The Monty Python TTRPG Kickstarter Just Went Live!

Monty Python's Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme, the offical licensed Monty Python roleplaying game, just went live on Kickstarter!

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 3.07.22 PM.png

It's $25 for the PDF, or $65 for the hardcover ($95 for the special edition). You can also pick up a whole bunch of accessories -- dice, tokens, a screen, even a dice catapult!

The game is a rules-lite system (with spam!) and, while set in mediaeval England, draws on Monty Python's entire catalogue.

knight.png

beast.png

You can choose to play a Cleric, Enchanter, Hermit, Knight, Monarch, Monk/Nun, Ne’erdowell, Noble, Peasant, or Troubadour. You'll also have up to five Traits like Valour, Wisdom in the Ways of Science, and so on.

dice.jpg

The dice appear to include d18s, d16s, and d14s. There's also a d30!

The Kickstarter has a high funding goal of $200k, which is made in the first hour. Currently it is racking up a thousand dollars every few seconds — chances are this might be a new million dollar campaign, after a lull in them these past few months.

RareBreed

Adventurer
It's funny how our word spam to describe unwanted mail or email came from a Monty Python sketch, so it was a natural seeing it in the description.

Even the tier level descriptions are awesome. If they had a "Moistened Bint" pledge level at $500 with a replica scimitar (err Excalibur), I would have done it in a heartbeat. As it stands, I will have to settle for being an Upper Class Twit (and part time Stock Broker).

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Don't get me wrong, I like a good Monty Python reference or in-joke as much as the next geek. But I'm not sure my sanity could handle a game that is nothing but Monty Python references and in-jokes. This might be A Bit Too Silly for me.

That said, I'm happy it's doing so well. It has reached $440K and 3,300 backers in less than 3 hours, which is pretty impressive.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases