The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Bryce Dallas Howard may be a horrible actress, but she directed a darn fine episode. Baby Yoda with the soup is priceless. Mando's comment was just as priceless. I also think with his luck in fights he needs to lay off the flamethrower. He will light himself on fire.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I heard that George Lucas had deliberately stated Yoda's species will always be "unknown" in his canon, and as a joke claimed Yoda was the illegitimate offspring of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.

Yoda had fairly normal eyes. This one has black orbs. It might be a related species.

Mallus

Legend
Bryce Dallas Howard may be a horrible actress, but she directed a darn fine episode. Baby Yoda with the soup is priceless. Mando's comment was just as priceless. I also think with his luck in fights he needs to lay off the flamethrower. He will light himself on fire.
At first I thought the direction was off in the 4th episode. It didn't have that tense, arty, spaghetti western feel of the prior 3 (esp. the 2nd episode). But by the end I realized I had just watched a fair approximation of what a Spielberg-directed Star Wars film would look like. So, yeah, kudos to Bryce Dallas Howard. Great job!

Mookus

Explorer
Four episodes in and I remain totally on board, it's been a hoot to watch.

I had one tiny twinge on the most recent episode when I thought to myself, "Wait, why doesn't he just use those ginormous laser cannons on the front of his ship to rout that entire contingent, AT-ST and all?", but the episode was enough fun it didn't overly detract.

It reminded me of one of my favorite (original) Battlestar Galactica episodes where one of the Colonials (think it was Starbuck) got stuck on a backwater frontier type of settlement alone and the local crime boss had a Cylon enforcer called Old Red Eye.

For the same reason as mentioned upthread re: a single AT-ST, it was refreshing to see a single Cylon warrior such a threat to 'normal' people not used to mowing them down on the battlefield.

Nebulous

Legend
Well. Guess I'm in the minority. #4 was the first episode i didn't like. It seemed like just padding, and rather than an ode to Magnificent Seven it was just a rip off. Acting was wooden, dialog generic, and tension lacking. Still, baby yoda and Mando are awesome.

Zardnaar

Legend
Episode 4 had a different pace.

Scores high for worldbuilding and it was almost as long as any other 1 hour show minus ads.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I do think that episode 4 could have been a little... tighter or maybe more polished. I'm struggling to put my finger on it.

Still I liked more than I disliked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads