The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

J

Jaya Ballard Balla'th

I think the big thing we need to look at is how people are going to React to the afore-mentioend aliens. I somehow doubt people are going to be very accepting of another sentient lifeform in the cities, and before, it was my understanding that they would be exceedingly rare. But no matter what you're playing, be it an alien, Kindred, mutant, Technocrat, or normal everyday John Doe, they have to be able to meld into society with ease - i.e., people running around declaring that they're Uber Mages or Vampires like they do on the Fantasy side just won't stick.

Characters need to be careful of whether or not people know what they are (or aren't) be it alien or Weird-Crazy-Stuff. Frankly, people aren't just going to sit down and have a chat with a lick or some dude shifting into his Wear form.

On a more productive note, I think we need to just dig up another map and pick a decent spot on the island again. ;) Changing landscapes prolly isn't the best idea, as was said, because it affects landmarks and and the general scheme of things.

S

Ssussunriyh

Milos 2003 said:
"...and the resulting oversurge of the grid would cause several fires, long term power outages are always associated with looting, pillaging...basically meaning you could demolish a good part of the city that way."

Urban renewal, Roman style...

I have a tourist's guidebook of Manhattan, a fairly comprehensive one that lists the various attractions and noteworthy local businesses in each neighborhood. Give me some proposed sites, and I can tell you what's there, if anything.

W

WizO_Pounamu

Ok, gotchyas an update. They're just bits and pieces I've picked up and no, there isn't an ETA for the setting yet, sorry.

TMP and the World Trade Center
In the interests of peace on the site, it is best that TMP not be in close enough vicinity to the WTC to have it used as a commonplace landmark etc. This is so that there is less likelihood of it being abused in anyone's eyes, intentionally or unintentionally. Emotions are still understandably high over the event and we can't guarentee that someone won't offend someone else by stating that their character defiles something.

TMP's Bot
It's confirmed, it's a vending machine.
The nightclub will have a vending machine to supply customers with refreshments while there is no live staff for whatever reason.
While a name for it would only be a nickname or model name, and although "Sam" is still on the cards, are there any more suggestions?

And on the topic of bots...
I'm afraid a "dj bot" is completely out at this point. With techies loaded with other things at the moment, the boss isn't going to approve two bots for one room.

IC age/species restrictions
According to current NY regulations etc, the legal drinking age is 21 but people can be on the premises from the age of 16 and at any age if accompanied by their legal guardian/parent. Animals freely roaming are a health concern, dogs or cats often sent to the pound unless a trained seeing-eye dog with its handler.
Do you want this to remain as is or altered, and how strictly would you want it enforced?

Full moon schedule
Actually, I've found a place that gives me the illumination of the moon on any day of the year, and I pushed it to get 2030. :angel: I know I could just make them up, but I'm too stubborn for that. Hehe! I think we could indeed have an almanac for the setting. Now I'm just need to find someone to transfer the info into a calendar... :devil:

In the meanwhile, keep thinking on locations. I still like the idea of remodeling a block or two, but I've noticed that some of the businesses people have set up have specific details in their descriptions...

Oh, and a big question on the aliens!

We've been discussing on this thread how aliens and other non-humans should be rarities etc., but you know from fantasy ISRP that not everyone reads stuff before they create their uber-cool character.

- Pounamu, who should be doing her "real life" homework, not her "online life" homework... ><

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

The age/species regulations work well enough as they are now as far I'm concerned. It would also keep things simple enough for those who inevitably won't read the setting information. "This is a nightclub/bar in NY City" should be basic enough to make that guideline, changing it any further could get messy with people who don't read the setting info or this thread.

As for the aliens/rarities....
Originally posted by WizO Pounamu
Oh, and a big question on the aliens!

We've been discussing on this thread how aliens and other non-humans should be rarities etc., but you know from fantasy ISRP that not everyone reads stuff before they create their uber-cool character.
If people do just come up with concepts that result in the rarities being more common than a normal human, I'd say lynchings would be a reasonable reaction IC. Not many people would be too happy with a flight squadron of space invaders just strutting into their nightclub as if they owned the place.
And you're absolutely right about people not reading the setting info, of course.

A side note on the aliens/rarities though-
I wrote up a few alien and mutant races a while back and sent them to Reesa. If you don't have them on file and would like them, I'd be happy to send them your way Pounamu. I'm still working on the rough sketches for them, but those are next on my list of things to get done.

W

WizO_Pounamu

Ooooohhhh... anything with pictures is goooooooood!
*imagines in images and is a sucker for visuals. Heh*

No, I don't seem to have your races, Than, but if you'd like them to be part of the setting info, pass them this way. ;)

Similarly, does anyone else have something they want in the setting? If so, now's the time to pipe up! ^ ^

For those that don't know it, my email is pounamu@wizardsmoderator.com :angel:

I need to start bugging my colleagues about the webpages soon because I don't like this "waiting on everything" thing, but it doesn't look like we have many images. It may end up that the pages will need revising... which they'll just love doing... ><

- Pounamu

Drindin

First Post
This is a high-class night club, aye? If so... I'd say.... a stage. That way, we can PC's that Might just end up play instrumentalists that could come in, get the attending wizo to say that "hey, I'll hire you to play..." and then the guy goes up and plays... and that'd be really neat... and stuff... and ya...

In case someone *wink wink* is going to play an instrumentalist...

W

WizO_Pounamu

*chuckles* Yeah, I better note all that...

The nightclub itself currently has:
  • A stage and sound system
  • A nice long bar, fully stocked (But locked when there is no live staff around :p)
  • Comfortable seating and tables
  • A large dance area
  • Rest rooms/toilets (always a bright idea. lol)
  • A large vending machine that accepts hard currency and approved credit transfers
  • Computer consoles to access TMP message boards for notes, advertisements, lost and found etc
  • Alleyways down the sides of the building, partially well lit
  • A sheltered area for those waiting outside the entrance
  • benches and ashtrays outside for smokers

I'll pass out the description as soon as we settle on where, hmm? ;)

- Pounamu

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

WizO Pounamu said:
Ooooohhhh... anything with pictures is goooooooood!
*imagines in images and is a sucker for visuals. Heh*

No, I don't seem to have your races, Than, but if you'd like them to be part of the setting info, pass them this way. ;)
Sure thing, I'll send it tonight. Not sure on the time frame of the drawings, heh. I don't have my own scanner, but my friends have them, so hopefully this weekend if the sketches are done in time. :D

S

Ssussunriyh

WizO Pounamu said:
The nightclub itself currently has:
  • A stage and sound system
  • A nice long bar, fully stocked (But locked when there is no live staff around :p)
  • Comfortable seating and tables
  • A large dance area
  • Rest rooms/toilets (always a bright idea. lol)
  • A large vending machine that accepts hard currency and approved credit transfers
  • Computer consoles to access TMP message boards for notes, advertisements, lost and found etc
  • Alleyways down the sides of the building, partially well lit
  • A sheltered area for those waiting outside the entrance
  • benches and ashtrays outside for smokers

How about a small parking lot out back/next door/across the street, for those who insist on driving in Manhattan? (The last legal curbside parking spot was taken sometime back in the 1960's...)

Remove ads