The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I was trying to be silly. The Mandalorian is not Boba Fett. His backstory as a "foundling", rather than as a clone, has already been established in the first couple of episodes.

However, in episode 3 the Mandalorian gets kinda jealous of another character who does have a jetpack, and says, "I've got to get one of those!"

Also, the Mandalorian's ship, the Razor Crest, is waaaay cooler than Slave-1. Yeah, I'm going there.

The Razor Crest reminds me both of the Slave-1 and the Serenity.

Which is to say, I like it a lot.
My new favorite way to end an argument is now "I have spoken"

I keep trying that on my toddlers 'It is time for sleep. I have spoken"

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm interested in the Madolorian culture being fleshed out. I hope we see more of that.

I don't quite get why the others helped Mando at the end of the episode. It's not like they are all that worried about honor and clearly some of them would have liked to get their hands on his armor.....

cmad1977

Hero
I'm interested in the Madolorian culture being fleshed out. I hope we see more of that.

I don't quite get why the others helped Mando at the end of the episode. It's not like they are all that worried about honor and clearly some of them would have liked to get their hands on his armor.....

My personal vibe is that it has to do with the Mandalorians diminished numbers. Maybe if one is in trouble, those available must come to help. Survival and all. Who knows.

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
My personal vibe is that it has to do with the Mandalorians diminished numbers. Maybe if one is in trouble, those available must come to help. Survival and all. Who knows.
That's how I took it. It's obvious they don't like each other necessarily but "our survival is our strength". Some things I was thinking:
  • They're hiding, not wanting to show their numbers, and it was caused by the Empire. But they're gone now - so now what?
  • They mention the Great Purge - was this done by the Empire? I'm assuming that's the case. But there's a Battle Droid?
  • Pretty cool they have to stick together ("This is the Way"), even to the extent of exposing their coventry. That was a big deal, but done subtly (which I loved).
I'm just glad that we're seeing the dark, grittier side of SW - something that really hasn't been focused on, at least not in live action. I really hope they don't go all "Jedi" on us for THIS show.

Zardnaar

Legend
Rewatched episode one. They referenced themselves as the tribe.

The Great Purge wasn't clone wars, the Empire was occupying Mandalore in Rebels which is 9 years before The Mandalore.

One of the Mandalorians is a Vizla, they're a clan back on Mandalore.

The great purge would have happened in that timeframe. The tribe are clan survivors or survivors of the great purge who are wanting to go back to the old ways.

Most Mandalores don't wear the armor. Most Mandalorians might be dead in the great purge idk.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
That's how I took it. It's obvious they don't like each other necessarily but "our survival is our strength". Some things I was thinking:
  • They're hiding, not wanting to show their numbers, and it was caused by the Empire. But they're gone now - so now what?
  • They mention the Great Purge - was this done by the Empire? I'm assuming that's the case. But there's a Battle Droid?
  • Pretty cool they have to stick together ("This is the Way"), even to the extent of exposing their coventry. That was a big deal, but done subtly (which I loved).
I'm just glad that we're seeing the dark, grittier side of SW - something that really hasn't been focused on, at least not in live action. I really hope they don't go all "Jedi" on us for THIS show.
As long as it doesn’t become Sopranos In Space, I’m fine with it.

Star Wars Should never be that. Not even tangentially.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
We are also shown that Jawa's appear on other worlds as well, which means the sand planet we saw earlier does not need to be Tattooine.
It definitely wasn't Tatooine. There's no rain on Tatooine, no water in runnels, and the Jawas have yellow eyes. Definitely no edible frogs. ;)

They're hiding, not wanting to show their numbers, and it was caused by the Empire. But they're gone now - so now what?

That is not entirely true, technically. While indeed the Empire has fallen apart, there are a lot of emperials remaining. It is these groups that probably gave rise to the First Order. We see some of them in the show.

They mention the Great Purge - was this done by the Empire? I'm assuming that's the case. But there's a Battle Droid?

The Great Purge was indeed a conflict between the Empire and the Mandalorians. It is the reason they now live in secrecy.

I got the impression that the fact that The Mandalorian was dealing with the empire, created a lot of resentment among his own people. It is a sensative issue. The Empire forced them all into hiding. So to have him turn on his employer was a reason for them to back him up.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
From the other canon there's no empire. In this they say episode 1 there's no empire only warlords.

Empires already surrendered after Jakku, the First Order seeds are already out in the unknown regions.

In the new canon they haven't been very clear on the leftover imperials that didn't go join the 1st order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases