• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The most fun character you have ever played/seen

0bsolete

First Post
Just as the title says. What character have you played or seen played that was the most fun for you or the group you play with?

Gospog

First Post
Tharag!

Tharag, the half-orc Druid\Barbarian.

He was addicted to "magic mushrooms", which also allowed him to cast spells. It was Scarred lands, and he travelled with his Albadian Battle Cat, Buggy Bear.

He was rude, crude and socially unacceptable. Also (by the end of the campaign) ridiculously powerful! ;)

Thanks for asking.

-Tom

Holy Bovine

First Post
Gree'kar, Wookie Jedi Guardian. He once leaped from a speeding flyer onto a nearby droid fighter, smashed the droid pilot with his lightsaber and landed gracefully on a nearby rooftop.

Then things got cool.....

Chimera

First Post
In a very short-lived 2e retro (because it was about 2 years ago) "campaign" (3 sessions), I played an over-the-top flamingly gay Elf. (Because, after all, aren't they all?) Mostly just to show the other players a litte more flamboyant role-play than they were used to.

In the campaign I'm currently playing in, our best fighter is a trophy keeper. War of the Burning Sky campaign, and he carries around and wears on his person: The mummified cat from the wizard's crypt in the canyon from the first adventure, the femur the hellhound dropped that had a threat to the party, a necklace made of teeth from the giant crocodile...and a few others I can't quite recall.

Honestly, there have been a lot of characters I've seen in the past that would have been a lot more fun if they hadn't been the wrong character in the wrong place, or been applied in such a mind-numbingly destructive way. Such as the guy who decided to play his halfling wizard as being very childlike (because halflings were not local and thus he kept being mistaken for a child); but since he was the defacto party leader (the other players having perpetual deer-in-headlights stares), it totally bombed the game; or the woman who played a not-very-wise Scout, but kept doing things that destroyed the party's tactics and plans (and then looking me - the party tactician - straight in the eye and laughing about it); or the Rogue who kept trying over-the-top moves and failing, but was played by a guy got kicked out of the group for trashing my house when I hosted.

kenobi65

First Post
Of all my PCs, three stand out:

Ril Stendan, my Living Force (RPGA Star Wars) PC. A swashbuckling Corellian freighter pilot. Also the most chronically unlucky Corellian ever. But, I loved playing the Han Solo type. By the end of the campaign, he was a true hotshot pilot, and a dead-eye aim with a blaster.

Haldir, a wood elf barbarian I play in a Forgotten Realms campaign. He's dumb as a post, and knows it. He speaks in broken Common ("me take two semesters of Common As Second Language"), insists on wearing filthy armor ("it my camouflage!"), and cannot remember the long Elvish name for his heirloom greataxe ("me just call it 'Chop-Chop'.")

Kano Katzindonas, a Nimbic summoner I play in a Warlords of the Accordlands campaign. He's 4' tall, and is a member of a race that only has a 10-year lifespan. He's probably ADHD, bounces between being completely immature (his Gloves of Dexterity are made so the fingers are finger puppets -- of the other PCs in the group!) and a complete horn-dog (he has the hots for busty dwarven women). He totally lives in the moment, and always says (and does) the first thing that pops into his head...when he met a baroness, he decided to show her his new magic item...and managed to pull a rhino out of his Tan Bag of Tricks.

Of other characters, one that really sticks in my head was one of the PCs that we had in the 2001 D&D Open at GenCon...the dire boar bonded mount of a dwarven paladin was actually one of the PCs (the paladin was another PC). That was one great pig. :D

Asmor

First Post
[sblock=potentially offensive]In a d20 modern game, my friend played a Mike Tyson-sort of character. A black ex-boxer, currently working as a bouncer. I was playing a gun-toting priest from the deep south, and we had a lot of fun interactions. I don't want to get into any specifics, but my character didn't consider himself a racist, but absolutely was.

This isn't to imply that my character hated the bouncer because he was black, just that my character thought all the stereotypes were true. For example, when he was trying to get the on the bouncer's good side after accidentally offending him, he bought the man certain food and drink items which he thought "those people" liked.

Yes, I know, I'm a terrible person and I should be shot. But it was lots of fun to play. I am not a racist in real life.[/sblock]

Other than that, my favorite characters that I've played were a paladin and a barbarian. Those are just such fun characters to play! Nothing really special about them... I strongly suspect this thread will be filled with mentions of barbs and pallies.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I recall an acquaintance of mine named 'John' who played an AD&D 2e barbarian with a hate on for pixies. This barbarian's hobby was metal-plating pixie skulls which he would then adorn all of his equipment (and jewelry) with. He eventually turned the brutal murder of wee folk into an exact science (so as to ensure undamaged skulls). As his barbarian became more cultured, he eventually ended up designing some really ingenius devices for trapping/killing/cleaning pixies. He singularly gained a reputation in the campaign world as the sworn enemy of an entire species or two. When the pixies came for him. . . well. . . you had to be there. All that remains of the barbarian is a really keen bronze sculpture ;)

rossik

Explorer
nicko (nikodemus), senior cleric of pholtus (a character that looked and act like Don Quixote)

and dave, the narcoleptic beholder

Mallus

Legend
Joseirus, the Egyptian God of Mexican Wrestling (M&M2e).

Jose Ramirez was just a good Catholic schoolboy from L.A. until his no-good uncle from the far future transformed Jose into the Mighty Joseirus, the "ancient Egyptain God of Mexican Wrestling" using a stolen reality-hacking machine.

His "moves" include the Cheops Drop, the Nile-Driver, and summoning the flying, flaming, and horseless Chariot of Ra. His enemies include Nazis, ancient Cthuloid horrors, and causality.

I had a paladin for a one shot by the name of Kayn, he was a lot of fun. It was just fun to run around saying "I am Kayn". He was the spokesperson, healer, and voice of reason for the group. As a bonus, according to the GM and others in the group I did a damn fine job of role playing the paly too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads