Return of the Jedi, and pre The Force Awakens. I noticed there was a brief musical reference to the First Order in this episode (at the beginning of the episode, when the Mandalorian lands), but as of yet they have not appeared. This eliminates a lot of fan theories. The episode also makes clear that this is not Fett, if it weren't already painfully obvious. We are also shown that Jawa's appear on other worlds as well, which means the sand planet we saw earlier does not need to be Tattooine.

The episode also fleshes out Mandalorian culture further, which was interesting to see. It also seems we have a reocurring bad guy.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads