D&D General The most played D&D Adventure of all time

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
(Warning, below is 1000% anecdata)

I've run LMoP three times, and my son has started DMing it at least once
Never run KotB or played in it
I did play in B1, which was terrible (but hooked me 46 years ago, and here I still am!)

The only thing I'll add, which maybe has already been said upthread somewhere: The OP only said "played", which I take to mean played at least a session, with session being defined within each individual playgroup.

Completed means something else. That said, LMoP may also be the most completed adventure too...

Stormonu

Legend
(Warning, below is 1000% anecdata)

I've run LMoP three times, and my son has started DMing it at least once
Never run KotB or played in it
I did play in B1, which was terrible (but hooked me 46 years ago, and here I still am!)

The only thing I'll add, which maybe has already been said upthread somewhere: The OP only said "played", which I take to mean played at least a session, with session being defined within each individual playgroup.

Completed means something else. That said, LMoP may also be the most completed adventure too...
Pretty much all my attempts to run B2 have ended with death in the goblin caves (D18). "Bree-yark!"

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
For thwt napkin math, what percentage of total sales of the Starter Set are you assuming these numbers represent? @Alphastream estimated it represents 25-33% of total sales, particularly using the Star Set details we have from other sources to conclude that.

And Lost Mines was a freebie on Beyond For a couple years, too.
I don't have data on what percentage either chart represents of total sales. Do you?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Pretty much all my attempts to run B2 have ended with death in the goblin caves (D18). "Bree-yark!"
Yeah, the Caves of Chaos either require a lot of hirelings bait or Seal Team 6 level tactics. The more than a dozen kobold snipers in the tree outside their cave are more than capable of TPKing an ordinary D&D group, of any edition.

GreyLord

Legend
Baldur's Gate 2?

Or maybe one of the Neverwinter Nights adventure packs?

Knights of the Old Republic was not exactly D&D, but based on Star Wars D20 which basically was D&D repackaged.

I'd be guessing it would be one of the video games which was the most played D&D adventure of all time.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Baldur's Gate 2?

Or maybe one of the Neverwinter Nights adventure packs?

Knights of the Old Republic was not exactly D&D, but based on Star Wars D20 which basically was D&D repackaged.

I'd be guessing it would be one of the video games which was the most played D&D adventure of all time.
How does Baldur's Gate 3's sales compare to those?

Remove ads