"The Marvels" - Teaser

Stalker0

Legend
Just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean they are sexist. I did like it however, but I've said the Kamala Kahn was the best part of phase 4 except for Spiderman: No Way Home.
Have to agree, the first half of Ms Marvel was great, it had a great vibe, Kamala has an infectious personality I just couldn't help but like, the family dynamic is a neat and distinctive one so far in the MCU.

Now I admit the second half had problems, the villains were bad and their ending was a complete headscratcher, almost as if someone burst through the door while they were making scripts and went "OMG we forgot to deal with the villains!"

But two steps forward and one steps back is still decent.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Now I admit the second half had problems, the villains were bad and their ending was a complete headscratcher, almost as if someone burst through the door while they were making scripts and went "OMG we forgot to deal with the villains!"

Yeah the whole disintegration thing was stupid, I was really hoping that the ‘villains’ would succeed in opening a portalnto the Noor dimension - and in doing so open Earth to all the extra dimensional realms like Ta-Lo, KunLun and whatever else is out there. But nope didnt happen

Last edited:

Have to agree, the first half of Ms Marvel was great, it had a great vibe, Kamala has an infectious personality I just couldn't help but like, the family dynamic is a neat and distinctive one so far in the MCU.

The second half should have been a season 2 instead. Season 1 should have been just she's learning her powers, making mistakes, and like in the first half.

GreyLord

Legend
The Trailer looks great! Looks a LOT more fun than I had initially thought it would be. It's taken me from...probably not going to see it, to actually a little excited about it.

I have no idea why anyone would be against the trailer or what it showed. I am completely in the dark about this. What did they find in the trailer that they found so objectionable?

Seemed fine to me. Actually thought it was a great trailer. The movie looks exciting and fun and I think it could be a fun watch!

The Trailer looks great! Looks a LOT more fun than I had initially thought it would be. It's taken me from...probably not going to see it, to actually a little excited about it.

I have no idea why anyone would be against the trailer or what it showed. I am completely in the dark about this. What did they find in the trailer that they found so objectionable?
I'm guessing the three leads all being female?

GreyLord

Legend
Okay...the film was a definite letdown from Thor 3, but it wasn't that bad. Just kinda dumb. I'd still watch it again over Eternals. At least I kind of remember Love and Thunder. The only thing I remember from Eternals is that there is now supposed to be a Madagascar-sized hand coming out of the Earth that apparently has no effects and will never be mentioned again.

Hey, maybe the Marvels will bring it up, or at least show it from up in orbit.

I liked Thor 4. It was fun. The only problem I had with Eternals though was that I was bored out of my mind. I don't know why either. It seemed like it had action sequences and such, but I was just bored through out the movie.

GreyLord

Legend
I'm guessing the three leads all being female?

That's a problem??

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once just won a bunch of Oscars (and I think the three lead characters in that one are all women).

Wierd thing to take issue with. Black Widow had a female lead to it also and that was a Marvel film (actually one of my favorites of the new phase that they put out...Shang Chi was probably the other favorite, with No Way Home rounding out my favorites of the last phase Marvel has had).

The three leads being female, and one of the female leads being Brie Larson, who is known for such terrible and horrendous views as ... checking .... doublechecks ..... pay equity for women.

Yep. Can't make this stuff up, unfortunately.

So, it's a problem with the actress and not the film itself? I suppose that could make a little sense. I know she riled up a bunch of people with some comments she made on the last Marvel film she was the star in (Captain Marvel), but I haven't heard that she had done anything else that big recently. I would think that time would have buried that dagger perhaps...but then...perhaps not I suppose.

Remove ads